The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

Just now, EazyShet said:

You have the right to remain silent, bla bla bla idk how it's called

Yes, those are Miranda rights! They're only read when you're being questioned. They used to be mandatory for every arrest for some strange reason, but Roozles removed it and it's much more authentic now.

48 minutes ago, JackD248 said:

I 100% agree with this!!!

Way to many shootouts and crime stuff on this server right now for a playerbase of average 500 people. I do agree, crime should be scaled right back on this server. 

I also agree with threads earlier down in this post, people run from cops or even shoot them over $200 citations, criminals seem to get a thrill from it. It is not realistic as was discussed before. 

The issue does not stem from the LSPD using helicopters as often then, they're using helicopters to combat the crime, if they don't use it then the criminals will have an upper-hand.

The issue then stems from the actual crime itself, which, in a roleplaying community, isn't particularly easy to moderate. I will say this;

From other communities I've been in (from Garry's Mod communities to DOJRP) this is the most realistic I've ever seen anything get.

I believe not much can be done about it without proper suggestions.

3 hours ago, JackD248 said:

Maybe just me but I think LSPD do abuse the helicopter. It is totally unrealistic to have a helicopter deployed pretty much all of the time. No IRL department has the funds nor the ability to have the helicopter up as much as the LSPD. I called 911 for a simple street fist fight in davis, next thing I know a heli is above. It is almost as if the helicopter is doing patrols, it is just unrealistic, really unrealistic. 

I should also add, I was at a car meet and a helicopter came just to see the car meet and was hovering at most 200ft above the ground, I would even class this as potentially a rule breech, It is just ludicrous. 

Also, when in pursuits, they call for an airship and within a few minuets (2 min most of the time) it is overhead the pursuit. I think they need to act more realistic with the airship, and have a minimum delay from receiving request to been able to lift. IRL there are many things from suiting up, to receiving grid reference, to getting ATC clearance, to pre flight checks, engine start, and lift before you can set off. I think PD need to roleplay the helicopter much better and less almost play to win in this sense.  I appriciate they maybe do pre-flight checks however, holding a PPL myself I know pre-flight checks take around 15 mins for an external check which is done once a day and then around 5-6 mins for a pre-start and start checklist. Then not to mention the after start checklists and so on. In GTA V it is a simple job of stepping inside and holding the keyboard to go straight up, IRL it is not this easy and when PD have such an asset that merely is impossible for suspects to escape and gives PD such an advantage they should roleplay and use it properly, not abuse it. 

PD's /me checks the helicopter

/do it is ok

Is simply not good enough, there must be more a delay and less abuse of the helicopter. 

On a positive side to PD, I think the training programme educates most cops who RP in the server realistically when dealing with situations.

In essence I have gave a load of problems but I think a solution will be for a new policy in air ops to do at least a minimum of five minuets of pre flight and start up checks whilst sat in the helicopter before lifting, that extra few minuets really will add immersion and cut this play 2 win with the helicopter.

You're unfortunately incorrect on your first paragraph. The LSPD is based off of the LAPD. (how much or how little is subject to debate). The LAPD has a fully dedicated air wing. Consisting of 19 helicopters and 1 fixed-wing aircraft. 50ish pilots I think and numerous support staff. 

I do not know why you think it's unrealistic, maybe because you hail from europe. But the LAPD has anywhere from 1 up to 3 aircraft up at all times to provide real-time assistance to patrol units on the ground. So they DO infact "Patrol".  And that's not counting the LASD who has their own dedicated air unit, and also not counting CHP with THEIR own airwing. That's 3 agencies for the greater LA area with their own air wings. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, knppel said:

Start with downscaling crime then- oh wait that'd be boring right.

The whole "more realistic behaviour from cops" thing is a trojan horse by a misguided criminal rper lobby that basically demand their character gets away with whatever they do in their ingame reality- typically without too much smart planning ic but by lawyering around rules and roleplaying finding evidence and what not else.

Be happy this community is heterogen enough to have reasonable and thoughtful voices from that side too here, all I can say.

And of course, don't give too much thought in everything someone promotes under the disguise of "realism".

"Lobby"? Your entire answer is laughable. This isn't a topic about illegal roleplay, or illegal roleplayers. Do you have the slightest idea on what's going on in LA? If an illegal organization's beef makes sense, they're full within their rights to shoot, and LSPD is full within their rights to punish those responsible. If you're a civilian roleplayer, I'm afraid you don't get a say in the matter. This is not the correct place to rant about how "illegal rp bad, lobbyist illegal rpers, don't give in to their propaganda" either.

4 hours ago, Syrike said:

So I want to step in here and say something about the continuous usage of "The LSPD abuses the helicopter, no IRL department could do this." As someone who is not a member of LEO RP in this community at present. I really do hate to step in and be the one to say that if the LSPD were to follow what the department they are based on does, then they should have 2 helicopters active, at all times of the day.

The LAPD are a department that call for an Airship at any time they think it might be needed, you'd also do well to assume that the helicopter isn't taking off just for you, it's already patrolling and responding to calls.

If anything, be happy the LSPD has the decency to not be the LAPD who can legally land to make arrests.

Why doesn't the LSPD release it's full budgeting as to where what money goes and how much money they have in total (As it's done IRL?) Including salaries, training, etc.

1 minute ago, Biscuit said:

Because nobody requests it.

Go to MRCAD and request it.

Why should it be requested. I can google the LAPD budget right now and see an excel sheet. Make it public, these barriers and unnecessary bearuracracy are only an unnecessary hurdle, and to be honest with you bro? They're mainly there to detract people who'd rather invest their time more productively.

If you're giving it to everyone who requests it, just make it public. Isn't that the most logical solution?

Edited by Vulcar
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic