Pickup trucks for trucking

VULn3R

Short description: Add Pickup Trucks such as Sadler, Bison, Picador and Yosemite.

Detailed description: Pickup trucks are widely used for trucking in America. Most independent truckers prefer pickup trucks over vans, as they are usually bigger in size, cheaper, more powerful and easy to load and unload. This makes them a lot more common than vans. GTA V offers a wide variety of pickups from next heavy duty ones such as Sadler and Bison to older models based Picador and Yosemite.

Still, it's disappointing to see not a single pickup truck usable in the current trucking system. It'd be great if you add some.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: Preferably, Yosemite, Bison, Sadler XL, Picador but other ones would also work.

How would your suggestion improve the server? More RP opportunities, more carrying capacity, more realistic as compared to vans, among many other reasons.

Additional information: In the US, about 270 pickup trucks are sold every hour, 6,500 per day.

Edited by VULn3R
16 hours ago, Rml said:

Oh yeah, buy kamacho and fly with your crates 120 mph through city, no thanks. Vans do it just fine and you can already upgrade after 25 deliveries.

Did I mention Kamacho? I'm talking about Sadler and Bison mainly, these trucks aren't that fast and are way more realistic than a burrito for trucking.

Edited by VULn3R
2 hours ago, VULn3R said:

Did I mention Kamacho? I'm talking about Sadler XL and Bison mainly, these trucks aren't that fast and are way more realistic than a burrito for trucking.

No they are not. 

9 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

No they are not. 

I don't know, maybe they are not, but from what I have searched, Sadler is based on Ford F250, a heavy duty pickup truck with main purpose as trucking and so is Bison, as you can see it's Mighty Bush having wood planks loaded to it's extended roof rack and McGill-Olsan variants portrayed as cargo utility trucks.

As items such as woods, concrete, construction items etc are more preferably carried on pickup trucks by truckers.

I don't see a why not to this, especially when burrito is holding a place there, at least one truck should be added.

I was planning to RP a moderate trucker with a small truck which would serve as his both everyday use and work, just like a large number of Americans but I think that type of roleplay is maybe impossible right now.

Edited by VULn3R

Yeah agree. I'd say allow pretty much any (pickup) truck that looks solid enough to carry at least 5 heavy crates without it's base collapsing. That, or allow any additional vehicle at this point to be used for trucking but by trucking companies only, no self employed trucking. This way trucking companies will hve a little more variation to offer

Edited by Raindance
28 minutes ago, Raindance said:

Yeah agree. I'd say allow pretty much any (pickup) truck that looks solid enough to carry at least 5 heavy crates without it's base collapsing. That, or allow any additional vehicle at this point to be used for trucking but by trucking companies only, no self employed trucking. This way trucking companies will hve a little more variation to offer

As of right now we have more important matter to handle other than what vehicles we can deliver in. 

• mj2002 locked this topic