The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

Just now, JackD248 said:

This is a roleplay server with average player base of 500, things should be scaled back accordingly. This helicopter is 100% been abused and a play to win mentality. You should not have helicopters at the height of street lamps just to watch a car meet or be having helis lifting in 5/10 seconds. 

If only you knew how many pursuits PD looses even with helicopter. And how is that play to win considering IRL departments use them? And no, PD doesn't have 5 helicopters all the time, it barely has 1 active helicopter at all times patrolling the city. They really don't take off just for  a pursuit, they're already patrolling, very rarely you see air support people jumping into their helicopters just for a pursuit. Do explain how is play to win? 

2 minutes ago, nelsondx said:

If only you knew how many pursuits PD looses even with helicopter. And how is that play to win considering IRL departments use them? And no, PD doesn't have 5 helicopters all the time, it barely has 1 active helicopter at all times patrolling the city. They really don't take off just for  a pursuit, they're already patrolling, very rarely you see air support people jumping into their helicopters just for a pursuit. Do explain how is play to win? 

I never said 5 helicopters at a time... 

Just now, Tennplugg said:

Clearly you didnt see my last post, I will say again. 

This is a roleplay server with average player base of 500, things should be scaled back accordingly. We are not in Los Angeles with a population of over 3.9 million people... I quote this off another admin also. 

3 minutes ago, JackD248 said:

This is a roleplay server with average player base of 500, things should be scaled back accordingly. We are not in Los Angeles with a population of over 3.9 million people...

Start with downscaling crime then- oh wait that'd be boring right.

2 minutes ago, nelsondx said:

If only you knew how many pursuits PD looses even with helicopter. And how is that play to win considering IRL departments use them?

2 minutes ago, Syrike said:

if you are comitting crimes and know that the LSPD might have a helicopter up, would it not be smarter to plan for this?

The whole "more realistic behaviour from cops" thing is a trojan horse by a misguided criminal rper lobby that basically demand their character gets away with whatever they do in their ingame reality- typically without too much smart planning ic but by lawyering around rules and roleplaying finding evidence and what not else.

Be happy this community is heterogen enough to have reasonable and thoughtful voices from that side too here, all I can say.

And of course, don't give too much thought in everything someone promotes under the disguise of "realism".

12 minutes ago, JackD248 said:

This is a roleplay server with average player base of 500, things should be scaled back accordingly. We are not in Los Angeles with a population of over 3.9 million people...

Is 1 sometimes, compared to 2 constantly with rotating shifts between a total of 17  not scaled back?

Start with downscaling crime then- oh wait that'd be boring right.

I 100% agree with this!!!

Way to many shootouts and crime stuff on this server right now for a playerbase of average 500 people. I do agree, crime should be scaled right back on this server. 

I also agree with threads earlier down in this post, people run from cops or even shoot them over $200 citations, criminals seem to get a thrill from it. It is not realistic as was discussed before. 

Edited by JackD248
9 minutes ago, EazyShet said:

Read us our rights upon arrest! + With your influence, I would try to get a bit more judges around so if we're innocent our character doesn't have to sit in a cell for days..

Like, Miranda rights? Those aren't needed unless you're being questioned. As for judges — not something LSPD can influence.

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic