The Police Department & You

Big_Smokes

5 hours ago, Giles said:

I’ve seen this more than once. It can go both ways. I’ve seen cops who have less emotion, but they’ve been a cop for 30 years and have pretty much seen it all.

This is not the case for most cops on this server though. If people are role playing cops who have no experience or only a few years they should be role playing much more human emotion into their actions or situations. 

The intention isn’t to criticize, more so provide some insight. I know there are a lot of moving parts and people can’t be watched all the time. There needs to be accountability though. So who do we report people to that we feel are doing this? RP Quality? Faction report?

https://lspd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=26229

^ we have a topic here that explains how to report our faction members for roleplay standards. All the complaints are handled by me and my staff guys and are visible to FM. So if you're ever in disagreement with the outcome or feel like we didn't do enough, you're always free to poke @SpawnMatrix or my handler @Selena to have them check up on it to make sure we did our work correctly.

It's sometimes difficult to gauge from my perspective if I've done enough for you or protected my faction member a little too much. Nothing wrong with getting a second opinion if you feel you need one.

• Upvote 1

This is a legitimate question, why are most deputies from Sheriff Patrolling instead of role-playing in the prison? I'm just curious as I thought SD was created to be in charge of prison. And it seems like they rarely go in prison except for a few ones. Which honestly kinda sucks when guards are in prison. I just feel like they should be mandated a minimal amount of their time into prison. That's just my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Mattkov said:

This is a legitimate question, why are most deputies from Sheriff Patrolling instead of role-playing in the prison? I'm just curious as I thought SD was created to be in charge of prison. And it seems like they rarely go in prison except for a few ones. Which honestly kinda sucks when guards are in prison. I just feel like they should be mandated a minimal amount of their time into prison. That's just my thoughts.

Thats a question for SD, which is an entirely seperate faction to PD. You'd need to go and ask them.

8 minutes ago, Mattkov said:

Sorry bro. Not my faction, so, not really something I can comment on. I suggest reaching out to @Bospy or @Jonesy with any questions you have regarding SD, they lead the faction.

Edited by Big_Smokes
9 minutes ago, Mattkov said:

This is the PD section. I'd ask SD

1 hour ago, Mattkov said:

Excellent question. Every member of the faction is required to keep a constant stock of the jail as we have minimal staffing requirements. So this means that depending on the number of inmates in-game, there's a specified amount of deputies required to attend the jail. So if you're the only inmate on in the jail (as is the case during late times) you may not see a deputy as they may be patrolling. On the flip side, if there's a few inmates in the jail (let's say three or four), there's a requirement for a set minimum of deputies to be in the jail while others can continue to patrol. They may be in the main blocks or the yard, or they may be conducting an investigation with a specific inmate or assisting patrol deputies or PD with processing a new inmate. So while it may seem that the jail is empty, the Sheriff's Department does receive notifications and warnings when certain parameters are met and its members are required to go to the jail to meet those requirements but may be tied up with other things elsewhere in the jail. Now, if you do notice this is not the case and there's several inmates on for a long period of time and no deputies to be found, I absolutely encourage you to speak with me and we can investigate it. My PM inbox is always open! 

On that note, if you or anyone else have any further questions please let me know in a PM. I don't wish to hijack the PD's thread, we'll be making a similar one in the near future for questions and concerns. Edit: 

Edited by Jonesy

This is something that I've noticed happening every now and then, not speaking about one specific individual situation but more situations in the course of weeks.

House alarms or emergency calls for a break-in at a certain property is something not unusual on this server. Hell, even emergency calls from concerned citizens that spot suspicious behaviour. Whenever I notice a situation like that, a lot of officers respond which is very obvious, but what I have also noticed is that tactical teams are responding as well, in their full gear (BDU's, helmets, vests) and either stick around on scene or do an actual breach. And specifically at the last one I attended, even spike strips were laid out. In my opinion, this comes over very overkill and have heard from community members that they share the same opinion. 

I'm not trying to correct you or tell you what to do but is there something the LSPD can do to lessen this? In real life, house alarms or burglaries are most of the time investigated by regular law enforcement officers who speak with the owner if present, look for any signs of break-ins and then breach the house themself if they have reason to. Rarely have I seen tactical units roll up and breach. 

Edited by Tseard
Edited for clarification.
  • Upvote 2
On 3/31/2020 at 4:53 PM, Tseard said:

This is something that I've noticed happening every now and then, not speaking about one specific individual situation but more situations in the course of weeks.

House alarms or emergency calls for a break-in at a certain property is something not unusual on this server. Hell, even emergency calls from concerned citizens that spot suspicious behaviour. Whenever I notice a situation like that, a lot of officers respond which is very obvious, but what I have also noticed is that tactical teams are responding as well, in their full gear (BDU's, helmets, vests) and either stick around on scene or do an actual breach. And specifically at the last one I attended, even spike strips were laid out. In my opinion, this comes over very overkill and have heard from community members that they share the same opinion. 

I'm not trying to correct you or tell you what to do but is there something the LSPD can do to lessen this? In real life, house alarms or burglaries are most of the time investigated by regular law enforcement officers who speak with the owner if present, look for any signs of break-ins and then breach the house themself if they have reason to. Rarely have I seen tactical units roll up and breach. 

You share an interesting concern. I for one know that tactical teams either deploy due to knowing that specific address, they're within the vicinity or are available to respond due to lack of units. I personally am strict with constant deployments for Tactical teams because I personally would rather have patrol units handle and call in Tactical if need be, each situation is different and I cannot pin point anything specific that I have seen and I haven't corrected already or other Command+ have either. Regarding spike strips, I am unsure of this specific situation nor am I aware of such thing. If spike strips were deployed in front of a vehicle which is unoccupied and stationary in front of the "house alarm" then yes that is a concern and should be looked at. You do have to understand when nothing is reported we cannot deal with it as we are unaware of such thing. If there was a an "overkill" situation that you believe LSPD did do, feel free to contact me or any Command+ members and we can direct it to the correct person(s) to investigate. 

Department leadership is listed in this thread, feel free to contact the person you believe can handle your issue and we will investigate it. 

Edited by Christofo
  • Upvote 1

Yeah i agree with this. in my country the standard is to have private security respond to burglar alarms, even government properties.  Police only responds on request of the guard if they fear for their safety (Guards are always alone on the patrols here, cause private sector and costs $$$$) or the alarm is validated by the guard meaning a legitimate crime is plausible or highly likely to be taking place. this is cause irl burglar alarms go off 9 out of 10 times for no good reason, the PIRs are often calibrated wrong by technicians, or there's a spider/inspect on the sensor, extreme heat in the summer or even the sun glaring right into the sensor through a window. 

The only exception police responds to burglar alarms is when two or more zones are triggered (can be Passive Infrared Sensors, door magnets/detection, window detection etc. Two or more zones triggered means two or more of those security measures have been triggered which is kinda 99% ensurance that either a human/animal is inside

Then it is up to dispatch of the security agency to decide if cops respond with the guard to the alarm. This is usually dependant on internal protocol, instructions given by police or requested  by the property owner/manager. But even when cops are requested to the scene, it will NEVER be more than two patrol cars. I've had a legitimate burglary at night in the past at an indoor swimming pool where only a single cop responded and just the two of us went in, armed with one pistol and one torch

Property owners irl here can get a "Red flag" if cops were asked to respond too many times without it actually being a verified call, meaning the cops will not respond next time before the alarm has been verified by the guard even when several zones are triggered.

But hey truth be told no clue if anything of this is similar in California/USA since burglaries happen on a much larger scale there, and probably way more often!

Edited by Raindance
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic