Illegal Roleplay Suggestions

Joseph_Campo

Just now, DLimit said:

Consider it a necessary risk within a high-level roleplay server in order to provide car thieves with some sort of opportunity to benefit from the /vbreakin system.

What's keeping you from benefiting from vehicles belonging to participating players? I've never had issues finding cars when I was jacking rides, furthermore you can't chop every ride you see. I don't see how it benefits anyone when I have to wait before I can log off. 

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

What's keeping you from benefiting from vehicles belonging to participating players? I've never had issues finding cars when I was jacking rides, furthermore you can't chop every ride you see. I don't see how it benefits anyone when I have to wait before I can log off. 

You can log off while the timer exists on the vehicle. It doesn't prevent a person from logging off. However, the vehicle would not disappear until twenty minutes after pressing /vpark. 

Just now, DLimit said:

You can log off while the timer exists on the vehicle. It doesn't prevent a person from logging off. However, the vehicle would not disappear until twenty minutes after pressing /vpark. 

Why would I log off if I can't safely despawn my vehicle? What's the point of despawning cars in the first place if that's the case?

27 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Why would I log off if I can't safely despawn my vehicle? What's the point of despawning cars in the first place if that's the case?

It's to provide car thieves with an extra opportunity to carjack vehicles without spamming the server with parked vehicles.

What's the point of owning a household if items can be stolen in a household during a breakin? I shouldn't log off as my house is insecure, correct? In the end, twenty minutes is not a lot of time. It's a reasonable risk to increase criminal R.P. opportunities for car thieves.

Any one that would rather stay online for an extra twenty minutes to guard their vehicle possesses a "Play to Win" attitude. 

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

It's to provide car thieves with an extra opportunity to carjack vehicles without spamming the server with parked vehicles.

What's the point of owning a household if items can be stolen in a household during a breakin? I shouldn't log off as my house is insecure, correct? In the end, twenty minutes is not a lot of time. It's a reasonable risk to increase criminal R.P. opportunities for car thieves.

What you're saying is a false equivalence and a logical fallacy. Basically what you're saying is that you want to have the ability to steal cars with immunity, without anyone being able report it stolen, or protect their property where it would otherwise be realistic to do so? Where does that fit in your "high-level roleplay server" narrative? Why don't you go jack the cars you already have access too? I have never encountered the issues you supposedly encountered looking for cars. 

Edited by eTaylor
6 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

What you're saying is a false equivalence and a logical fallacy. Basically what you're saying is that you want to have the ability to steal cars with immunity, without anyone being able report it stolen, or protect their property where it would otherwise be realistic to do so? Where does that fit in your "high-level roleplay server" narrative?Basically what you're saying is that you want to have the ability to steal cars with immunity, without anyone being able report it stolen, or protect their property where it would otherwise be realistic to do so? Where does that fit in your "high-level roleplay server" narrative? Why don't you go jack the cars you already have access too? I have never encountered the issues you supposedly encountered looking for cars. 

Logging off is the equivalent to resting. Would you, a sleeping person, be able to file a report against your stolen vehicle? Highly unlikely. Hence, it's realistic.

Why does one assume that I'm a car thief? I'm producing a recommendation based on the issues that were addressed, above.

EDIT: Other players can report that a person is stealing your vehicle, as-well. When I USE to steal vehicles, my character would be confronted by bystanders that were not the owner of these vehicles more frequently than the owner, themselves, any way.

Edited by DLimit

I have to agree with Taylor, it doesn't take into account people who want to RP parking in a garage or have IC ways to protect their vehicles.  I've jacked cars quite a bit too and like he said, there's plenty of opportunities.  It's also very likely that I would hear someone breaking into my car outside, especially if it has alarms.

Edited by Roadtrain
2 minutes ago, Roadtrain said:

I have to agree with Taylor, it doesn't take into account people who want to RP parking in a garage or have IC ways to protect their vehicles.  I've jacked cars quite a bit too and like he said, there's plenty of opportunities.

Thus, players should purchase a garage, which are available throughout the server, rather than powergaming every thing. I should just roleplay possessing a magical safe inside of Maze Bank to secure all of my properties, then.

Edit: I'm only vouching for a twenty-minute timer, which is a decent and fair amount of time to balance the issue that certain players possess with this under-paying job.

Edited by DLimit
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

Logging off is the equivalent to resting. Would you, a sleeping person, be able to file a report against your stolen vehicle? Highly unlikely. Hence, it's realistic.

Why does one assume that I'm a car thief? I'm producing a recommendation based on the issues that were addressed, above.

Nowhere is it established that a player who's logged off is sleeping, furthermore it's highly likely that a disturbance on my property would render me aware of intruders. Regardless of the aforementioned arguments, such a system is only going to significantly hurt people without benefits. Additionally, questioning your motive, if you're not a car thief then why are you so heavily debating something you know nothing about? 

44 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Consider it a necessary risk within a high-level roleplay server in order to provide car thieves with some sort of opportunity to benefit from the /vbreakin system.

You don't have to wait... just, log off.

The massive loophole I see here is that people are going to drive around, wait to see someone do this then breaking into the car well knowing that while IC the character might be in a building or house, OOCly that person has disconnected from the game. 

• mj2002 locked this topic