Would you prefer Fantasy or Original cars.

vray

Would you prefer Fantasy or IRL cars  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Jura said:

Fantasy cars shouldn't be added to the game, the current lore cars are fine.

IF you really feel the need for the IRL cars then simply just roleplay the in game car to suit it's counter-part. AKA Retro Jester would be RP'd as a Toyota Supra etc

Adding fantasy cars will just add confusion, and isn't needed.

I think they are referring to fantasy cars as the Lore Friendly ones dude. As they are made up brands "fantasy brands" not IRL ones.

There is so many really good mods out there. Now that we have the possibilities to mod the server, it will be a really sad thing if we aren't using them to add more variety to the server... I really hope we will be adding more... I'm sure we have good enough people here that will be able to change the "Ford" "BMW" or what ever sign on the mod to the "lore-friendly" equivalent. That way, we stay in the lore and we add more cars...

For example, I remember seeing someone changing the "Ford" sign on the Crown Victoria to a "Vapid" one, since the Vapid Stanier is pretty much the equivalent here.

3 hours ago, Mytrix said:

There is so many really good mods out there. Now that we have the possibilities to mod the server, it will be a really sad thing if we aren't using them to add more variety to the server... I really hope we will be adding more... I'm sure we have good enough people here that will be able to change the "Ford" "BMW" or what ever sign on the mod to the "lore-friendly" equivalent. That way, we stay in the lore and we add more cars...

For example, I remember seeing someone changing the "Ford" sign on the Crown Victoria to a "Vapid" one, since the Vapid Stanier is pretty much the equivalent here.

You'll find that IRL modded cars are locked by the author which stops people modifying them further, unless a fee is paid for the rights to modify it.

Edited by JayO
On 8/8/2019 at 2:19 PM, Jura said:

AKA Retro Jester would be RP'd as a Toyota Supra etc

I think the point @Ethanol wanted to get across is that we shouldn't be doing this due to continuity errors and breaking immersion for those who see the Jester as a Jester

21 hours ago, Brian said:

Forced mods of RL cars - no. 

RPing cars are real models - yes. 

I don't know what's the problem with 'Immersion breaking' because quite honestly it's contrary. 

I mean, if I see a hellfire and someone is RPing it as a Hellcat, I won't change my RP for them. It's a hellfire, not a hellcat. Period.