Bus Routes and Bus Driver Job

meijiemeiji

874fc6-20181225025512_1.jpg

Short description: I suggest that in future if can, there could be few bus routes in the city, It would help players get around easier if they are just away from their vehicles or just want to go use the public transport.
I also suggest the creation of a bus driver job which would allow players to rent/buy a bus in order to go drive down one of the specific bus routes previously mentioned.

Detailed description: Los Santos right now doesn't really have any MRT or anything apart from Taxis and privately owned Ubers.

Addition of more public transit options would help people go from one place to another without the need of using their vehicle, It would also create seamless traffic on the roads and would look a bit more realistic in nature, We can't use the trams in RAGE anyway thus Buses and Taxis are our best bets.

This is the Transit Map for Los Santos

The job would be similar to the trucking one, where one can rent a bus and drive for a state owned company or join a bus union and use theirs by giving them a percentage cut for using the vehicles.

Buses will follow certain routes and stop at bus stops for which they will get paid in the end, Bus drivers would also get extra money if passengers (characters) board them for the number of stops they travel.

Vehicles which can be used for the Job.

•  

• Shuttle Bus for shorter routes
  • latest?cb=20160916175326
  •  
  • Bus for In-City routes
  •  
  • latest?cb=20160518153829
  • Dashound for LS and Beyond Routes
  •  
  • latest?cb=20161018180031
  •  
  •  

Commands to add: Bus driver Job

Items to add: Bus route, State owned  Bus Company and Buses.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I think the addition of a Bus Driver Job would expand more on the servers immersion level. IC'ly one can just buy a bus and go around the city pick up people but people won't know if buses would come to certain stops or not. Most people can't afford to get a Bus for just RP as a solo Bus driver. Routes and specific stop points would help Drivers and People immerse more into the gameplay rather than just driving/roaming around aimlessly.

Additional information:

• Upvote 1

I like the idea of having regular buses due to the fact that so many people post adverts looking for an Uber.

Maybe with the phone they could use a command like /nextbus and /nextbusstop to bring up IC information like locating the nearest bus stop from their location and bring up bus times.

Not sure how many people can be inside the bus though, I think it's limited to the standard 4? I could be wrong though.

14 hours ago, Jura said:

I like the idea of having regular buses due to the fact that so many people post adverts looking for an Uber.

Maybe with the phone they could use a command like /nextbus and /nextbusstop to bring up IC information like locating the nearest bus stop from their location and bring up bus times.

Not sure how many people can be inside the bus though, I think it's limited to the standard 4? I could be wrong though.

The limit seems to be four people, even for a bus.

not sure if this is to do with RAGE or not.

Both bus and taxi jobs could be made more attractive towards the citizens only when certain scripted aspects with cars and some other things are changed.

• Make cars consume more fuel
  • Make the fuel more expensive
  • Make maintenance more frequent
  • Too much alcohol would literally make you unable to drive a car
  • Some kind of a drunken car crash script that might happen

..... etc etc etc and yes I know 'BOOOOOOOOOOOOO', 'RPG' - but lets be honest , nobody will use the taxies or busses otherwise.

The main issue is people need to be willing to RP a character who would use these services on a daily basis and I feel that would not be a majority of players at this point, unfortunately, With the starter paychecks and the availability of vehicles to start (bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, the mid-$20,000 cars), the Uber/Taxi/Bus jobs will stay underutilized. Of course, I understand that this is supposed to be more about role play than anything else, but that is the reality of it. People aren't going to use buses, ubers & taxis simply because I believe many feel its an inconvenience. They'll either use the checks to buy their own transportation or get a friend to drive. As @Tr1bal mentioned above, unless people are sort of forced into a situation where they would need to use a bus, taxi or Uber, they aren't going to (nearly as often). Then we enter into the territory where people complain about their RP choices being limited.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. As they say.

Edited by Kestalas
  • Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

Both bus and taxi jobs could be made more attractive towards the citizens only when certain scripted aspects with cars and some other things are changed.

..... etc etc etc and yes I know 'BOOOOOOOOOOOOO', 'RPG' - but lets be honest , nobody will use the taxies or busses otherwise.

I agree, these changes would make the server more vivid and diverse rather than the same stale 'I bought a car now I will drive it forever' ego players have.

Cars consume fuel way less and Alcohol has no effect on driving either.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:13 AM, Tr1bal said:

Yes please!!! And cut down on spawn points all across the map for anyone to use at any time they log in. This will make people use public transmit more often. Would much rather see characters spawn in wherever they last logged, and have any other fixed spawn point removed from the game. 

Edited by Raindance

The server has some major issues when it comes to taxis.

You only get a few clients an hour, so to stay competitive compared to Fishing or Trucking you have to charge a lot.

But why would I pay 400$ on a Taxi fare when that's enough to rent a car for 4 hours?

So what you should be doing is make Taxi drivers get more money while also keeping the cost for players who take a taxi low. A government sponsored taxi fare, if you'd like, where I pay 100$ but the Taxi driver gets 400$. Make drivers receive massively more than the player pays.

Until then, the only options are:

- Charge low, and you lose money on the job, which makes the job useless

- Charge high, and people won't be attracted towards taxis

Also the fines on poor driving/DUIs/driving without a license need to be far higher.

1000$ is nothing when you earn more per hour. Imagine if you'd get a 50$ fine for speeding repeatedly

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • mj2002 locked this topic