Addition of /afk command.

ShangTakashi

Short description: Adding a simple /afk command, with an afk reason or not.

Detailed description: People unintentionally AFK most of the time in public meaning in a roleplay environment or a crowded place, as it's a matter of urgency that they've to deal with in-real life, so not many players tend to quit their game while they're AFK. Most of these players will be away for a short amount of time, ranging from 5-10 minutes, however other players around them tend to interact with them whilst they're AFK. By adding this simple command, we can distinguish whether a player is AFK or not. A simple text should be added on the player's body or next to their name with brackets if they're AFK or not, could also add an AFK reason to this. This will only improve the roleplay around, not in many ways but it'll help to distinguish whether a player is AFK or not. 

Commands to add: /AFK [REASON (optional)]

Items to add: Text next to player's name that is as such; John Doe (AFK)

How would your suggestion improve the server? This would help all of the people around a player in a highly demanding environment overall, as we're able to tell if a person is away from their keyboard or not. As myself, I do go AFK a lot mid roleplay, but coming back to my chair could take some time, however the players around me yet think that I'm present. 

Additional information: N/A - willing to discuss this suggestion down below.

Just now, Maor Kirma said:

Just quit when you're going Away From Keyboard.

Not really useful.

If your game takes 5-10 minutes to boot up and you're afk for 5 it would be a waste of time quitting and joining, especially if you have to AFK often. After 1000 hours of playtime you will find yourself in that situation at least once, being AFK five minutes, back for ten and having to go AFK once or twice more, it's annoying to quit every time. 

Just now, FlowN said:

If your game takes 5-10 minutes to boot up and you're afk for 5 it would be a waste of time quitting and joining, especially if you have to AFK often. After 1000 hours of playtime you will find yourself in that situation at least once, being AFK five minutes, back for ten and having to go AFK once or twice more, it's annoying to quit every time. 

3 minutes ago, Maor Kirma said:

Not really useful.

/changechar?

37 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

/changechar?

It's a great alternative, but I myself find it confusing because I sometimes spawn at Mission Row while I used the command in Hawick. Admins are often busy with a hefty number of reports, and could take some time for them to teleport back.

Edited by Shang_Takashi
8 hours ago, Maor Kirma said:

Not really useful.

I beg to differ; if you're afk for like 20 minutes to grab something and or help your family with something, for example, it seems absurd to log out and quit GTA V and then log back in for 20 minutes. I think /afk would be a great addition to the server, especially for those who want to continue RP. 

Personal opinion: I think /afk would be great but at a minimum of like 30 minutes AFK time and make a timer kick you if you exceed the time. Something like that as a brief outline. Evidently Staff such as Lvl. 1 Admins can exceed the timeframe if they need to go AFK. I think it helps other people who want to rp with me or someone but can't because they're tabbed but in game it states they're just stood there being vacant, being AFK would honestly help so much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic