Would you prefer Fantasy or Original cars.

vray

Would you prefer Fantasy or IRL cars  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, wicked iraheta said:

So does the fact that we're playing GTA 5 really mean that we're not allowed to portray things how we want to, simply because it screws with your immersion? Quite honestly, I think the 'continuity' rules are bullshit. I didn't join this server to roleplay GTA Online, I joined this server to roleplay a character, a human being, as if he/she was in the real world. I have no interest in playing Franklin Clinton from GTA 5 SP and if I did? I'd be playing SP.

I have honestly never made a public/formal complaint when someone uses a real life brand, simply because it's not worth the effort to argue with someone who will never see it objectively. I am simply pointing out the facts that this server has been established as GTA lore and by that logic, the information provided should be used if there are in-game counterparts. Frankly, I am not bothered by it either way because I'm not going to complain about something like that. I am simply here for discussion purposes based on fact, not opinion. The GTA Universe exists, it has been established that this server is within that universe and people should RP accordingly. 

Now if the server team wants to open that up and mix real life and in-character lore, I'd be all for it. I agree that the real world provides many more choices than just in-game lore. I feel this would open up a lot more discussion from both sides of the argument about IC/OOC information, but yes I agree that it would be far less restricting. Like I said, I'm not against what you're saying. Just pointing out that under the current circumstances, RP'ing real life counterparts when they exist as in-game brands is not right.

Edited by Kestalas

Honestly when it comes down to vehicles? Lore is the way because there’s a spin off for literally EVERYTHING. When it comes  to clothing, drinks, food, restaurants, weapons etc there’s simply not enough to combat a proper immersion imo. Honestly the only lore thing I’d stick to is vehicles, if it was enforced where every single little thing was to be rped lore only? You’re not only going to drastically lose 20-30% of the pb, but you’re going to have people simply just not following it. I, myself dont want my rp dictated and im sure others feel the same way. What’re you going to do? Ajail/Ban/Warn me because i didn’t rp Redwoods and instead rped Marlboro Reds, or because I rped Burger Shot as Burger King? That’s extremely petty. 

All in all, vehicles are the only thing to agree to having lore forced roleplay. 

Edited by midnight creepin
4 minutes ago, Kestalas said:

I have honestly never made a public/formal complain when someone uses a real life brand, simply because it's not worth the effort to argue with someone who will never see it objectively. I am simply pointing out the facts that this server has been established as GTA lore and by that logic, the information provided should be used if there are in-game counterparts. Frankly, I am not bothered by it either way because I'm not going to complain about something like that. I am simply here for discussion purposes based on fact, not opinion. The GTA Universe exists, it has been established that this server is within that universe and people should RP accordingly. 

There is literally nothing in the rules that states that. Nor did anybody say such a thing when this server was first established, all that was stated is that people should roleplay IG cars as their ingame counterparts because they've all got their own manufacturers etc, which I have no problem with. It becomes a problem to me when people try to restrict roleplay further by not only changing the names of the phones ingame (Which have been fine since they were implemented, really NO need to change them and I got no clue why it's even being discussed.. I've roleplayed drinking coronas for months aswell, and I'm honestly not about to stop now. I don't like having my RP dictated.

As I said before. Personally? I think this community has bigger issues to be discussing, not whether or not people are allowed to drink corona or pisswasser.

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised most people are content with restricting ourselves to limited lore w/ the sole intent of being comedic. It's based off real life entities with ridiculous naming to prevent copyright and licensing issues. I'm also sure actual branding would also not wish to concatenate their brand with a game such as GTA which is another reason they would choose to go this route. It doesn't mean the server has to. It's completely free to use the superior alternative. One that is much more dynamic.

On top of this, while it's already been said, it's completely true. Reality offers more variety, obviously. The user will be limited in choice of options if the server chooses to be restrictively centered around GTA and its fictional lore.

Presumably the intentions of this server is to echo a reality as similarly and accurately parallel to the real world. Yet we want to base the worlds entities off comedic and limited branding that isn't even meant to be taken seriously. If you want consistency, ditch this idea. Stop trying to restrict players to this garbage. It's not meant to be taken literal. I'm fairly certain R* would have even used real life naming conventions for the most part had the factors above not needed to be taken into account.

I'm personally content with cars being identified virtually to how it exists now. While though it shouldn't cause an outcry if someone chooses to refer to their vehicle by what it's inspired and predominately based around. Only so long as the players purpose isn't to sell the vehicle. Just to avoid any potential confusion for someone who may not exactly be car savvy.

Everything else though, in relation to:

• drinks, clothing and apparel alike, and cigarettes

for example should be considered acceptable. We aren't in the 40's/50's where only Camels, Chesterfields and Luckies existed.

There is no "continuity" or consistency between fiction and non fiction. It is honestly a major waste of time. I agree. Stop dictating and limiting what players are allowed to role play. I'd personally much rather have more access to a dramatically larger array of branding and other commodities in general than the little bit that the game itself consists of. 

Edited by 1357
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

LORE cars are the only option. How the hell are you going to explain a Bravado Gauntlet and Dodge Challenger at the same time?

And your choice of words to use... Fantasy and Original, so perculiar lmao.

There is a big lack of hatchbacks and middleclass 4 door sedans, i think a good looking IRL car compensates for the fact that you cant mod it.

First of all, that's a shit compensation. Totally wack. Furthermore, that problem can be fixed with lore mods. The same way you want to fix it. It was LITERALLY improved upon in the latest server-side mod update. Torrence, anyone?

Finally, real car mods take up more resources than lore friendly mods due to their complexity/details. It's literally worse in every way.

Edited by Marksman

honestly the cars have too much detail put into them for them to be RPed as anything else. the cars mimic real life ones with their logos plastered all over the place. it's not exactly feasible to roleplay real life cars UNLESS the server management and developers decided to scrape together hundreds upon hundreds of vehicle models that are from the real world, which doesn't seem likely at all