The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

I'd also like to say that to all those people on here mentioning the FOI act, go and read through the current state of PD in the threads relating to it's change of leadership. It should shed light onto why your requests are not being answered. PD players are just that, players. They owe you nothing and recently their own rp has been in turmoil due to a continuously changing environment.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Henning said:

I think people are mixing things up here. 

A lot of people want LEO's to go after factions through investigations and shut them down. This meaning PD or a higher power launching an in depth investigation into a faction, collecting enough evidence not just to arrest a few higher ups, but to completely cripple the organization into closure through convictions. This, as I think some people are talking about has never happened on this server.

What has happened is some factions have closed as a result of receiving an injunction. Not because the injunction was effective. But because the injunction was so effective that it basically destroyed any motivation the faction had for playing. This isn't a good thing. Gang injunctions should still be enjoyable to play under and from what I've heard from some people on the receiving end injunctions there has in the past been some "turf camping" by PD. But I don't think that's always so much a malicious act and more to do with how condensed the map is. Regardless I think it's important for PD high command to keep in mind.

A more personal suggestion of mine for the new PD high command? Having gone through the training process for the faction, I was shocked to find that the training material, for all it's wealth of knowledge doesn't have a single portion that teaches "Hey, your role can really be abused and ruin experiences for others. Here's how not to do that." Definitely something that needs to be fleshed out and taught. 

To my knowledge, people - working as Detectives, are actually building/making cases against major illegal factions and trying to bring lots of evidence that could/will cripple the faction completely - shutting it down and stuff. We have to consider the fact that we can't shut down every single major illegal faction and we also have those type of people who commit something bad and then never or rarely log on their characters from that time (until it has winded down). We should also take into consideration the fact that we have people that will try to revive their faction never mind the fact that it got shut down by the police completely. 

Gang injunction has never been a good thing, has it? Even in real life. Are we trying to achieve as much realism as possible or we're still taking in mind that this is an actual game.. a game that people log on after their in real-life responsibilities - such as, work, family and etc. Because when roozles got terminated, everyone was so frustrated that he was removed - even though he was trying to achieve realism as much as possible. Now, when the realism is here - everyone suddenly does not like it.  We have to truly accept the fact that we won't be able to PLEASE every aspect of the community. I do understand the frustration by the illegal part of GTA WORLD's community, but not everything can go your way or ours..  I hope that this makes some kind of sense. 

In terms of the manual, I can't vouch for it. Not part of PD High Command, but I am a member of the PD. Though, there are several topics in our "Discussions" area that contains information about the role and what you can do with it, how you can break the immersion for others and etc.  (basically, "how to not be a robocop 101")

P.S I'm not a Detective by all means. 

Edited by Patriots
56 minutes ago, Syrike said:

I'd also like to say that to all those people on here mentioning the FOI act, go and read through the current state of PD in the threads relating to it's change of leadership. It should shed light onto why your requests are not being answered. PD players are just that, players. They owe you nothing and recently their own rp has been in turmoil due to a continuously changing environment.

I absolutely 100% percent agree with you on that one, I was more trying to prove a point that people rather complain then actually do something about it, which makes them hypocritically guilty of the same thing as the LSPD -- as soon as there is mention of someone having to do work, as I suggested "just request it to the LSPD" people get defensive and start saying "but why do I have to do that?"

And the picture is wider here, it's not just the LSPD that's guilty of not releasing budgets, it's the LSFD, DMEC, GOV, PHMC, matter-of-fact every single government faction apart from the LSSD.

My ultimate point I was trying to get across is that; All people want to do is complain, but as soon as a resolution is suggested where they have to do something to get to their wishes, they'll just shut it down in an instant.

I speak with a lot of members regarding corruption and I've asked multiple times in this thread and others regarding it's use but what would be the possibility of large-scale corruption within the LSPD? Think CRASH as an example. 

I see the argument of LSPD being heavily inspired by the LAPD (obviously, considering the setting) so therefor it's realistic but it's only ever used as an argument when painting the faction in a good light, the BAD side of the LAPD never seems to be replicated or brought up and I feel it's almost silly to have squeaky clean cops based off LAPD in an environment that's probably 10x more toxic and dangerous than IRL LA.

ifthereisiapologizeoopsies

3 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I speak with a lot of members regarding corruption and I've asked multiple times in this thread and others regarding it's use but what would be the possibility of large-scale corruption within the LSPD? Think CRASH as an example. 

