The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

One full month ago I submitted a quality roleplay report to the LSPD on an officer, I've yet to receive a response as to what happened with the report. I've sent double reminders as well to the LSPD player responsible for handling internal quality roleplay reports without any replies. 

How long does it take for a quality of roleplay report to actually be processed and handled?

44 minutes ago, Gargam3i said:

One full month ago I submitted a quality roleplay report to the LSPD on an officer, I've yet to receive a response as to what happened with the report. I've sent double reminders as well to the LSPD player responsible for handling internal quality roleplay reports without any replies. 

How long does it take for a quality of roleplay report to actually be processed and handled?

Hey there, which forum name have you sent it to? It could be the case that your message has been lost in the process. Normally, if you would send it to the Staff Officer group on our forums, 6 people would receive it. 

Can you forward me the message (Vincent Lagorio on the LSPD forums)? Then we can look into the issue. Thank you!

20 minutes ago, roozles said:

Hey there, which forum name have you sent it to? It could be the case that your message has been lost in the process. Normally, if you would send it to the Staff Officer group on our forums, 6 people would receive it. 

Can you forward me the message (Vincent Lagorio on the LSPD forums)? Then we can look into the issue. Thank you!

It was sent to Charles Hughes he replied once with: "Hello,

My sincere apologies for the late response, I have been on absence for the past week. I'll review your report and forward it to the staff office post haste."

This was on the 8th of September, my reminders were sent on the following dates:
Sept 17

Oct 02

Both are read but no replies. 

Now I'm not trying to bash but when people complain about the roleplaying standard about LSPD they say to report it through the proper channels because it's taken extremely serious by leadership, this whole scenario doesn't really leave the feeling of a genuine quality roleplay report is even being taken care off. In fact, it gives the vibes that it's hopeless even bothering reporting quality rolepaly reports.

• Upvote 10
6 hours ago, Gargam3i said:

My sincere apologies for the late response, I have been on absence for the past week. I'll review your report and forward it to the staff office post haste."

This was on the 8th of September, my reminders were sent on the following dates:
Sept 17

Oct 02

Now I'm not trying to bash but when people complain about the roleplaying standard about LSPD they say to report it through the proper channels because it's taken extremely serious by leadership, this whole scenario doesn't really leave the feeling of a genuine quality roleplay report is even being taken care off. In fact, it gives the vibes that it's hopeless even bothering reporting quality rolepaly reports.

I did a report against a police officer for powergaming, took something like 3 weeks to get him gone from the PD but that's only because the evidence was clear as fucking daylight, if you think that's long wait until you decide to report a staff member, shit, I'm waiting for the past two months homie. Good luck. 

Oh, I forgot, he didn't get removed, he chose to leave, they only gave him a warning.

Edited by Homie
  • Developer

Reports take a while to process. Several factors come into play. It's not like an instant removal if you send something in. It's going to be investigated by IA or Command/Staff officers and then discussed for an appropriate punishment.

This is still a game and not real life, people here come to play and relax not to discuss 24/7 when they're around. Cut them some slack. 

8 hours ago, Gargam3i said:

Sept 17

Oct 02

Unfortunately the report was submitted at the time I transitioned in the role of Chief of Police. A lot of information was still outdated, including the information topic with the link of the forum account you had to submit your complaint to.

We do take these reports seriously but they require some time. It happens that the reported person is absent or in an unreachable timezone and we do want to give the reported party a chance to give their side of the story as well. It also happens we consult with Server Administration and / or Legal Fation Management, as we are Faction Leaders after all, not in-game admins. Our punishments are only limited to internal administrative action.

The process however should not take longer than a month and therefore we will ensure you will receive feedback later today by the handling person.

5 hours ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Reports take a while to process. Several factors come into play. It's not like an instant removal if you send something in. It's going to be investigated by IA or Command/Staff officers and then discussed for an appropriate punishment.

This is still a game and not real life, people here come to play and relax not to discuss 24/7 when they're around. Cut them some slack. 

Are you honestly saying that a response to not one, but two reminders with something as easy as: "Your report is still being looked into, thank you for your patience." is to much to ask for?

I'm. Just sharing my two cents on how it looks and feels from an outside perspective, you don't have to like it or agree with it, but that's my personal feeling of this entire situation. 

