The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

3 hours ago, Cascade said:

As stated in the original post. Any complaints feel free to contact us and we will happily look into them. This thread is simply for questions for us to be able to answer and I'm requesting you keep on that topic.  A lot of what you have stated is also seriously misinformed, feel free to reach out to me  and I would happily look into your concerns further. 

As for reports, which although you have stressed it's a game (quite frankly that is correct and this shouldn't be a stress to anyone) and also you have stated they need to have an increase in report writing and quality.

Report writing quality is something we are working on, focusing on improving the content with Police training and education division. We have a course developed and about to run for just that. We have spoken with the guys in JSA and also developed a report writing quality checking service. So, if an officer is caught with terrible report writing, part of this could be a remedial training punishment which would go through these steps. Something our FTP system really focuses on. 

Most of what I have stated comes from personal experience as a LEO in the past 10 years of me RPing. Whether your experience has been the same or not is a whole different scenario.

It is clear to me that you focused on certain parts of my wall of text and you didn't grasp the general idea.

6 hours ago, DionGR said:

The second most important lesson for an upcoming or current LEO is that YOU HAVE THE POWER TO RUIN SOMEONE'S CHARACTER, DON'T ABUSE IT.

How would you feel if you pressed W for a second longer and then had everything you've went through this character (especially if legal) fucked up? How would you feel if that one second cost you weeks or even months of character development, applications for factions/weapons etc and 3$ for a namechange? I'd assume you'd be pretty salty if some LEO arrested you, it impacted you just as the aforementioned and he was probably laughing his ass off on dispatch. On top of that, if someone genuinely tells you something happened by accident on /b, you are not a better RPer if you just throw the old regular "Keep it IC", you are just an asshole. Just some food for thought.

Honestly this point is the most important. I've managed to stay out of it on here by being careful, but on LS-RP I distinctly remember being criminalized for pretty much what you said. I skipped an intersection (not at high speed, I was driving a cabbie), didn't notice the cop behind me for ONE street (so about...3 seconds?). Next thing you know my character's being arrested, kicked out of DOC. Luckily it hasn't happened to me on here, but, I think a lot of people ought to understand the power they have. 

There is alot of generalizing going around that isn't pertinent. This is not the LSPD on LSRP. Having been in both now, There is way more depth and realism here than you'll ever be able to get on SAMP. It's pointless to compare the justice system here to the one on LSRP. In LSRP a deputy and an officer were judge, juries and executioners all at once. Courts was barely active. The synergy between the justice department and the 2 police entities here is something that I could only dream off. The journey here doesn't necessarily end at prison here, plea deals that are in place, and with the amazing work that Brett & the other guys in the Justice department put in really make the whole crime & punishment feel organic and alive here to a point where you'll never be able to get on equal footing on an outdated platform like SAMP. 

23 hours ago, shareef2 said:

I'd assume you'd be pretty salty if some LEO arrested you, it impacted you just as the aforementioned and he was probably laughing his ass off on dispatch.

Just the like criminal rpers do when they rob and bother people.

On 7/12/2020 at 9:50 PM, DionGR said:

Most of what I have stated comes from personal experience as a LEO in the past 10 years of me RPing. Whether your experience has been the same or not is a whole different scenario.

It is clear to me that you focused on certain parts of my wall of text and you didn't grasp the general idea.

As cascade stated, this topic is not meant for single incidents or anything of the sort. Please read the original post, and if you encounter someone in my faction who behaves in the way you described, please report it so that my staff team or I can take action.

Edited by Big_Smokes
25 minutes ago, Big_Smokes said:

As cascade stated, this topic is not meant for single incidents or anything of the sort. Please read the original post, and if you encounter someone in my faction who behaves in the way you described, please report it so that my staff team or I can take action.

And I never mentioned any incidents. I made examples out of situations (that I have heard happen) and gave my tips, insight and observations as a year-long LEO. People seem to agree with me aswell.

The only part where I focus on this server is the following, and it's not a secular incident, it's something that happens on the regular.

This is what us, lawyers in this game, try to fight. I've seen ridiculous arrest reports, vague evidence and a general laziness. I was discussing with an associate of mine the other day whether it is acceptable to have half a paragraph of a report for felonies such as Murders, Rape and heinous offenses in general, since this is what happens.

12 minutes ago, DionGR said:

And I never mentioned any incidents. I made examples out of situations (that I have heard happen) and gave my tips, insight and observations as a year-long LEO. People seem to agree with me aswell.

That's the thing though. Take it with a grain of salt, but things get lost in translation. I think we all prefer to get our information straight from the source - your insight is appreciated nonetheless, though I have left most of my LSRP experiences far behind me in favor of what we've been able to accomplish here.

Just now, mj2002 said:

Why is the link to the Firearms Licensing Division hidden from public view when visiting the Public Section / Front Desk of https://lspd.gta.world/ ?

I do not believe it is hidden to the public. When going to this link, you should see the following: 

Spoiler

yfkXlHS.png

By clicking on Firearm License Applications you will be automatically directed towards the FLD website at this address: https://fld.gta.world/

• Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic