The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

Just as a general note:

The thread has been started, feel free to move concerns over the the G6 thread rather then spamming the PD one, as it seems it was derailed a bit.

-----------

3 hours ago, Gryphboi said:

I know it's PD's topic, but G6's guilty of acting like they're cops. Not my screen, but my friend told me they were blocking the road on both lanes during a property fire on R68. gta-world-2020-11-16-2-44-45.png

This concern was addressed on the G6 thread linked above, feel free to read through some of the pages where you see this exact picture.

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Björk locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

For the context of this post; I've been playing lots as LSFD and DMEC (formerly LSDC), and a couple of months ago I had seen close to no cooperation between the LSSD and LSPD (by that I mean the minimum amount of Mutual Aid, constant arguments, constant faction bashing). Generally lots of heat from both sides of the faction and general unwillingness for the both to cooperate. Whilst observing as the support factions we see today (LSFD and DMEC), I've mainly just seen lots of arguing between the departments, no effort to restore relations and even getting into vocal arguments and fights on scene in front of civilians and firefighters.

Recently, however, things have changed, and oh boy have they changed for the good, and all I can say do is commend the LSPD & the LSSD on the willingness to work together. Recently, I've seen constant usage of Mutual Aid 1 for pursuits, LSSD talking with LSPD officers about general banter on scene and having decent and friendly conversations, the both factions I can see are also having fun sharing scenes with each other, helping each-other and finally calling each-other for backup to scenes would they need it.

You guys really deserve a medal for this, I am absolutely taken away at how much relations have improved between the two factions and I'm really happy to see the factions strive the way they currently are, keep doing this, for me it's nothing but positive vibes 💚💙

2 hours ago, Biscuit said:

Hi there!

For the context of this post; I've been playing lots as LSFD and DMEC (formerly LSDC), and a couple of months ago I had seen close to no cooperation between the LSSD and LSPD (by that I mean the minimum amount of Mutual Aid, constant arguments, constant faction bashing). Generally lots of heat from both sides of the faction and general unwillingness for the both to cooperate. Whilst observing as the support factions we see today (LSFD and DMEC), I've mainly just seen lots of arguing between the departments, no effort to restore relations and even getting into vocal arguments and fights on scene in front of civilians and firefighters.

Recently, however, things have changed, and oh boy have they changed for the good, and all I can say do is commend the LSPD & the LSSD on the willingness to work together. Recently, I've seen constant usage of Mutual Aid 1 for pursuits, LSSD talking with LSPD officers about general banter on scene and having decent and friendly conversations, the both factions I can see are also having fun sharing scenes with each other, helping each-other and finally calling each-other for backup to scenes would they need it.

You guys really deserve a medal for this, I am absolutely taken away at how much relations have improved between the two factions and I'm really happy to see the factions strive the way they currently are, keep doing this, for me it's nothing but positive vibes 💚💙

You'd be surprised what happens when you're not looking and behind closed doors. We're moving in the right direction but the issue still persists. That's all I'll say on that.

• Upvote 1

It's your typical rivalry between agencies that spiraled out of control. Who "Started" it you can't really say, as I'm sure both departments had a stake in it. But from a PD point of view, I've met some seriously bad apples in sheriffs, been threatened (yes, one LEO to another) and there were even instances of near-fights between agencies. Granted, on one side you can praise the dedication people go to to organically portray their character development through this. But recently it did spiral out of control. 

I don't know where we stand now honestly, as I've had to focus on work the past few weeks now. But I think the majority of the rank & file deputies are putting their personal opinions aside, just like the majority of the rank & file officers do. And correctly prioritize cooperation rather than bickering. Has improved, but nasty wounds were left by both departments at this point I think that will take some time to heal.

19 hours ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

It's your typical rivalry between agencies that spiraled out of control. Who "Started" it you can't really say, as I'm sure both departments had a stake in it. But from a PD point of view, I've met some seriously bad apples in sheriffs, been threatened (yes, one LEO to another) and there were even instances of near-fights between agencies. Granted, on one side you can praise the dedication people go to to organically portray their character development through this. But recently it did spiral out of control. 

I don't know where we stand now honestly, as I've had to focus on work the past few weeks now. But I think the majority of the rank & file deputies are putting their personal opinions aside, just like the majority of the rank & file officers do. And correctly prioritize cooperation rather than bickering. Has improved, but nasty wounds were left by both departments at this point I think that will take some time to heal.

Kinda feel weird to hear about near fights between deputies and officers, as a deputy in SD, I’ve seen people have their opinion about PD. But never have I seen a fight. 

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic