The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

9 hours ago, Cascade said:

I'm assuming this statement has come from knowledge and research into the matter right? I know fine well that there is a very dedicated Detective Bureau in PD that work extremely hard in investigating. I was a detective myself though part time because of the other commitments I had back then but the solid work those guys put in. If you are unaware about it then clearly they are doing a decent job. 

I've had long conversations with @Big_Smokesbefore he retired from activity about the subject among a host of other topics involving PD. On this topic our conversation revolved around investigations and how PD would implement the use of the surveillance update into them. During this convo he expressed that there wasn't much interest in pursuing long form investigations against large criminal factions and that the surveillance update (Or at least the body mic addition) would more so be used to better implement buy busts and allow undercovers to conduct buys with backup safely listening in around the corner. 

They are no doubt doing solid work in what they are currently doing. I wasn't implying that injunctions were just happening without investigations, I'm not stupid I know how it works. My reference to injunctions was merely to clear up what I think is miscommunication across the last few pages and I applaud the fact that while the first few attempts at implementing them on the server PD seemed to be a little to aggressive, I'm glad to see they are achieving a good balance with the current one. 

9 hours ago, Patriots said:

To my knowledge, people - working as Detectives, are actually building/making cases against major illegal factions and trying to bring lots of evidence that could/will cripple the faction completely - shutting it down and stuff. We have to consider the fact that we can't shut down every single major illegal faction and we also have those type of people who commit something bad and then never or rarely log on their characters from that time (until it has winded down). We should also take into consideration the fact that we have people that will try to revive their faction never mind the fact that it got shut down by the police completely. 

And that's good to know. I'm glad to hear that's happening. I was simply speaking from what knowledge I had and given the reluctance shown IC and OOC to members of the DA's office and SABI when they've tried to bring in PD to cooperate on these operations. I was under the impression that there was some kind of reluctances to do so.

10 hours ago, Patriots said:

In terms of the manual, I can't vouch for it. Not part of PD High Command, but I am a member of the PD. Though, there are several topics in our "Discussions" area that contains information about the role and what you can do with it, how you can break the immersion for others and etc.  (basically, "how to not be a robocop 101")

That's good to hear but I think it's something that's way to important to be treated kinda like an afterthought. It should be apart of the information tested in the exam if we're being totally honest. There are scenario questions that are literally impossible on the server given that we're in a video game. I don't see why some of those scenario questions can't be based around the subject to test applicants frame of mind. 

• 2 weeks later...

You guys plan on adding Police Explorer Program at some point? For youth characters , basic law enforcement stuff and etc.. getting kids off corners and all that, giving people the eye-opener that they could develop into something far better. It ain't difficult to set up and would be a great addition, and neat development for those gang-involved kids and officers them-self, history and all that.

Don't think it's been said enough.

Massive respect to everyone at the LSPD who attended yesterdays event. Extremely well organized, great roleplay, perfect amounts of de-escalation and nothing but positivity on their behalf.

I hope the new Chief is handing out some nice awards for all involved!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, lux said:

Don't think it's been said enough.

Massive respect to everyone at the LSPD who attended yesterdays event. Extremely well organized, great roleplay, perfect amounts of de-escalation and nothing but positivity on their behalf.

I hope the new Chief is handing out some nice awards for all involved!

This! 

For an event that could've been CATASTROPHIC, I do have to commend the efforts of PD. 

As someone who IC has been vocally against G6 throughout all of it, I have to be thankful to all parts involved because it has generated a lot of meaningful development (positive AND negative for all parties involved, even my own).

Keep it up!

16 hours ago, Emmanuel_Lorras said:

You guys plan on adding Police Explorer Program at some point? For youth characters , basic law enforcement stuff and etc.. getting kids off corners and all that, giving people the eye-opener that they could develop into something far better. It ain't difficult to set up and would be a great addition, and neat development for those gang-involved kids and officers them-self, history and all that.

Without saying too much, there is indeed a project that goes along those lines. However it won't be focused on "gang-involved" kids. Also, it is indeed hard to implement. I don't have any date or such, but this is something that might see the day. But not how you may have described it. 

7 hours ago, Prod said:

Without saying too much, there is indeed a project that goes along those lines. However it won't be focused on "gang-involved" kids. Also, it is indeed hard to implement. I don't have any date or such, but this is something that might see the day. But not how you may have described it. 

Yeah, I understand..can be complex to implement and devote time and efforts, specially when some people wont even value the attempt ;( but I hope you'll find a way, maybe some sort of forum appeal - it'd at least show you the amount of people who are actually interested into it, instead of trying to offer it with passion to teenagers who been caught up in bad life. Eitherway, rooting for you guys to figure something out. 

Had two completely different scenarios with similar tales of enjoyment to be told yesterday and the day before.

I work for Premium Security on my main and stood with the LSPD and LSSD when they were handling the riots. Saw how 'human' most LEO RP'ers actually are and the amount of effort they are putting into their characters. Actually discussing situations and scenarios with other players, seeing their point of view, mitigating and managing / de-escalating situations in a realistic and non-agressive manner.. Kudos!

On my alt, I got pulled over for driving without a license. Roleplayed this as an LC license, got a stern talking-to and "don't drive again 'til you get your license in order!" ; This kind of interaction is so, so valuable, for the development of relationships with the community.

Shoutout to the many roleplayers out there that are correctly roleplaying a human being who's in law enforcement. Ya'all the MVPs.

Edited by Paranoid Cobra
  • Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic