The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

1 minute ago, Vulcar said:

Why should it be requested. I can google the LAPD budget right now and see an excel sheet. Make it public, these barriers and unnecessary bearuracracy are only an unnecessary hurdle.

If you're giving it to everyone who requests it, just make it public. Isn't that the most logical solution?

Because this community doesn't have an active Media Outlet that actively keeps tabs on every single thing that the LSPD does.

Whereas, in real life, if we were to use an example, the LAPD is held accountable by about 15 news outlets on top of my head.

The LAPD doesn't release that stuff cause they have to, it's cause if they don't, they'll be flamed by every single media outlet that exists in LA, so make your own news outlet and request the bugets and expose the LSPD.

Edited by Biscuit
Just now, Biscuit said:

Because this community doesn't have an active Media Outlet that actively keeps tabs on every single thing that the LSPD does.

Whereas, in real life, if we were to use an example, the LAPD is held accountable by about 15 news outlets on top of my head.

But the funding is published on the LAPD website. It's not on CNN, LA Times. It's on their website. So make it public, it's that simple? You have the funding you said, you have all the things already there? Just make them public.

2 minutes ago, Vulcar said:

But the funding is published on the LAPD website. It's not on CNN, LA Times. It's on their website. So make it public, it's that simple? You have the funding you said, you have all the things already there? Just make them public.

Yes, it's public, everything has an origin.

IF you think it's that simple, then go ahead and request it, it's 1 form that can be filled out in 5 minutes. Just like every single journalist needs to fill out for crime data, statistical data and even budgets in real life.

What most likely happened is one of the news outlets (CNN) wrote to the LAPD to request their budgets and instead of them repeatedly sending them out, they published it on their website so it's easily accessible.

Everything has an origin as to why stuff is released.

Edited by Biscuit
2 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

IF you think it's that simple, then go ahead and request it, it's 1 form that can be filled out in 5 minutes. Just like every single journalist needs to fill out for crime data, statistical data and even budgets in real life.

What most likely happened is one of the news outlets (CNN) wrote to the LAPD to request their budgets and instead of them repeatedly sending them out, they published it on their website so it's easily accessible.

Everything has an origin as to why stuff is released.

Your kind of right, kind of wrong. The PD PR doesn't even exist does it?

https://prnt.sc/wmrhx1

I mean they reply to say they have the request and then never ever reply... There is stuff on here from the 4th October 2020 that hasnt had an answer.  

Seems like the PR is inactive rn, has been for a few months

Edited by JackD248
Just now, JackD248 said:

Your kind of right, kind of wrong. The PD PR doesn't even exist does it?

https://prnt.sc/wmrhx1

I mean they reply to say they have the request and then never ever reply... There is stuff on here from the 4th October 2020 that hasnt had an answer.  

Seems like the PR is inactive rn 

Then that should be the topic of discussion,

Even I'm a victim of not getting contacted by LSPD MRCAD (Elise Reyna in that photo).

Then again, nobody is holding them accountable, that is all an IC issue, someone can easily write an article throwing the LSPD under the bus for not responding to Public Relations requests, not only that but a possible lawsuit due to the freedom of information act.

Just now, Biscuit said:

Everything has an origin as to why shit is released.

4 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Then again, nobody is holding them accountable, that is all an IC issue, someone can easily write an article throwing the LSPD under the bus for not responding to Public Relations requests, not only that but a possible lawsuit due to the freedom of information act.

He’s saying that things that are public record aren’t being published to the public record. And no, the LAPD doesn’t publish their acts because media “hold them accountable”, they publish them because it’s the law to do so. We lack a proper public record on GTA W.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

He’s saying that things that are public record aren’t being published to the public record. And no, the LAPD doesn’t publish their acts because media “hold them accountable”, they publish them because it’s the law to do so. We lack a proper public record on GTA W.

then sue the LSPD. Public information act.

free money.

Edited by Biscuit
3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

What? Why? What are you taking about?

Freedom of Information Act, the LSPD is required to release information the same way LAPD is required to release information. It's no different in GTA:W.

Edited by Biscuit
changed public information act to freedom of information act cause i'm a dummy.
9 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

Then that should be the topic of discussion,

Even I'm a victim of not getting contacted by LSPD MRCAD (Elise Reyna in that photo).

Yeah, it is nuts. I was gonna do an IC lawsuit against them cus I also have an open FOI from last year however, maybe faction management is intervening with them and its caused a delay or something? Or they no longer roleplay a RP department? I am not sure what is happening. 

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic