The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

1 hour ago, JeffMan3 said:

And there is a limit of making things "realistic", if we did everything the LAPD does we might as well pronounce ourselves a real Police Department and start getting wages for it. 

There's alot of people who think that way in the faction, believe it or not 😆

more times than one I wondered out loud "Should be getting paid for this"

Just like in real life I often go "I aint getting paid enough to deal with this shit."

Edited by Kenshi Haroku
2 minutes ago, knppel said:

Having this said, the most pressing matters are obviously still the police soccer club and a police orchestra

And do we have a new Chief yet?

Soccer club got turned into mahjong club. Orchestra was disbanded.  Budget cuts. 

There's an amateur barbershop quartet that sometimes gather after-shift. Their latest hit they're working on is titled "Bringing law to the lawless"

2 hours ago, Shiro said:

It's always just a game when it's in the pd's favor from what I've seen (just my experience don't attack me 🙂)

Completely unacademic response. This produces no valuable discussion. Just wanted to let you know, there’s nothing worth discussing in regards to this comment.

2 hours ago, Ryoichi said:

This is really a bad way of seeing things. Roleplay does not improve based on the mentality of "Its just a game". 
We have a capable court system and government system. With your mentality these factions would never see the light of day. 

Realism is what drives roleplay servers and it is what most of us are yearning for when we roleplay, crime stats are the life line of any police department. 

Do you realize how many things exist in the real world compared to in game? How about the government requires you to immediately file taxes for the previous years on the spot. Where would you get your receipts and proofs of purchase? Surely you couldn’t bring up a majority of the stuff you spent. In fact, this is a very soft example compared to what people are requesting now. Incoming can be stable. Homicides and crimes are not. People say ‘oh increase roleplay!’ But you can’t do that if you force people to be on the forums writing up tons up paperwork. What I’m saying is not limiting anyone from doing things. What I’m saying is, it didn’t exist before. No one should be penalized for this. How can you retroactively roleplay like this anyways? You have to use a bit of common sense and look at the logistical side of things. Can we do it from here on out? Yes. But it doesn’t come about just by saying so. It requires a dedicated team, time and effort. It requires a whole new set of tons of paperwork for each classification of crimes. Who’s going to do that? Certainly not PD. They have enough paperwork to do as is.

It’s very easy for those who haven’t roleplayed for a lengthy amount of time in this server’s PD. Civilians or illegal role players don’t have paperwork. They die from cops? /accept death. You avoid prison. Go to jail? Play something else.

meanwhile the officer has to fill out paperwork. A report according to standard can take anywhere between 20-30 minutes per suspect. Add on mass incidents and/or multiple suspects, it’s a nightmare. By the time you’re done, your will to play has died.

Unfortunately for some it’s easy to just ignore all of this.

18 hours ago, Sacred said:

You guys also refuse to take down factions because it's "not fun" or "ruins the RP for the faction", when in reality us illegal RPers want to be investigated. Why don't you take those investigations of police officer murders and use that to take down a faction?

We do. People have already deliberated in here regarding that. If a particular organization is linked to these types of crimes, including murdering police officers all of the time, they'll eventually get an injunction. And, as per one of the arguments that is ongoing in this thread, that ultimately leads to the organization (faction) sometimes getting shut down. Am I missing something? 

2 minutes ago, Griz said:

We do. People have already deliberated in here regarding that. If a particular organization is linked to these types of crimes, including murdering police officers all of the time, they'll eventually get an injunction. And, as per one of the arguments that is ongoing in this thread, that ultimately leads to the organization (faction) sometimes getting shut down. Am I missing something? 

Literally never seen a single faction get shutdown. 

50 minutes ago, Sacred said:

We can't physically shutdown a faction, we can do a gang injuction arrest some of their higher up members, that still doesn't mean that faction/gang can somehow bounce back, as it would be IRL.

7 hours ago, Sacred said:

Read through some of the recent posts. It has happened in the past. Perhaps not at the direct hand of a law enforcement faction, but due to the results of their response to certain factions' decisions. 

Edited by Griz

I think people are mixing things up here. 

A lot of people want LEO's to go after factions through investigations and shut them down. This meaning PD or a higher power launching an in depth investigation into a faction, collecting enough evidence not just to arrest a few higher ups, but to completely cripple the organization into closure through convictions. This, as I think some people are talking about has never happened on this server.

What has happened is some factions have closed as a result of receiving an injunction. Not because the injunction was effective. But because the injunction was so effective that it basically destroyed any motivation the faction had for playing. This isn't a good thing. Gang injunctions should still be enjoyable to play under and from what I've heard from some people on the receiving end injunctions there has in the past been some "turf camping" by PD. But I don't think that's always so much a malicious act and more to do with how condensed the map is. Regardless I think it's important for PD high command to keep in mind.

A more personal suggestion of mine for the new PD high command? Having gone through the training process for the faction, I was shocked to find that the training material, for all it's wealth of knowledge doesn't have a single portion that teaches "Hey, your role can really be abused and ruin experiences for others. Here's how not to do that." Definitely something that needs to be fleshed out and taught. 

15 hours ago, Vulcar said:

Why doesn't the LSPD release it's full budgeting as to where what money goes and how much money they have in total (As it's done IRL?) Including salaries, training, etc.

Sorry for the late response, I'm not PD nor am I LFM so I cannot answer your question.

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic