The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

2 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Yes, I agree, but if the LAPD were to do the same, they'd get sued to hell.

So sue em'.

1 minute ago, BjornV said:

Yes.

So get a lawyer and sue the LSPD lol. It's an IC issue, not OOC.

I don’t think that’s what the argument was about, it also seems redundant to sue for something that doesn’t exist and has no legal infrastructure. I also missed the part where this became a discussion on whether it’s in character or out of character, because if you ask me this is both an in character and out of character thing. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

I don’t think that’s what the argument was about, it also seems redundant to sue for something that doesn’t exist and has no legal infrastructure. I also missed the part where this became a discussion on whether it’s in character or out of character, because if you ask me this is both an in character and out of character thing. 

There is a legal infrastructure.

Federal Freedom of Information Act.
A FOIA request needs good reasoning to be denied.

If you ask PD for their budget through the public relations forums and they deny you without good reason/actively ignore you, you can sue them.

I think people should understand that we're still a game. Yes, it's roleplay, but to what extent are we bringing realism into it. To say you want to sue a department because they don't hold statistics of shootings from XYZ year is a bit of a stretch for me. Who wants to collect this data? Not me. You? It's convenient to say 'sue X because they don't hold records of how many people were killed by officer involved shootings since 2018.' Recording statistics like this was never a thing I've seen on previous servers. People need to understand that we're here to roleplay and not drown ourselves in endless amounts of paperwork. Even though I've left the LSPD, I just don't find it feasible or reasonable to be attempting to sue the LSPD for such a thing. Mentioning this as I have seen several times people attempting to gather records of statistics like this. Yes, it's IC, but it's a game. It's a game.

Edited by Saccs
  • Upvote 2
Just now, eTaylor said:

The original argument was; The LSPD doesn't release crime statistics the same way the LAPD does.

My argument is that nobody holding the LSPD accountable for the shit that they are doing (or not doing in this case), not the media, not you, not me, nobody. Wheras the LAPD is held accountable by so many taxpayers, media outlets and they'd be sued to shit if they didn't respond to FOIA requests.

My argument is also; don't complain and be part of the solution and sue them. You have 100% legal rights to do it and any and every lawyer will tell you this.

• Upvote 1

First of all, whoa disgusting. Second of all, I think there has been a gross misunderstanding of what has actually been said and what this thread is actually about. If you are coming from a place of conflict, just drop it. There’s no reason to be toxic or condescending. It’s not about a freedom of information request, and it’s not about suing somebody either. You have completely missed the point. 

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic