[LSPD] [29/AUG/2019] Chief Resigns, New Chief Inducted

Cascade

ImageImage
Left: Recently retired Chief of Police Stanley Morrison. 
Right: The new Chief of Police, Charles Hughes, shown during his tenure as a Captain.

Chief Resigns, New Chief Inducted - August 29th, 2019

On the evening of the 27th Chief of Police Stanley Morrison officially announced that he would be resigning from his position leading the Los Santos Police Department, effective immediately. Chief Morrison has spent the last two years leading the department and is known to have helped the Los Santos Police Department improve and grow during his tenure as its leader. Chief Morrison stated that he now wishes to enjoy the retired life and spend more time around his family. The department wishes him the best of luck in retirement.

In the early afternoon of the 28th it was announced that Deputy Chief of Police Charles Hughes would take Morrison's position as the Chief of Police, a decision that was made official later during the same afternoon. The Los Santos Police Department welcomes Chief Hughes as its new leader and hopes that the department will continue to improve under his guidance.

Chief Hughes was asked by the Media Community and Public Affairs divisions what his most important goals were as the new Chief of Police. He stated the following:

"First and foremost, it is a great honor to have been selected as the new Chief of Police. With my appointment, I wish to continue forward on the path set by Chief Morrison by working with my people in Media Relations and Community Affairs to enable them to improve our connection to the public. I met with Mayor Rockford tonight, and during our meeting we agreed that it is of the utmost importance that the department, now more then ever, focuses on creating a strong connection with the public and continues to improve in the realm of community policing. This will include but is not limited to granting more support and a greater budget to the Media Relations and Public Affairs Division, while also implementing the six pillars of modern policing into our standard procedures."

The Los Santos Police Department once again wishes Chief Morrison the best of luck while welcoming Chief Hughes.

Police Officer II Megan Rutledge
MRCAD Officer
Media Relations and Community Affairs Division

• mj2002 locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic