Would you prefer Fantasy or Original cars.

vray

Would you prefer Fantasy or IRL cars  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, vray said:

I doubt that the people even installed the car mods made nowadays.

They dont RUIN immersion at all.

This is not SAMP

i think we might aswell remove the Baller 2 LE because it looks literally like the original

I am sorry but I lose brain cells reading your comments and this post itself. It's similar to the original so what? It's Baller, only acceptable vehicle mods are lore friendly ones and they do ruin immersion, adding real cars is literally what ruining immersion means. If you want to have real life cars, go ahead, change Los Santos to Los Angeles, drive your beloved Mercedez, stop using Facebrowser and go create a Facebook account for your character, easy. But if you start mixing gta lore with real life brands you need to change EVERYTHING, then it's not immersion breaking, it would be a real life roleplay, we live in LA, drive Mercedez, work in idk Fedex or whatever. I was like you, I loved servers that had a lot of real life mods, but then I tried to use my brain and realized that having real cars in virtual gta v is pissing on immersion and ruining everything. Once again, you're given everything so use it, if you don't like it go play FiveM, they have a lot of servers with real cars you'll like it.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
15 minutes ago, vray said:

I doubt that the people even installed the car mods made nowadays.

They dont RUIN immersion at all.

This is not SAMP

i think we might aswell remove the Baller 2 LE because it looks literally like the original

Why even ask for people's opinions if you're just gonna shit on them as soon as they post theirs?

6 minutes ago, Lance said:

I am sorry but I lose brain cells reading your comments and this post itself. It's similar to the original so what? It's Baller, only acceptable vehicle mods are lore friendly ones and they do ruin immersion, adding real cars is literally what ruining immersion means. If you want to have real life cars, go ahead, change Los Santos to Los Angeles, drive your beloved Mercedez, stop using Facebrowser and go create a Facebook account for your character, easy. But if you start mixing gta lore with real life brands you need to change EVERYTHING, then it's not immersion breaking, it would be a real life roleplay, we live in LA, drive Mercedez, work in idk Fedex or whatever. I was like you, I loved servers that had a lot of real life mods, but then I tried to use my brain and realized that having real cars in virtual gta v is pissing on immersion and ruining everything. Once again, you're given everything so use it, if you don't like it go play FiveM, they have a lot of servers with real cars you'll like it. 

How is stuff you immediately recognize as familiar immersion breaking.. No "the smart mans" choice is squinting your eyes hard enough to  maybe recognize the original... PASSING it for original.. The mental gymnastics are unreal.

Edited by vray
5 minutes ago, Lance said:

Exactly, immersion is about consistency, either have it ALL real life, or ALL lore friendly. Not mix of both.

Edit: immersion not lore on the second word

Edited by KarMagick

I love how you manipulated the poll and called the original lore-friendly cars as FANTASY. For someone who doesn't read the whole thread, it looks like Original cars mean GTA cars and fantasy cars as some imagined modders ideas.

PS: IT should be called:
-Lore cars.

-Real-life cars.

Edited by SilverWolf
2 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

I love how you manipulated the poll and called the original lore-friendly cars as FANTASY. For someone who doesn't read the whole thread, it looks like Original cars mean GTA cars and fantasy cars as some imagined modders ideas.

PS: IT should be called:
-Lore cars.

-Real-life cars.

Yeah, fucked my vote cause of it.

18 minutes ago, vray said:

How is stuff you immediately recognize as familiar immersion breaking.. No "the smart mans" choice is squinting your eyes hard enough to  maybe recognize the original... PASSING it for original.. The mental gymnastics are unreal.

Because it is immersion breaking. All you talk about is cars, there's much more to it than the cars, there's the whole virtual world at your disposal and you just want to drive a Mercedez. Once again, if you want a Mercedez that bad, just find a server that RPs as LA not LS. Here, this is a tiny part of what you're given and it's still not enough:

45550452574_601d30a22f_h.jpg

latest?cb=20171218193930

latest?cb=20160409171730

6608-GTA5-2015-12-29-18-10-49-12.jpg

Edited by Lance
  • Thanks 1

I rather drive the original then some offbrand.

The engine can handle rendering these cars and they look good. This is not samp where you had to choose between immersion and realism..
Where you had PS4 cars in a PS2 world.

86a5ee-GTA5%2023-01-2019%2017-37-58-597.

c0ba7a-GTA5%202015-12-25%2001-31-52-99.p

d7649a-0_167ced_b5244511_orig.jpg

e9caa8-GTA5%202016-06-29%2022-51-37-35.j

Edited by vray