Would you prefer Fantasy or Original cars.

vray

Would you prefer Fantasy or IRL cars  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, vray said:

Yet we have Iphone, Google Pixel, Samsung..

I think in the GTA world its perfectly possible to have both Domestic ((Lore based cars)) and Import cars ((IRL))..

I literally just saw a cop "pull out a S&W pair of cuffs"..,.

Then you also have weapons, people call it Makarov, kalasnikov, M4, etc.. All brands

Domestic cars would be nothing but Vapid, Declasse, Bravado, etc. No one's going to RP an Elegy Retro being an American car.

Guns are called as such because it's one of the few things in GTA lore that don't have precise names. The weapon manufacturers themselves are indeed stated ( https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Weapons_Manufacturers ), but people steer away from in-game weapon names because they're usually generic, such as: pistol, combat pistol, combat rifle, etc.

As for pretty much everything else, there's a ton of detail about various things in the GTA lore. Whether it's billboards, radio advertisements, or anything else the guys managing the gta wiki dig up. 

We all have to remember that we're roleplaying in Los Santos, not Los Angeles. We're in a fictional world so to speak, seeing cars that don't exist in real life shouldn't break your immersion in any way, and if it does, that's only your own fault. It's the same as doing roleplay in a sci-fi/fantasy setting and feeling unimmersed because, naturally, there's a bunch of fantasy elements that don't exist in real life. 

16 minutes ago, Gryffin said:

Domestic cars would be nothing but Vapid, Declasse, Bravado, etc. No one's going to RP an Elegy Retro being an American car.

Guns are called as such because it's one of the few things in GTA lore that don't have precise names. The weapon manufacturers themselves are indeed stated ( https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Weapons_Manufacturers ), but people steer away from in-game weapon names because they're usually generic, such as: pistol, combat pistol, combat rifle, etc.

As for pretty much everything else, there's a ton of detail about various things in the GTA lore. Whether it's billboards, radio advertisements, or anything else the guys managing the gta wiki dig up. 

We all have to remember that we're roleplaying in Los Santos, not Los Angeles. We're in a fictional world so to speak, seeing cars that don't exist in real life shouldn't break your immersion in any way, and if it does, that's only your own fault. It's the same as doing roleplay in a sci-fi/fantasy setting and feeling unimmersed because, naturally, there's a bunch of fantasy elements that don't exist in real life. 

The exact same can be said for your argument..

If you feel like real life cars break your immersion then thats your own fault..

You are not RPing GTA.. You are RPIng the real world.. From gangs to ethnicities, to business.

The only gangs in GTA are Grove, Ballas, Triads etc.

You guys pick and choose random arguments.. Its intellectual dishonesty to the fullest.

Taser is a brand also...

If a countries like Russia, China, Mexico exist. So do their brands.

Edited by vray

I don't get what you're saying, at all. 

Roleplay is roleplay, it's not an exact interpretation of real life because that's not what it's meant to be. I'm not roleplaying the real world, I'm roleplaying an interpretation of it, and this fictional world just so happens to have it's own lore. We only fill in the gaps where the lore(here's a drinking game: take a shot whenever I write 'lore') isn't exactly detailed.

I don't see how my arguments are random in any shape or form and I can say the same about your points. I perfectly understand where you're coming from, but you have to realise that roleplay does not equal reality to the fullest.

51 minutes ago, vray said:

Yet we have Iphone, Google Pixel, Samsung..

I think in the GTA world its perfectly possible to have both Domestic ((Lore based cars)) and Import cars ((IRL))..

I literally just saw a cop "pull out a S&W pair of cuffs"..,.

Then you also have weapons, people call it Makarov, kalasnikov, M4, etc.. All brands

People dont call it Combat Pistol, or Heavy Pistol or Vintage Pistol...

What do we call money? Dollars or simillions?

I doubt jewellers sell lore based watches...

Nicole simpson cant rap..

I want Justice!

In regards to the iPhone, Pixel, etc. In my opinion that was a mistake and we shouldn't be referencing this.

In terms of weapons, again I've always been against naming them certain things unless there's an agreement that the Assault Rifle is named an AK-47, etc. Otherwise as I said people always call it different things.

Dollar as used as they're called dollars IG, fairly simple.

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, Rukka said:

In regards to the iPhone, Pixel, etc. In my opinion that was a mistake and we shouldn't be referencing this.

In terms of weapons, again I've always been against naming them certain things unless there's an agreement that the Assault Rifle is named an AK-47, etc. Otherwise as I said people always call it different things.

Dollar as used as they're called dollars IG, fairly simple.

Honestly, the difference between weapons and vehicles is that there's a vehicle model in the game to spin-off a IRL model but for weapons there isn't. If there was 200+ weapons based on every model fair enough, I'd understand the weapon argument too.

I feel like I've seen this conversation before...

The best thing for now is wait for the admins to post the actual gtaw lore they've been working on the past year

Half of the community uses ingame brands and such, another half uses real life brands. Both are free to do whatever until we're actually placed on the same wavelenght

35 minutes ago, PaganFears said:

I feel like I've seen this conversation before...

The best thing for now is wait for the admins to post the actual gtaw lore they've been working on the past year

Half of the community uses ingame brands and such, another half uses real life brands. Both are free to do whatever until we're actually placed on the same wavelenght

It's been way less than a year (or even half a year really) but yes, it's something continuity management is going to tackle. 

Considering we now have mod support, we're aiming towards IG brands for cars. 

While some cars are practically replicas of real life counterparts, other vehicles are a mix of 3-4 real life models which is where player A might define the car as X and player B might define it as Y, the car is based on both so neither of them are wrong,which is why I prefer going for IG brands. 

I'll keep the discussion going but know that continuity management is heavily leaning towards IG brands for cars. 

Fantasy cars shouldn't be added to the game, the current lore cars are fine.

IF you really feel the need for the IRL cars then simply just roleplay the in game car to suit it's counter-part. AKA Retro Jester would be RP'd as a Toyota Supra etc

Adding fantasy cars will just add confusion, and isn't needed.

Edited by Jura