[Saints News] Behind a Murder: Akari's Account

borhoi

YhJydCu.png

Behind A Murder: Akari's Account

Haley Niamh Connor

Over the past few days, Saints News has been covering the reemergence of this story. The story about Ruriko Onohara's murder of Aurora Siciliano, his girlfriend at the time.  After Onohara's interview with Kalyani Jamil (also of Saints News) was published, he took to Facebrowser and put this status up, alleging that Akari - a local business owner and former friend of his - killed Siciliano instead:

fQuaQfe.png

Before getting into the transcript of the interview with Akari it's important to make a few things clear.

1 - Ruriko Onohara turned himself in for, and was convicted after confessing to, the murder of his girlfriend Aurora Siciliano.

2 - These allegations against Akari, at least in the public light, are new. Akari reached out to Saints News independently to get her side of this story out not having wanted to do so, but feeling it was needed.

3 - This is an excerpt from Saints News' interview with Akari. The full transcript is too long for print and all of what is not included pertains to unrelated matters. This interview was conducted over the course of a few hours and the subject matter took detours at points. These parts are not included because of their irrelevance to the subject, and in the interest of keeping this piece readable.

4 - Names other than Ruriko Onohara, Akari, and Aurora Siciliano have been redacted in the interest of privacy.

Below is the full excerpt from the interview, unedited. In the text, "A" refers to Akari while "H" refers to Haley Niamh Connor, who conducted this interview.

_______

H: Start wherever you'd like.

A: I guess I just first wanna say that I'm sorry. To uh- my friends, whoever else I've been lying to here or there. Most people just got some omitted stories but it's uh- changed a bit here or there. But here's the real deal.  I was sleeping with Ono. Before and... during... his relationship with Aurora. I've denied it sometimes. Sometimes I said it was only before, but.

:SHORT PAUSE:

A: But what I can say is that I had nothing to do with Aurora's murder. At least not intentionally. Ruriko was... he was in love. He was passing his time with her, but he was always... transfixed with me. "It's hard to resist you." "I can't keep my eyes off you." It was... I just didn't like him like that, Haley.

H: During this time together did you ever feel like Onohara was capable of something like this? Did he come off... oddly? As one will sometime describe having felt "off" when they knew a murderer. 

A: Honestly? He didn't seem capable of committing anything like this. To me, at least. He just seemed like a goofy DJ. He was... he was my best friend.

H: Okay, okay. So let's just get to it. What actually happened?

A: Right, uh. I don't know what happened, Haley. I hadn't seen him for a few days before... before the arrest, and then he was gone for a while after I first heard he got out. When I heard he got arrested, I had a broken rib at the time. I barely left my house. When I wasn't sleeping, which was... I don't know, three-fourths of the time? I was doped up on the oxy they prescribed me. And then I got the news, and... it was demotivating, you know? And I was, uh- dealing with issues of my own, as well. There- There was a girl, [REDACTED]. A good friend- Fuck, I /loved/ her. She had been... murdered recently, as well. It... broke me. And between that, and the rib, and Aurora... I made a mistake. I started taking those pills... way after my rib healed.

H: The pills, abusing them at least. That was post-Aurora, right?

A: Yes. I heard about the arrest n' it was kind of the... straw that broke the camel's back.

H: This physical evidence he's claiming. Claiming all these injuries you had indicative of a struggle of some kind.

A: The only one I've seen him claim was the uh- the scars on the nose.

:LONG PAUSE:

H: See, those don't look like bite marks at all.

A: Yeah, uh- can I tell a story, if you don't mind? About how I got these. Five years ago... four, sorry. I keep forgetting I'm not thirty yet.

H: That's what you're here for, of course.

A: So uh- I lived in San Fierro for a bit. Was going through some stuff, was hanging around my brother. There was another sushi place up there that I'd go around a lot. The staff were nice, for the most part. They knew me. I was a regular. It was uh... some of what inspired me to start Sakana, really. A hangout sort of place. But back on topic, uh- the owner's girlfriend wasn't very fond of me. Nothing adultery related, we just got into it a lot. One day it got a bit heated and it, uh- turned into a fight. Ended when she grabbed me by the hair and slammed my face against one of those decorative rock walls. Three times. Hard. My nose was... unrecognizable. They ended up having, to throw the whole damn nose away. I needed rhinoplasty just so it was set back into place and, uh- back to what it looked like before.

H: Do you have a picture of yourself before this mess happened? Before Aurora.

A: Oh, yeah, sure. Let me pull up my old Facebrowser pictures.

Akari pulled up a picture from long before the incident with Aurora. The scarring is most certainly there before the incident.

A: So about a week after he's released, Ruriko gets in touch with me. Maybe more than that? I don't know. Shit's fuzzy, I was high.

H: Right.

A: He came over to my apartment. I had uh- my pills, they were on the table. Obviously not legal at that point. They were in a sandwich baggie. He uh- He gets mad. Starts screaming at me. Ends up throwing them down my trash compactor, but that's in the past.  They were- bad for me anyway, but making someone go cold turkey on opioids isn't- Great. It wasn't a fun time. I just ended up buying more. But uh- then he started yelling all this stuff. It all loops back around, you know? How he was in love with me, how he was mad because he couldn't have /me./ How it was... all my fault.

:PAUSE:

A: And he went around, doing that. Telling people it was my fault. [REDACTED], [REDACTED]... They assumed the worst. And they turned against me. Because, uh... when you just tell people "Akari killed her," in like- a figurative manner, people don't... catch that it's figurative.

H: Wait, so he killed Aurora because he wanted to be with you?

A: From... what he's told me, yes. That was his motive.

H: So he said these things, saying they were figurative at the time and now he's gone back on that and tried to make it literal.

A: Yeah, that's what I'm getting forward to, uh- He started realizing people were taking it that way. And began rolling with it. He just- anything to make me hurt. He just- wants me to suffer, because I don't... I never was into him like he was into me. And it's become a whole...

:Long pause:

A: I'm- I'm good. Sorry. It's- Galaxy last night, it wasn't- great, for me. It- he pointed me out in the crowd and told everyone I killed her... Made up this story.. It took me weeks to get that shit out of [REDACTED]'s head and he just- put it straight back in. I was so scared the same was going to happen to [REDCATED]. [REDACTED] - she won't speak to me anymore. She thinks I'm a monster. She sent me a string of... what looked like drunk, angry texts, and... hasn't contacted me since.

H: Why do you think she's compelled to believe him?

A: I don't know. I think it's just... we were close, all of us. Me, him, and [REDACTED]. She was- She's like a daughter to me. And... I don't know how they see it. But I was... She cares about him more, I guess. Even after all this. And still acts like she's scared of him. I don't understand.

H: So a rough timeline of events would be that you had an injury, the murder happens, a bit of time passes. Onohara finds out you're abusing medication and becomes angry. He blames you for the murder because he couldn't be with you. Then he begins to tell others it was your fault. When people take that literally, he rolls with it. Now he's putting that out publicly. Do you believe he is he just trying to take you down with him at this point?

A: Yeah, I- The only person he has on his side that /knows/ me, is [REDACTED]. And she's... She needs work. I miss her so fucking much, I just wish she'd listen to what I've been trying to tell her. I'm so scared for that girl. He's trying to take me down, as far as I can understand it.

H: And why are you scared for her specifically? Do you think she's been coerced? Do you think she's scared?

A: She... She might be, yes. She's told me before she's... scared of him. Terrified, even. He's upset that nothing worked out for him, so he's bringing me down, too. Like I said - [REDACTED] is like a daughter to me. I care about her just as much as I care about my own, and to see her like this is... it fucks me up. She's being played right into his hand, and it... makes me sick to watch.

:PAUSE:

A: Can I get one more thing added to the piece?

H: Sure.

A: If I die, look into Ono.

_______

Related Stories:

Behind a Murder

How and Why was DJ ONO Given a "Second Chance?"

Murder in 'Executive'

Saints News

saints-acc.png

Edited by borhoi
  • Upvote 4

Author: AnonButDisgusted

Comment: It's obvious that Akari and that washout of a DJ Ono both conspired to kill the girl and I've been trying to get people to open their eyes but Saint News only talk with people when they go to them to spill out bullshit to the masses. Where's investigative journalism?  If I could I'd go to the police in a heartbeat. But why bother? No real punishments ever come so I'll let the criminal underbelly of the city deal with itself. We need a dead-pool on these two. murderous bastards. 

News flash, if you didn't get it by now - Ono and Akari are both murderers who committed the crime. Ono is just the stupid one. Akari's the manipulative one. Don't be so stupid and believe anything a girl says just because she fluffs her eyes, drops a tear or two and speaks like a broken doll. Everyone's a liar, it's a life lesson, and she's just a damn good one. Or so she'd like to think at least. 

If you're reading this and you have any ties with her you'd cut both of them out of your life and let either police or any of the gangs deal with them. Heard a few of them are looking for Akari. Have fun.

Edited by Matt-A-Gamer
  • mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic