Change - /outfit - Procedure

zUgg zUgg

Short description: Implement a cool down period when a player is changing clothes to prevent the rapid changing of outfits. 

Detailed description:  As the system currently sits players can freely change clothes on the fly simply by entering a property or going to the rear of an unlocked vehicle. When a player changes an outfit and confirms it the character should be immobilize for a set amount of time (10 seconds) to simulate the player taking off his/her clothes and changing them. This will reduce the amount of people rapidly changing outfits in an unrealistic manor.  

Commands to add: none

Items to add: none

How would your suggestion improve the server? This is one method to reduce the quick changing of outfits as many players do not properly RP this interaction. 

Additional information: I believe this should also apply to the police/swat with a longer cool down as they switch to tactical/swat gear. I've personally seen an officer disappear around a corner of a neighborhood to only re-appear with a completely different outfit or lack of uniform in mire minutes.

Edited by zUgg zUgg
adjusting the termininology
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Jura said:

This isn't really needed, I cycle through outfits quickly because I just forget which slot has what saved.

If people are abusing it, just report them ingame and an admin will go talk to them?

Same, I tend to forget what outfit is on which slot, so I cycle through them to find what I want, limiting this to every 2 minutes.. that's an issue.

6 hours ago, Camacho said:

I believe he's talking about when the menu closes. So you can do /outfit cycle through your clothes, but as soon as you close that menu you'll be given that immobilizing feature. 

Correct; the fact you should be able to view them is perfectly fine, i have 15 outfits myself! Once your selection is made you confirm it and have to wait.... think of it like buying gas where your car is immobilized for a brief period of time.

As to the suggestion of reporting players I recommended this as a features simply because it takes the need to report and tie up an admin out. In my book its a win win, less reports to the staff and it reduces unrealistic outfit spamming. 

I've adjusted the original post to be a bit more clear as well! 

Edited by zUgg zUgg