Would you prefer Fantasy or Original cars.

vray

Would you prefer Fantasy or IRL cars  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, vray said:

I rather drive the original then some offbrand.

The engine can handle rendering these cars and they look good. This is not samp where you had to choose between immersion and realism..
Where you had PS4 cars in a PS2 world.

86a5ee-GTA5%2023-01-2019%2017-37-58-597.

c0ba7a-GTA5%202015-12-25%2001-31-52-99.p

d7649a-0_167ced_b5244511_orig.jpg

e9caa8-GTA5%202016-06-29%2022-51-37-35.j

Go drive originals on Forza Horizon 4 then. Maybe engine can handle rendering, but have you even played on the server? It crashes like 20x/day and adding some useless mods of real cars would be the dumbest thing to do. Anyway, not sure what this poll is for, it's not happening, simply not.

DIJZyBc.png

nice pics btw, loving the originals.

Congratulations. The rest of us wouldn't. Done deal, Bye Felicia!

Literally this.

Edited by Lance
4 minutes ago, vray said:

I rather drive the original then some offbrand.

The engine can handle rendering these cars and they look good. This is not samp where you had to choose between immersion and realism..
Where you had PS4 cars in a PS2 world.

86a5ee-GTA5%2023-01-2019%2017-37-58-597.

c0ba7a-GTA5%202015-12-25%2001-31-52-99.p

d7649a-0_167ced_b5244511_orig.jpg

e9caa8-GTA5%202016-06-29%2022-51-37-35.j

You're constantly just back to cars cars cars, there's a whole world layed out by Rockstar for us to use, premade brands, billboards for said brands, ads of all kinds for those brands, but nooooo, your selfish ass just wants his god damn Mercedes. Go play FiveM, seriously dude. We've been telling you immersion is about not mixing real life with the game, either use one or the other, not both, and you keep going on and on and on and on about car quality. Don't come here asking for people's opinions if you can't accept the fact others have a different one to yours.

/thread

Thing is, most of cars are based not just one original but rather two or several. Which is why a Baller may resemble a Range Rover, but infact it's a mix of two or more actual brands. Which makes them kinda unique and original right? Original to GTA settings right?

For instance the newly introduced Obey 8F Drafter is infact a mix of Audi RS5, BMW M4 and Ford Falcon. It's not based on just single car, no GTA car is based on just one brand when it comes to design. Simply cause they cannot be. So they are original. I wouldn't eb against using actual irl brands IG, but then we would have to rename Los Santos to Los Angeles.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1

I see no reason why anyone should be referencing any kind of brand in the real world. You are given brands of vehicles, company names, beer brands, cigarette brands, etc all created by Rockstar and referenced in the game already. If anything, mixing these brands with real brands would ruin the immersion in my opinion. I do hate it when people reference their vehicles as "BMW" etc. Why? As said above, we already have the brands on top of the fact if you start doing that now nobody knows what to call your vehicle as everyone roleplays them different brands.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, vray said:

No "the smart mans" choice is squinting your eyes hard enough to  maybe recognize the original

You aren't meant to be doing this though, you are meant to be seeing that car as a Benefactor Schafter not a Mercedes E-Class, thus no need to squint your eyes to "see the original".

I'll keep the lore we've got though as we can do more with it, that and we've already been rping living with Los Santos for ages, it'd make literally no sense and would certainly kill any immersion there is.

I also don't see a point in calling that Jester a Supra.. or Ubermacht a BMW.. I'm also going to keep the lore that GTA has so there is less confusion because last thing I want is three people calling one car a different car from IRL. Just stick to the lore.

52 minutes ago, Rukka said:

I see no reason why anyone should be referencing any kind of brand in the real world. You are given brands of vehicles, company names, beer brands, cigarette brands, etc all created by Rockstar and referenced in the game already. If anything, mixing these brands with real brands would ruin the immersion in my opinion. I do hate it when people reference their vehicles as "BMW" etc. Why? As said above, we already have the brands on top of the fact if you start doing that now nobody knows what to call your vehicle as everyone roleplays them different brands. 

Yet we have Iphone, Google Pixel, Samsung..

I think in the GTA world its perfectly possible to have both Domestic ((Lore based cars)) and Import cars ((IRL))..

I literally just saw a cop "pull out a S&W pair of cuffs"..,.

Then you also have weapons, people call it Makarov, kalasnikov, M4, etc.. All brands

People dont call it Combat Pistol, or Heavy Pistol or Vintage Pistol...

What do we call money? Dollars or simillions?

I doubt jewellers sell lore based watches...

Nicole simpson cant rap..

I want Justice!

Edited by vray