The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

Just now, Jedai said:

You have no idea who I am, you literally do not know if I'm powerless or not but go off. Regardless. Go report them then. Don't believe roleplay quality has a statue of limitations. You're just seeking instant gratification that you're not going to get. If you and "many people" have an issue with it, go through the process and report it. Not hard bro, not hard at all. 

See my problem here is that the mindset displayed by several LSPD members in this screenshot is also most likely shared by the faction leadership since apparently the faction leader was involved in that conversation. I really have no interest in pursuing administrative actions against anybody because it's not my goal to get anybody punished in the first place. I'm simply pointing out a major issue so that people can understand their wrongs and improve themselves. If you cannot comprehend it then I'm sorry.

I'd highly recommend you to not comment on anything without knowing the full context of a situation. Campos was in no way talking to the two teenagers in all red, who walked up to the officers on scene telling them to ''leave their hood, on blood'', in which they responded as you can see. Campos was actually ignoring them and continued with her briefing. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I really have no interest in pursuing administrative actions against anybody because it's not my goal to get anybody punished in the first place. 

unknown.png

But punishment was your goal all along. No need to flip-flop now. Drama Alert's found its new host.

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

See my problem here is that the mindset displayed by several LSPD members in this screenshot is also most likely shared by the faction leadership since apparently the faction leader was involved in that conversation. I really have no interest in pursuing administrative actions against anybody because it's not my goal to get anybody punished in the first place. I'm simply pointing out a major issue so that people can understand their wrongs and improve themselves. If you cannot comprehend it then I'm sorry.

bro maybe im just too stupid for your massive IQ but can you spell it out for me? what was wrong in that picture? again, im sorry im not in MENSA, please dumb it down for me.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Sush said:

unknown.png

But punishment was your goal all along. No need to flip-flop now. Drama Alert's found its new host.

And who are you again? You're self inserting yourself into this discussion despite nobody asking you for it. If you cannot understand OOC actions as a request to improve their roleplay then I won't be sitting here and arguing with you.

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

87af356ded2c6a04a76713d25f091777.png
If you really cannot see what's wrong with asking whether Mirror Park is "the hood" and replying with "This ain't the hood." then following it with "What hood. This is Mirror Park" and then saying you'd chase people out of there until they go to the university then I really cannot help you. Perhaps read it again a couple more times, take your time and hopefully you'll understand what's wrong.

Well, this happens to be part of the geographical area of gangs talk because Mirror Park, for the longest time (this dates to 2017-2018), has been portrayed more closely to Silver Lake rather than Echo Park. The difference is it's been considered hipster-central and pretty safe. I understand your forum join date is March 14, 2021, so I don't expect you to know that, but that's what's happening & that's what people role-play knowing. Besides, if the cops don't know that Mirror Park actually is the hood, then it's in the gang's favor. I'd let the cops be fools. It's an IC construct.

image.png.3c9dcf989777077c01f169544bd5d390.png

My character was continuing a lengthy conversation that started before that screenshot. What she was saying is if people continue to snitch on one another in at their police station / in their three foot world workplace environment, they'll be chased outta their "area" (the Mission Row Community Police Station is part of the South Central Area), an 'Area' for the faction that strives to portray the Los Angeles Police Department is an organizational tier; and they'll be chased til they "go work the campus or something." aka be a school resource officer because that's a pretty shitty job when compared to being a patrol officer, at least from her purview.

I'm engaging with you sincerely. I hope what I write makes sense to you. The only thing this faction & the broader law enforcement role-players community has been asking for the longest time is for you to do the same and hold back the sass. I doubt it's that hard bro.

• Upvote 1
Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

No, you fail to understand that people saying these things in character has more to do with IN CHARACTER REASONS than out of character ones. You also don't have the full context of the roleplay occurring either. For example, Campos wasn't even referring to any of the teenagers when they were talking. The Officers that made comments that they shouldn't have, were told off about it on an in-character basis because their opinions are just that IC. 

If OOC action for this needed to be taken, then OOC action would of been taken. If you feel it needs to be taken into account since you want RPQM/LFM and PD Leadership to look at this roleplay, then you know where the report function is. Use the process. 

1 minute ago, liq said:

Well, this happens to be part of the geographical area of gangs talk because Mirror Park, for the longest time (this dates to 2017-2018), has been portrayed more closely to Silver Lake rather than Echo Park. The difference is it's been considered hipster-central and pretty safe. I understand your forum join date is March 14, 2021, so I don't expect you to know that, but that's what's happening & that's what people role-play knowing. Besides, if the cops don't know that Mirror Park actually is the hood, then it's in the gang's favor. I'd let the cops be fools. It's an IC construct.

image.png.3c9dcf989777077c01f169544bd5d390.png

My character was continuing a lengthy conversation that started before that screenshot. What she was saying is if people continue to snitch on one another in at their police station / in their three foot world workplace environment, they'll be chased outta their "area" (the Mission Row Community Police Station is part of the South Central Area), an 'Area' for the faction that strives to portray the Los Angeles Police Department is an organizational tier; and they'll be chased til they "go work the campus or something." aka be a school resource officer because that's a pretty shitty job when compared to being a patrol officer, at least from her purview.

I'm engaging with you sincerely. I hope what I write makes sense to you. The only thing this faction & the broader law enforcement role-players community has been asking for the longest time is for you to do the same and hold back the sass. I doubt it's that hard bro.

Fair. That's all it took. If it was made clear that this particular line is out of context then you should've started off the entire discussion with it and literally finished it at the same time. No need for 30 pd members trying to be edgy for show.

4 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

87af356ded2c6a04a76713d25f091777.png
If you really cannot see what's wrong with asking whether Mirror Park is "the hood" and replying with "This ain't the hood." then following it with "What hood. This is Mirror Park" and then saying you'd chase people out of there until they go to the university then I really cannot help you. Perhaps read it again a couple more times, take your time and hopefully you'll understand what's wrong.

Honestly, this was a situation where about two gangbangers approached fifteen cops. I know characters who would still mock them in the same situation but in Davis or some other very known gang area with those numbers. Some cops dislike the gangbangers as much as the gangbangers dislike cops, when you eliminate the active dashcam recording and the risk of escalating this into a stand-off with high numbers of gangbangers, you'll probably get a reaction out of the cops. This seems more like an issue to you because the cops didn't just remain silent as you would expect because they felt safer without the presence of anything recording them or with the unimpressive amount of gangbangers approaching them. At the end of the day, you would've also complained if the LSPD lacked these aspects and just silently enforced law like robots.

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic