Switching the server timezone

Orcaninja

The server timezone right now is very eurocentric. Before this server, I played on one that had west coast time. This too caused an issue for being too centric. I think the east coast timezone GMT -5 is fairest for people playing in the Americas and Europe. 

Edit:

After seeing other people's thoughts GMT -2 or -3 would be a fair time for pretty much everyone involved.  

Edited by Orcaninja
1 hour ago, Jimenez said:

Most of the roleplay is centered around night time, think of nightclubs and bars, slanging dope and hunting criminals. Therefore it is a solid choice to keep the current situation as is.

Not everyone goes to nightclubs, slangs dope, or hunts criminals.

My suggestion on Discord a few weeks ago was to increase the time cycle so that 1 in-game day = 12 real-life hours. That way both US and EU timezones could enjoy day/night cycles.

"Oh but what about nightclubs!!" - You don't need 12 hours of night to enjoy nightclub rp... I doubt anyone spends more than an hour or two inside one of those anyway. If we bump the cycle up, you go to a club, "party" for a few hours, when you step outside, it's morning! Oooh!

40 minutes ago, Supra. said:

My suggestion on Discord a few weeks ago was to increase the time cycle so that 1 in-game day = 12 real-life hours. That way both US and EU timezones could enjoy day/night cycles.

"Oh but what about nightclubs!!" - You don't need 12 hours of night to enjoy nightclub rp... I doubt anyone spends more than an hour or two inside one of those anyway. If we bump the cycle up, you go to a club, "party" for a few hours, when you step outside, it's morning! Oooh!

That's actually a good idea that I haven't thought of before. It would certainly add more variety.

1 hour ago, Supra. said:

Do elaborate how dates will be calculated when there are 2 days per day.