The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

"Taking down" a faction is hardly a good objective. That's just closing a faction OOC based on IC developments. An investigation should lead to high level arrests - if those arrests are damaging enough for a faction to choose to close, so be it. If they have the opportunity to recover, also so be it. That's more or less how investigations work irl and there's no reason it can't work here. Forcing closures leads to resentment and weird shit like hunting down detectives.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Vulcar said:

Harpys 13, CVTF13 and SSR13 are all Sureno gangs who have had gang injunctions. TF was very close to archiving after their first month, Harpys did archive during it, and SSR13 is just adapting and varying the way they operate and RP to counter the effects of the injunction. The only thing these injunctions fundamentally achieve is that they demotivate people to continue RPing on those characters which thus leads to this 'slow down' on the crime rate.

Harpys 13 didn't archive due to the injunction. We were generally inactive before it. 😉

11 hours ago, Tennplugg said:

Harpys 13 didn't archive due to the injunction. We were generally inactive before it. 😉

What I said was they had an injunction and they ARCHIVED during their injunction. I'm sure the injunction played a key part.

Edited by Vulcar
  • Upvote 1

CVTF lived through two injunctions, so it shows how ineffective they can be. Imo the police need to implement RICO cases if they don't have them already. Even if that's a big step of power, I think it would drastically change how gangs operate if you want them to simmer down. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Dustyboi said:

CVTF lived through two injunctions, so it shows how ineffective they can be. Imo the police need to implement RICO cases if they don't have them already. Even if that's a big step of power, I think it would drastically change how gangs operate if you want them to simmer down. 

So I might be misunderstanding what you mean by ineffective here, or just misunderstanding in general, but the last time the LSPD mobilized in force to South Central as a result of four officers being CKed, we were told that we were turf camping:

But now we're being told that the LSPD aren't doing enough to crack down on significant illegal activity?

What am I missing?

49 minutes ago, Westen said:

So I might be misunderstanding what you mean by ineffective here, or just misunderstanding in general, but the last time the LSPD mobilized in force to South Central as a result of four officers being CKed, we were told that we were turf camping:

But now we're being told that the LSPD aren't doing enough to crack down on significant illegal activity?

What am I missing?

By turf camping, it's just that. Sitting in one spot on a block WAITING for something to pop off. Atm I think it's at a somewhat healthy state where it's patrolling cruisers rather than them sitting idle at every corner. At least from what I've noticed lately, anyway. It's different when it comes to a time of injunction versus a 24/7 presence.

Maybe just me but I think LSPD do abuse the helicopter. It is totally unrealistic to have a helicopter deployed pretty much all of the time. No IRL department has the funds nor the ability to have the helicopter up as much as the LSPD. I called 911 for a simple street fist fight in davis, next thing I know a heli is above. It is almost as if the helicopter is doing patrols, it is just unrealistic, really unrealistic. 

I should also add, I was at a car meet and a helicopter came just to see the car meet and was hovering at most 200ft above the ground, I would even class this as potentially a rule breech, It is just ludicrous. 

Also, when in pursuits, they call for an airship and within a few minuets (2 min most of the time) it is overhead the pursuit. I think they need to act more realistic with the airship, and have a minimum delay from receiving request to been able to lift. IRL there are many things from suiting up, to receiving grid reference, to getting ATC clearance, to pre flight checks, engine start, and lift before you can set off. I think PD need to roleplay the helicopter much better and less almost play to win in this sense.  I appriciate they maybe do pre-flight checks however, holding a PPL myself I know pre-flight checks take around 15 mins for an external check which is done once a day and then around 5-6 mins for a pre-start and start checklist. Then not to mention the after start checklists and so on. In GTA V it is a simple job of stepping inside and holding the keyboard to go straight up, IRL it is not this easy and when PD have such an asset that merely is impossible for suspects to escape and gives PD such an advantage they should roleplay and use it properly, not abuse it. 

PD's /me checks the helicopter

/do it is ok

Is simply not good enough, there must be more a delay and less abuse of the helicopter. 

On a positive side to PD, I think the training programme educates most cops who RP in the server realistically when dealing with situations.

In essence I have gave a load of problems but I think a solution will be for a new policy in air ops to do at least a minimum of five minuets of pre flight and start up checks whilst sat in the helicopter before lifting, that extra few minuets really will add immersion and cut this play 2 win with the helicopter.

Edited by JackD248

So I want to step in here and say something about the continuous usage of "The LSPD abuses the helicopter, no IRL department could do this." As someone who is not a member of LEO RP in this community at present. I really do hate to step in and be the one to say that if the LSPD were to follow what the department they are based on does, then they should have 2 helicopters active, at all times of the day.

The LAPD are a department that call for an Airship at any time they think it might be needed, you'd also do well to assume that the helicopter isn't taking off just for you, it's already patrolling and responding to calls.

If anything, be happy the LSPD has the decency to not be the LAPD who can legally land to make arrests.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Syrike said:

So I want to step in here and say something about the continuous usage of "The LSPD abuses the helicopter, no IRL department could do this." As someone who is not a member of LEO RP in this community at present. I really do hate to step in and be the one to say that if the LSPD were to follow what the department they are based on does, then they should have 2 helicopters active, at all times of the day.

The LAPD are a department that call for an Airship at any time they think it might be needed, you'd also do well to assume that the helicopter isn't taking off just for you, it's already patrolling and responding to calls.

If anything, be happy the LSPD has the decency to not be the LAPD who can legally land to make arrests.

This is a roleplay server with average player base of 500, things should be scaled back accordingly. We are not in Los Angeles with a population of over 3.9 million people... I quote this off another admin also. @Syrike

This helicopter is 100% been abused and a play to win mentality. You should not have helicopters at the height of street lamps just to watch a car meet or be having helis lifting in 5/10 seconds. 

Edited by JackD248
1 minute ago, JackD248 said:

This is a roleplay server with average player base of 500, things should be scaled back accordingly. We are not in Los Angeles with a population of over 3.9 million people...

This helicopter is 100% been abused and a play to win mentality. You should not have helicopters at the height of street lamps just to watch a car meet or be having helis lifting in 5/10 seconds. 

If the helicopter is at the height of street lamps there is an issue and if it happens I call for people to report it, I know the guy who heads the LSPD ASD would very much like to know about that. How is this helicopter abused? It has to be flown, it has to keep up with you and the pilot and co pilot have to be able to follow the little spec that is you whilst constantly updating for other units. The helicopter has a response time, if you are comitting crimes and know that the LSPD might have a helicopter up, would it not be smarter to plan for this?

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic