Dramastic change to the mechanic workshop

adirthefirst

Short description: Basically just adding new wheels to the server or removing the stickers from the current wheels.

Detailed description: N/A

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: I'm not sure how it will improve the server but I've heard of enough mad players that are a bit sad that all the special wheels and rims have stickers on them.. It's quite annoying that all the wheels have stickers on them + it doesn't fit for some vehicles.

Additional information:   Read the comments down below, new suggestions are there ? 

Edited by AdirK1
I thought it would be nice if everybody who sees this will add a thing they want to change
  • Upvote 1

+1

I'll add, the entire workshop menu could be reworked by creating a CEF menu, fixing the annoying back button and creating some tabs at the top part of the menu, letting you to select the bumpers, wheels, colors, etc.

With bumpers and engine we could use a slider like now.

With the color options we could use the dealership's color picker, and add the metallic colors (now we only havr Brilliants).

With neons we could use a slider, the same slider we have in the surgeon.

For wheels we could have two sliders, one for the type and another to select the wheel.

And of course, adding Trims, Dial Design, trim ornaments, steering wheels, horns, wheels colors, etc.

Edited by Jennie

I wholeheartedly support this. As far as I recall, performance tires and custom rims were two different things. Not sure why they aren't now but I agree it's certainly annoying to see any kind of custom wheel and see that they look as if they're race performance ones given the tire stickers. Whilst some models could be that way, having all models be that way is just disheartening to the point where I don't even bother with anything but stock wheels because they look very out of place on most cars anyway.

When it comes to reworking the menu, agreed to whatever's best. A back button is definitely needed. A work around to a back button is to simply select "confirm purchase" on the item that has the "installed" remark. It'll tell you "You cannot do this." and take you back to the modding menu without having to submit countless orders for mechanics.

7 hours ago, zaXer. said:

The problem is with RageMP as far as I know. The only workaround I see is exporting the models and adding them in as mods, same way with custom cars.  That's something @Oggy and @Spartan can help with, I suppose. That way we can also add the offroad wheels and stuff too.

I'd imagine they're nothing more than decals that go over the tire texture. It would just be the case of making that texture blank, but I can't be for certain. It's something we'd have to look into if this suggestion gets approved.

11 hours ago, Jennie said:

+1

I'll add, the entire workshop menu could be reworked by creating a CEF menu, fixing the annoying back button and creating some tabs at the top part of the menu, letting you to select the bumpers, wheels, colors, etc.

With bumpers and engine we could use a slider like now.

With the color options we could use the dealership's color picker, and add the metallic colors (now we only havr Brilliants).

With neons we could use a slider, the same slider we have in the surgeon.

For wheels we could have two sliders, one for the type and another to select the wheel.

And of course, adding Trims, Dial Design, trim ornaments, steering wheels, horns, wheels colors, etc.

I think you're right ? I changed the title.

• mj2002 locked this topic