A "Detective Job"

Desastro

Short description:  A job that you apply for in the forums, you need valid RP reasons obviously. You can use the "Detective Job" for legal purposes and illegal purposes.

Detailed description:   Applying and obtaining this job doesn't necessarily mean you have to RP a detective or a private investigator. With this job, you can trace people's phone numbers, place a tracker on them, attach moles to them, in their vehicle, even in their house/business and hear everything they say and more (You obviously need to RP placing and operating the trackers and the moles accordingly). This is not only useful for legal RP, infact this can be also very useful for criminal and illegal roleplay, you name it, there are multiple examples where this script would be useful for illegalRP. Examples: Illegal Private Investigator who works for gangs and stuff, a stalker, a criminal mastermind, etc, etc.

Commands to add: /trace [PH] - This command can be used to trace phone numbers, to get a phone number use /number by a phonebooth. When tracing them you'll get the location.
Sometimes it will say "Marked on GPS" and a checkpoint will be created on your radar.
Sometimes it may also say "House" or a business name, and a checkpoint will be created at the house/business.
/attachmole [ID] - With this command you can attach a mole to a player you're near, you will then be able to hear everything he say. To remove it use /killmole [ID].
/tracker [ID] - You can place a tracker on a person which will place a marker on your map and you will ALWAYS know where the person is. To remove it use /killtracker [ID]. (Note: It will be removed if the player enter a interior, which includes all buildings.)

Items to add: Moles, Trackers

How would your suggestion improve the server? More jobs and more RP opportunities.

Additional information: If any of you have anything else you'd like to add to this idea, I would love to see it.

I'm very against allowing 'civilians' that are FAR from having the resources of simply 'tracing' a phone number. Sure, you might be able to if you're some insanely good hacker or whatever. But it just seems very unrealistic to me. MAYBE if roleplay has been done like installing malicious software on the cellphone that they'd want to track. 

I do however support the moles and trackers. Those would be a good addition not only to the PD but also to civilians. 

14 minutes ago, Desastro said:

/attachmole [ID] - With this command you can attach a mole to a player you're near, you will then be able to hear everything he say. To remove it use /killmole [ID].
 /tracker [ID] - You can place a tracker on a person which will place a marker on your map and you will ALWAYS know where the person is. To remove it use /killtracker [ID]. (Note: It will be removed if the player enter a interior, which includes all buildings.)

Fuck. That. Prone to abuse in about 10 different ways. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Kaasisbaas said:

I'm very against allowing 'civilians' that are FAR from having the resources of simply 'tracing' a phone number. Sure, you might be able to if you're some insanely good hacker or whatever. But it just seems very unrealistic to me. MAYBE if roleplay has been done like installing malicious software on the cellphone that they'd want to track. 

I do however support the moles and trackers. Those would be a good addition not only to the PD but also to civilians. 

You literally have to write an application in order to get the job, so not everyone will be able to have this otherwise that'll be indeed a chaos. I assume if this gets implemented the application would be quite hard to pass so only few would be able to have this. I did say you have to RP everything properly in details otherwise you would be punished by staff. Obviously some people would break rules and rely on abusing the script rather than use it fairly but I believe the application would be able to filter trolls out if that makes any sense to you.

Edited by Desastro
11 minutes ago, Mike said:

I mean... this is literally what LSRP had lol. Exact same command names, functions and job name. A massive no thank you!

Can you explain to me why you are so against this idea? Yes, LSRP had it and it was quite successful, I don't remember many users who caused any chaos using that job or those CMDs, I assume some players did exploit the CMDs and they got banned for abusing their job regardless.

I really wanna know what made you think this idea can be extremely terrible.

1 minute ago, Desastro said:

Can you explain to me why you are so against this idea? Yes, LSRP had it and it was quite successful, I don't remember many users who caused any chaos using that job or those CMDs, I assume some players did exploit the CMDs and they got banned for abusing their job regardless.

I really wanna know what made you think this idea can be extremely terrible.

It's just literally a direct copy of the script, that's already offsetting. And why was it quite successful again? Oh... you got extra money with the job and a cheque after xx hours every time for even more money. Could just mole people up without them getting a notification and trace people randomly. Putting trackers in people's houses and shit. I mean it can be nice and cool if it was done in a proper way but not through a "detective" job and not through something that is a direct copy.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

It's just literally a direct copy of the script, that's already offsetting. And why was it quite successful again? Oh... you got extra money with the job and a cheque after xx hours every time for even more money. Could just mole people up without them getting a notification and trace people randomly. Putting trackers in people's houses and shit. I mean it can be nice and cool if it was done in a proper way but not through a "detective" job and not through something that is a direct copy.

Well, we can always make changes, we can even call the system something completely different from "Detective Job".

I totally agree that it shouldn't be a copy paste of the LSRP "Detective Job" system, obviously. But I just wanted to deliver the idea really, devs can always take the idea the way it is and edit things to make the script compatible with Gtaworld.

And no that wasn't the reason why it was quite successful. in LSRP you don't even get a paycheck from the job, you literally don't.

It was quite successful cause I remember myself enjoying the script, I RP'd a private investigator and used those CMD's and RP'd them PROPERLY in multiple scenarios and I totally loved it. Mind you, this might sound cliche but I never enjoyed the money that came out of my roleplay, I enjoyed roleplaying not the petty in-game money.

• mj2002 locked this topic