Trucking company income.

Raisin

1 hour ago, Rml said:

With 1.7 coming and vehicles will require maintenance we need a solution. 

In the future where only trucking companies can use the script , we adjust the company tax per crate profit accordingly.

1 hour ago, Rml said:

With 1.7 coming and vehicles will require maintenance we need a solution. 

Had the same feeling, but after sharing thought with people on the discord group, I believe we will have additional income by the time out vehicles reach their maintenance state. And even if we won't we'll be able to make enough money, provided that all the vehicles will start from 0 miles.

@Tr1bal

I do understand your way of thinking, and I do understand where are you trying to get. I do agree on your point of forcing the script on only on companies, but the other idea of yours I do not think will happen. People will get bored of trucking after all, even though it pays what it pays and will search numerous ways to get more cash themselves, such as opening a small coffee shop, and even get more roleplay out of it than endless hours of driving on the empty streets of Los Santos. 

On 8/27/2019 at 10:47 AM, Trukken said:

Had the same feeling, but after sharing thought with people on the discord group, I believe we will have additional income by the time out vehicles reach their maintenance state. And even if we won't we'll be able to make enough money, provided that all the vehicles will start from 0 miles.

This is possible, indeed. Issue is the income right now is just too low to make that happen. Don't forget we are also paying the gas, and insurance taxes, adding the service on top would drop the ball for now unless, the trucking companies would get a small bonus. Either take more out of the attractive 10% profit of the truckers themselves, or the whole company gets an extra 100$-500$ bonus for a finished run of full crates.

My idea of how we can fix this is adding a system, as previously mentioned in my upper comment, to add a small bonus to the trucking companies for a finished deliveries, and I have a small list as well.

Burrito, Rumpo = 100$
Boxville = 200$
Mule = 300$
Benson = 400$
Pounder = 500$
Trucks = 750$

As you can notice the list just grows as the number of the boxes increase as well as the difficulty to deliver increases. Starting with the vans and down to the trucks, the trucks being so big and all, I believe they deserve the biggest fish out of all the other vans of course.

Edited by ImRenix
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ImRenix said:

@Tr1bal

I do understand your way of thinking, and I do understand where are you trying to get. I do agree on your point of forcing the script on only on companies, but the other idea of yours I do not think will happen. People will get bored of trucking after all, even though it pays what it pays and will search numerous ways to get more cash themselves, such as opening a small coffee shop, and even get more roleplay out of it than endless hours of driving on the empty streets of Los Santos. 

This is possible, indeed. Issue is the income right now is just too low to make that happen. Don't forget we are also paying the gas, and insurance taxes, adding the service on top would drop the ball for now unless, the trucking companies would get a small bonus. Either take more out of the attractive 10% profit of the truckers themselves, or the whole company gets an extra 100$-500$ bonus for a finished run of full crates.

My idea of how we can fix this is adding a system, as previously mentioned in my upper comment, to add a small bonus to the trucking companies for a finished deliveries, and I have a small list as well.

Burrito, Rumpo = 100$
Boxville = 200$
Mule = 300$
Benson = 400$
Pounder = 500$
Trucks = 750$

As you can notice the list just grows as the number of the boxes increase as well as the difficulty to deliver increases. Starting with the vans and down to the trucks, the trucks being so big and all, I believe they deserve the biggest fish out of all the other vans of course.

Even if you would give some money for a delivery (the ones you named are just way too high) how would you justify it? I love the idea of being able to hire office workers and a legal team and that "passive" income you had just mentioned would make that possible, but again, that would be system generated money that the devs are so keen on getting rid of. 

57 minutes ago, Trukken said:

Even if you would give some money for a delivery (the ones you named are just way too high) how would you justify it? I love the idea of being able to hire office workers and a legal team and that "passive" income you had just mentioned would make that possible, but again, that would be system generated money that the devs are so keen on getting rid of. 

It doesn't have to be generated money. As long as it's a full delivery, which means 5 boxes for a Rumpo/Burrito, 8 boxes for a Boxville, and so on, the company that purchases the items would have to pay a small 'tax', so to speak directly towards the company the trucker is from. And it doesn't have to be the values I say, they can always be changed and hence why I decided to put it in this thread so we can talk about it and discuss them. I do believe that a 50$ bonus for a Mechanic garage is not a biggie considering they get like 5,000$ on a brake job done in 5-10 minutes, also for firearms dealers (legal ones) which means 8,000$ per a pistol sold, not counting down the bullets and even shotguns. 

And honestly, if you ask me, these prices I added are quite fair for the amount of work we do, and the cash we risk ourselves. If it was to compare this and running a mechanical garage, then you'd see that a mechanical garage gets shit ton of cash just out of overpriced modifications. Let's not forget this 'service' thing which is going to fill pockets of garage owners. Just think a 400k car doing a revision, or as said a full service. I don't think the small bonus is an issue. We also risk cash by the server crashing nowadays. Now it isn't as coherent as it was in the past but it can still happen.

7 hours ago, ImRenix said:

And honestly, if you ask me, these prices I added are quite fair for the amount of work we do, and the cash we risk ourselves. If it was to compare this and running a mechanical garage, then you'd see that a mechanical garage gets shit ton of cash just out of overpriced modifications. Let's not forget this 'service' thing which is going to fill pockets of garage owners. Just think a 400k car doing a revision, or as said a full service. I don't think the small bonus is an issue. We also risk cash by the server crashing nowadays. Now it isn't as coherent as it was in the past but it can still happen.

Alright, now that you had put this into another perspective it all makes sense. 

Though, i dont want to dig into other people's pockets, i wouldnt mind getting a bit more, maybe if we could catch the attantion of the dev team this topic could be looked into more indepth. In the end they have the data base on which they can make charts on how much an average business is making and balance the incomes based on that. 

Not sure how business restocking works, but what if business owner would be required to submit a restocking request in game, how many crates he needs and then the trucking companies would bid the price per crate and the business owner chooses which company he whishes to deliver his goods and he should stick with that company for atleast 1 week or month until being able to switch it or continue with same company. Of course during this period the company shouldn't be allowed to change the price of crates.

55 minutes ago, andreiwow2 said:

Not sure how business restocking works, but what if business owner would be required to submit a restocking request in game, how many crates he needs and then the trucking companies would bid the price per crate and the business owner chooses which company he whishes to deliver his goods and he should stick with that company for atleast 1 week or month until being able to switch it or continue with same company. Of course during this period the company shouldn't be allowed to change the price of crates.

Still wouldnt solve the core issue of not having enough orders, when there are 250 players online you can barely get a few crates delivered. 

In my experience as a low level trucker-Currently 40ish shipments-the actual payoff of the trucking job is nowhere near enough incentive to actually stick with it. I'm sure with top level trucking it becomes something that is worth doing; if you can deliver 20 crates at a time even if you work for a company that takes 10% you make 1800$ a run. However at my level of trucking and with my company I am only able to deliver 5 crates a run, adding up to 450 a run. While the incentive of high payoff has somewhat kept me trucking its incredibly disheartening to know that unless I grind all day that it'll take months to get a level that I can even use a Mule, and possibly make 1080 a run.

Keeping in mind the amount of RP that a trucking job requires at risk of ban it simply isn't worth it unless you do something generally looked down upon, and just grind out shipments all day every day until you reach the highest level. You can make more money in a shorter amount of time sitting at the fishing hole and grinding for 2 hours than I could make working for 5 at van level. Being a garbage man has a better payoff than low level trucking. 

To try and get into the math of it a little bit a typical run for me will take me about 15 minutes if I'm lucky. With 450$ per run we can say that this is about 1800$ in an hour. In 20 minutes or less I can make usually around 900$ at the fishing hole adding up to about 2700$ an hour. I currently make considerably more money doing a job that requires no RP than one that requires it at a threat of being banned. It simply isn't worth it to be a low level trucker. 

To even just do the math for how much personally I've made off of trucking, it is less than 3600$ because my time trucking hasn't all been in a company. I recall making 10,000$ after a few hours fishing. 

If the goal of the server is to encourage RP then I do not see how the way the trucking job is being handled is currently accomplishing that. You are financially more incentivized to go to a no-rp job than one that people have been kicked and banned for not rping in. In my eyes it seems dysfunctional. The chances of me sticking with trucking are slim because I simply don't have the time, energy, nor want to continue to make next to no money for the sake of RP that doesn't get me anywhere on the server. I would much rather focus on RP that I feel is why I applied for the server and what keeps it alive rather than trucking which in all honesty has very little to do with the RP quality of the server and does little to keep the server alive other than the necessity of supplying businesses. 

Edited by Ted
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic