Hip-Hop & Rap discussion

Arthur

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, Cici said:

^ Real Hip Hop.

AMEN!

I don't really consider the new school "rap/hop-hop"(most shit posted in this thread) as rap or hip hop at all.

4 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

I don't really consider the new school "rap/hop-hop"(most shit posted in this thread) as rap or hip hop at all.

new school is as fire and as nice 2 listen 2 as old school tbh, just got to get into it

1 hour ago, Lance said:

new school is as fire and as nice 2 listen 2 as old school tbh, just got to get into it

I don't know, maybe the first 100 times were nice but every song just sounds alike , I really can't do the difference. It's like its own genre and it most definitely is not rap or hip-hop anymore. I can literally generate a top hit by playing elevator music and some random English poem with x2 speed together in Youtube(Actually tried it many times). But this is just how I think and feel about it. I used to think that maybe it's because I'm getting older and have this "dad" effect and can only like music from my own era because of the emotional connection but naaaaaaaaah, slowly discovered the whole rap genre by going backwards till the 80's. Maybe it's because of the high standards these eras set? Maybe. Maybe we someday come out from the musical dark ages.

9 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

Maybe it's because of the high standards these eras set? Maybe. Maybe we someday come out from the musical dark ages.

I see where you're coming from, but I personally love new school rap/hiphop, ''mumble rap'' and all that, I like it, yes it might not be as lyrical or for someone who was listening to rap back in the day. I got into rap with 50 Cent, Eminem, Lloyd Banks, Snoop etc, I still love old school rap a lot, even though I was not even born when some of that stuff came out. There is good music nowadays in addition to all the mumble stuff, Tom McDonald for example, found him recently and I' happy I did, I'm a fan of his controversy, he has the balls to say stuff a lot of rappers don't.

He also criticized new school rappers.

Edited by Lance
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Gall locked this topic