Please stop allowing people to play characters that are under 18

pateuvasiliu

As someone that works in Law Enforcement I do not feel comfortable having to shoot, hit, search or even strip search a character that is a minor.

This is NOT done in any game ( pretty sure it's illegal too ), kids and teenagers are not killable and any violence happens on adult characters. It also opens up some really fucked up avenues for people to engage in Pedophilia on this server.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

NPC it if it's a problem as long as the party agrees. There's no rule against it nor should there ever be a rule against limiting player's roleplay in regards to their age. Gangs have minors in them all the time same for the Mobs who enlist kids at younger ages to make them mobsters.

It's not illegal first of all. Second of all, this is an 18+ game rated M for mature. If you can't handle it then you shouldn't be playing honestly. If people want to be pedos let them as long as permission is granted from both parties or all parties involved, if you don't you can't moderate what someone roleplays. I get involved in roleplay scenarios I don't wanna be in but It's part of the game and part of roleplay, realistically if you were involved in that type of shit you can't just "void" yourself out of it, it happens then it happens and that's how I play this game. It's based off realism therefore, if someone wants to be a kid they will be a kid. Cops have shot kids IRL, it has happened. Cops have arrested kids IRL, there's a Juvie center for them.

This is a roleplay server meant to portray realism. What you're suggesting is going against the realism aspect as these are an everyday event.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely not, that would ruin gang RP.

Edit: Being able to handle minors is a huge part of being a police officers. It's good that you are uncomfortable with using deadly force against kids, I wish more were. 

Edited by Vindus
  • Upvote 4

Having an RP server without minors would be shit, to put it bluntly. If you do not feel comfortable RPing with a minor when it comes to searching you can like stated above "NPC it if it's a problem as long as the party agrees". As in terms of shooting, a lot of minors do get shot in both gang and police shootings. Pedophilia, torture, and rape are all things that need OOC consent from all parties involved, so if you do not wish to RP that you do not need to.

To sum it up simply, like @Vindus above. 

50 minutes ago, Vindus said:

Absolutely not, that would ruin gang RP.

• Upvote 1

Roleplay is meant to portray real life at least on this server in some capacity. Worse things happen in real life that are against the rules in this server or at least requires the other parties consent. If you are in Law Enforcement in real life then you should be more knowledgeble to the things going in real life in terms of gangs and other "horrors" of the world.

• Upvote 1

If you have a problem shooting/killing child characters, that's an issue that could be put into your character's worldview and handled entirely ICly. A police officer's job is to de-escalate the situation first and foremost. If you fail (not necessarily by your own fault!) and the kid gets hurt and/or dies, that's an IC problem. Portray how your character is feeling. You're here to roleplay.

As for pedophilia, I completely agree that it should be banned altogether. Even fictional pedophilia (art/literature, and by extension RP) is considered highly illegal in the US and could get the players, Nervous, and possibly the server host itself in serious trouble. Not living in the US will not protect people from criminal charges being pressed.

But that doesn't really mean child characters should be banned altogether - One of my characters is sixteen, and on LSRP I've played as young as nine. I just don't do weird, creepy shit on them because I'm a normal person. Don't collectively punish people portraying children because a few of them are weird. Ban the specific players trying to instigate sexual RP with them.

Edit: Also, violence against children in video games isn't illegal. Bully, Last of Us, Detroit, Biohazard. It's generally frowned upon, but not against the law.

Edited by akari
52 minutes ago, Rumbunctious said:

Image result for bully game

Does that game have kids murdering people? Getting shot? Having sex? I somehow doubt it.

As far as I know games aren't allowed to show child violence which is why in games like Skyrim or Fallout they literally made it so you can't hurt kids. I don't know why anyone would support this. 

Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

Does that game have kids murdering people? Getting shot? Having sex? I somehow doubt it.

As far as I know games aren't allowed to show child violence which is why in games like Skyrim or Fallout they literally made it so you can't hurt kids. I don't know why anyone would support this. 

Again, Skyrim and Fallout are both made by Bethesda, who generally don't allow children to be harmed in their games. That's not because of the law, it's just their personal morals. Plenty of other games have done it, Bully included.

• Fenrir locked this topic