1.6.7 update - fuel consumption

zaXer.

5 hours ago, Topinambour said:

Then again, if someone can show me examples of fascinating and character-developing RP from someone tending a gas station, I'd be curious. ? It's the dullest possible experience, really. Gas is more of a gameplay money sink than of an actual RP hook. 

I'm actually in the process of setting up a car dealership in the countryside with a working gas station as extra incentive for people to visit, things like a free refill upon vehicle purchase, being able to provide work to those who aren't qualified as a salesperson, but still want to be part of the roleplay etc.

38 minutes ago, hentai! said:

I'd only increase fuel consumption for when you're going at high speeds (over 75MPH or something like that) because I think it could make people drive smoother and more immersive, but it probably will not work in the real (GTA)world. 

If that would be possible then it's a great suggestion!

Edited by BinaryRun
  • 6 months later...

In my opinion fuel usage could be increased even more drasticly. With the old system you could easily drive around the LS map for like 3-5 times before having an empty tank.

Performing a driveby with 10 %  ??? Oh no problem it, after an hour it'll only be on 9 %
It actually creates RP and gets the economy flowing (are Gas stations part of the closed economy though? Do either players own them or the gov?)

Also do muscle cars, SUVs, chopper bikes have an increased fuel usage compared to sedans, small 2door cars and normal bikes?

Edited by Triple-J
8 hours ago, Triple-J said:

In my opinion fuel usage could be increased even more drasticly. With the old system you could easily drive around the LS map for like 3-5 times before having an empty tank.

Performing a driveby with 10 %  ??? Oh no problem it, after an hour it'll only be on 9 %
It actually creates RP and gets the economy flowing (are Gas stations part of the closed economy though? Do either players own them or the gov?)

Also do muscle cars, SUVs, chopper bikes have an increased fuel usage compared to sedans, small 2door cars and normal bikes?

What about us trucking company owners. I show you my fuel expenses per week and you won’t be saying the same.