Edited by Gargam3i
On 10/7/2020 at 12:05 AM, St3fan[NL] said:

Very good point, just would like to remind you that in every single server the police department is the faction that represents the server as a whole. Why?

Because if I feel like a faction is shit, I can simply avoid it... I don't need to roleplay with a shit faction, and if even though they still force shit roleplay upon me I am allowed to post a report against the same faction and that will at least stop them from interacting with me at all.

That's not the case with the PD, the whole server HAS TO ROLEPLAY WITH THEM, regardless if they're in the legal or illegal side of things. There is no such thing against posting a forum report against the PD itself, there is no such thing as avoiding roleplay with them. 

So when I come home to relax and I am forced to roleplay with someone who joined the PD but is not even able to roleplay a human being it jumps from a relaxing experience to a stressful one, sure, it's only a few bad apples like everyone says. But when the bad apples ONLY RECEIVE A WARNING for something ridiculous such as failing to roleplay injuries and failing to roleplay a gun on them, it makes you feel hopeless. I totally understand what the guy above said because it's frustrating, even with proper evidence screaming at your face that the guy is blatantly powergaming he still leaves with a warning. 

And to top everything off, they will still take 3-5 weeks (minimum) to look at your evidence. It's a joke buddy, I'm not even ranting because these things happened and turned into forum reports. It's all there for you to look, got to a point where nowadays I don't even bother sending them anything, what a warning will do? Nothing, it's that simple. 

If you wanna make things better and stop players from posting what I did out here, just fix your faction man. Stop giving warnings and start giving examples. Got to the point where I can't even bother sending y'all evidence. 

A month of wait to read "Thanks for your report X guy has received a warning", stop fucking around.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Homie said:

Very good point, just would like to remind you that in every single server the police department is the faction that represents the server as a whole. Why?

Because if I feel like a faction is shit, I can simply avoid it... I don't need to roleplay with a shit faction, and if even though they still force shit roleplay upon me I am allowed to post a report against the same faction and that will at least stop them from interacting with me at all.

That's not the case with the PD, the whole server HAS TO ROLEPLAY WITH THEM, regardless if they're in the legal or illegal side of things. There is no such thing against posting a forum report against the PD itself, there is no such thing as avoiding roleplay with them. 

So when I come home to relax and I am forced to roleplay with someone who joined the PD but is not even able to roleplay a human being it jumps from a relaxing experience to a stressful one, sure, it's only a few bad apples like everyone says. But when the bad apples ONLY RECEIVE A WARNING for something ridiculous such as failing to roleplay injuries and failing to roleplay a gun on them, it makes you feel hopeless. I totally understand what the guy above said because it's frustrating, even with proper evidence screaming at your face that the guy is blatantly powergaming he still leaves with a warning. 

And to top everything off, they will still take 3-5 weeks (minimum) to look at your evidence. It's a joke buddy, I'm not even ranting because these things happened and turned into forum reports. It's all there for you to look, got to a point where nowadays I don't even bother sending them anything, what a warning will do? Nothing, it's that simple. 

If you wanna make things better and stop players from posting what I did out here, just fix your faction man. Stop giving warnings and start giving examples. Got to the point where I can't even bother sending y'all evidence. 

A month of wait to read "Thanks for your report X guy has received a warning", stop fucking around.

I understand that frustration, I'm in the PD myself and we also don't have a choice who we rp with. Sometimes you just gotta roll with it and put up a report at the end of the situation, I think it's a busy time in the server in general, player reports on gtaw forums too get left behind. It's not an excuse tho', but as the chief roozles said they are working on it. Send him a pm on the lspd forum if you put a report up or whatever you did as a reminder. I'm sure they didn't mean to neglect your report(s). 

Personally, I think CKs with PD should REALLY get a re-working. This ties into the warning thing with PD as well. I've been told this by several people from different factions, but correct me if I'm wrong. If a PD player is CKed, it just drops them a rank? That's it? In Illegal RP, you aren't able to do this in the slightest. You can spend months upon months, possibly even a year plus, and lose all of that in an instant while a PD player with an equal amount of time or lesser can just continue with hardly any repercussions than the equivalent of a slap on the wrist. A CK should be a CK, no matter the faction. You get CKed, you start from the bottom of the barrel. A fresh character outside of the faction. 

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic