[Saints News] Review - The Warehouse

Barriss

image.png.f9830b4c366b4ef3914aa8c5f3bffd93.pngc0280ca5ed.jpg

Rave at the Warehouse

Aska Redan

When one hears the word "warehouse" they often expect cargo containers, boxes, and if the movies are to be taken seriously - a hot location for all manner of illegal activities, from arms deals to illegal teddy bear sweatshops. However, the Warehouse in La Mesa is one part stereotype and one part unique location.

When I first stepped into the club, I had half expected it to be like many of the others. Bahama Mama's, Galaxy, and HEAT all have fairly similar DJ rotations and laid back atmospheres. They're perfect places to meet strangers, have a drink, and dance your sorrows away before Sunday morning. This was not the case with Warehouse, however. I was met with this amazingly brutal industrial themed music. Pallets, battered crates, and oil-drums were being used as tables. Old car seats and discarded couches were used for seating. Cargo containers were made into ramps and wall covers. Flashing emergency lights and traffic signals syncing to the beat of the delightfully moody and experimental DJ. This was beyond something any other club has done in my experience. For once, a place had actual style and substance to it. Warehouse is only truly rivaled by the Garden in this regard.

When I entered I went up to the bar. It was well stocked and I asked for the house favorite. Not but a few minutes after ordering my drink I was given a double whiskey, neat. Nothing extraordinary but the service was top notch. I mingled with a few friends for a minute, due to how bare the club was looking. This wasn't their fault, however, as two other clubs were open that night and divided attention.

1052696e36.jpg

The interior of the Warehouse

The whole club captured me and as any reasonable writer would do, I went to find the owner. I was lead to the lovely Mrs. Steph Taskovic who was more than willing to tell me about her club (AR is Aska Redan while ST is Steph Taskovic): 

AR: Whoever designed this was a genius.

ST: Thanks, it was a good friend of mine, from back home in Australia. We worked on it together.

AR: He has excellent taste.

ST: He flew in to help, I have a specific in mind.

I had planned on asking her what the inspiration and concept for the club was going to be. However, she managed to answer that well before I asked.

ST: At the time there were a lot of clubs that were just, carbon copies of each other. Same look, feel, and music. I wanted to do something different.

AR: You just answered a question I was about to ask.

ST: I'm also a mind reader.

unknown.png

Steph Taskovic, owner of the Warehouse.

We continued to discuss the club at length before finally getting to the music. The DJ of the night was DJ TM, who had recently moved back to LS after some time. His music was nothing less than a much-needed reprieve from the same standard club beats.  The feel was dark and brooding industrial music but interlaced with heavy synths and bass.  There were even Harry Potter and some unknown video game voice lines sampled into the music - something I've never heard before in any of the clubs in Los Santos. The experience I had was world-class, and I highly recommend anyone seeking a new place to spice up their routine to visit this wonderful location in La Mesa.

Saints News

Edited by Barriss
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic