Would you prefer Fantasy or Original cars.

vray

Would you prefer Fantasy or IRL cars  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agree with the majority here - I think "lore friendly" cars make more sense to keep rather than adding real life ones. I have nothing against mixing the two if real life ones are added via mods, but I don't think the current cars we have should go anywhere. In fact I much prefer lore friendly cars, and mods adding in vanilla-styled cars, like the mod below, would fit in perfectly.
https://gtaforums.com/topic/886354-the-vanillaworks/

Edit: Your poll isn't very clear also, submitted a vote for "original" thinking it meant cars that are already in the game, but I'm not sure if it's what you meant.
Edit 2: Upon further thinking, I think mixing the two is a bad idea. Either keep it fully gta lore, or fully real, no mixing the two.

Edited by KarMagick
4 minutes ago, KarMagick said:

Agree with the majority here - I think "lore friendly" cars make more sense to keep rather than adding real life ones. I have nothing against mixing the two if real life ones are added via mods, but I don't think the current cars we have should go anywhere. In fact I much prefer lore friendly cars, and mods adding in vanilla-styled cars, like the mod below, would fit in perfectly.
https://gtaforums.com/topic/886354-the-vanillaworks/

The lore is based on the original,

again. This is not Lord of the Rings!

Anything made by a modder is not lore

Edited by vray
1 minute ago, vray said:

The lore is based on the original,

again. This is not Lord of the Rings!

Anything made by a modder is not lore

Have you even looked at the mod? All the cars are in the style of GTA 5, branded as the original cars, and honestly look like they've been a part of the game since release. I said "lore-friendly", not "cannon".

5 minutes ago, KarMagick said:

Have you even looked at the mod? All the cars are in the style of GTA 5, branded as the original cars, and honestly look like they've been a part of the game since release. I said "lore-friendly", not "cannon".

90% of their cars are 2 doors, I guess lore friendly includes the egotistical gta online player,

the cars that are made completely OG also are rather low poly it seems. I dont think it looks that great to be honest.

This literally looks 10x better and its a IRL car that doesnt stick out.

Edited by vray
Just now, vray said:

90% of their cars are 2 doors, I guess lore friendly includes the egotistical gta online player

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not every single car in that pack should be added, and there's plenty of four door options in there.
Besides, this was an example, me giving an example of vanilla-like vehicles, there's no need to call anybody egotistical because of that? I just think more variety would be nice.

6 minutes ago, vray said:

the cars that are made completely OG also are rather low poly it seems. I dont think it looks that great to be honest.

This literally looks 10x better and its a IRL car that doesnt stick out.

Immersion isn't about having the most high poly cars out there available for download - It's about having assets that don't mix and match in quality, having the same level of detail on all vehicles consists being immersive. And the mod's cars I linked above does just that. Immersion is completely broken when you suddenly add in a bunch of hyper realistic cars in that don't fit in with the rest. Besides, we want players to be able to keep playing without all having insane machines capable of running ridiculously high detail cars.

Lol of course not real cars? You change the cars you completely ruin the immersion and the whole server, this is GTAW, R* gave us whole world with street names, restaurants, clubs, cars, different firms, banks, insurance companies even details like phone brands and drinks even fucking bread and mayo are in the game, so bringing REAL LIFE stuff into the game is simply idiotic, yes I think adding REAL phones was very dumb, there's no damn OnePlus there's Badger, there's no iPhone there's iFruit, there's no Corona there's Cerveza Barracho. R* gave you everything on a plate and using real life stuff is just a big no no. Don't think why it's even ever discussed but that's the big downside of gtaw, mixing real life with gta v lore a lot and not using gta v lore to its full potential.

Edit: There's no damn Mercedes its Benefactor. 

Edited by Lance

I doubt that the people even installed the car mods made nowadays.

They dont RUIN immersion at all.

This is not SAMP

i think we might aswell remove the Baller 2 LE because it looks literally like the original

Edited by vray