I see the argument of LSPD being heavily inspired by the LAPD (obviously, considering the setting) so therefor it's realistic but it's only ever used as an argument when painting the faction in a good light, the BAD side of the LAPD never seems to be replicated or brought up and I feel it's almost silly to have squeaky clean cops based off LAPD in an environment that's probably 10x more toxic and dangerous than IRL LA.

ifthereisiapologizeoopsies

Not sure when and if, but as far as we know (one of the last things heard), the PD High Command are actually working on the corruption and its rules to make it more realistic and give it more opportunities. Possibly, after the rework, we could hear something similar like CRASH. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Henning said:

I think people are mixing things up here. 

A lot of people want LEO's to go after factions through investigations and shut them down. This meaning PD or a higher power launching an in depth investigation into a faction, collecting enough evidence not just to arrest a few higher ups, but to completely cripple the organization into closure through convictions. This, as I think some people are talking about has never happened on this server.

I'm assuming this statement has come from knowledge and research into the matter right? I know fine well that there is a very dedicated Detective Bureau in PD that work extremely hard in investigating. I was a detective myself though part time because of the other commitments I had back then but the solid work those guys put in. If you are unaware about it then clearly they are doing a decent job. 

Injunctions don't come around just because someone in PD goes "Hey Judges give us an injunction on these boys please" because that would be unlawful. What happens (to the only one I have seen so far anyways... from shooting three cops at a normal traffic stop...) is a huge investigation file is put together and wrote up with evidence on investigatory work on why this group needs this injunction. You are not talking on one incident generally there will be multiple situations with one catalyst i.e Shooting a few cops because of a traffic stop. If that situation was just one guy shooting then it wouldn't of been injunction. The injunction happened because a whole gang shot and here we are with the catalyst. Add everything else that has been investigated and you have a case for the injunction.   

Don't assume that you are not been investigated. If you have warrants, injunctions anything. There needs to be full on investigation made with evidence to back this. Judges are incredibly strict about it as well. 

What I suggest is actually talk to PD I'm sure someone would be happy to explain that to you. Just give them a couple of weeks to settle after what has been a pretty crazy week for them I'm sure. 

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
8 hours ago, Henning said:

I agree with everything you've said except this one. It's one thing to investigate a group, it's a whole another thing to completely shut down a faction as a result of an investigation. For one, faction takedowns have always been based on the belief that "if leadership figures are all taken down through proper roleplay, then the faction falls like dominoes". However, this is just not true. If leadership figures are taken down, someone else will step up. There can be power struggles IC, and that introduces a lot more roleplay than "lol your organization go poof", it's a lot more realistic too. I understand it's an interesting concept to roleplay around, especially for more organized groups like OCG's, however I think any organized group can roleplay the effects of RICO regardless of the act not existing on the server. It's a federal law.

I hail from a community (yes we all know which one) where faction descripted-takedowns were done. But those took many many months to gather sufficient evidence. And the community for a large part liked it all-round. 

It gives a sense of consequences for illegal factions. Makes you think long & hard about who you trust and to what degree to not jeopardize the entire operation. And when that day DOES come, it was considered top notch roleplay between everybody involved. Stakes were/are high on both sides. And was always fun reading through the often 60-page essay written up with months and months worth of intelligence gathering come to fruition. And most of all. You go down in the history books for the server as "one of those notorious factions that got shut down" Faction dissapears and allows new ones to take it's place, free to choose wether or not they step into the footsteps of the old one, or take it their own way for better or for worse. And that's what made it organic. 

If you ask me, should be a thing here. 

• Thanks 1
On 1/13/2021 at 5:49 AM, Large Hazard said:

"Taking down" a faction is hardly a good objective. That's just closing a faction OOC based on IC developments. An investigation should lead to high level arrests - if those arrests are damaging enough for a faction to choose to close, so be it. If they have the opportunity to recover, also so be it. That's more or less how investigations work irl and there's no reason it can't work here. Forcing closures leads to resentment and weird shit like hunting down detectives.

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic