GTA 5 won't start.

Kimberly

Went through this A LOT, but not in Singleplayer as well.

The reason for me was a memory leak, basically. I had to close up applications that ate a lot of memory in order to get the game launched after the RageMP launcher. What you can do is open your task manager and look at the 'Details' tab. Search GTA V and if you don't see it going over 105-108k bits, then you're having the same issue as me. It has to jump over 110k bits in order to launch thus you will need to close some stuff up and then you can re-open it as soon as your game launched, and loaded into the loading screen. ( Alt tabbing in the loading screen is a BAD idea!!! )

I have to mention his also has a 70% success rate. If it crashes again then repeat trying to launch the game a few times.

You should also completely check you HAVE updated your graphics drivers, turn off your antivirus when you launch GTA with Rage ( The Antivirus built in Windows 10, also eats A LOT of memory. Just turn it on after launching your game. )

Let me how how this serves you, @Humour @Kimberly

Edited by ImRenix

I downgraded my rig to Windows 7 to be able to play SAMP without the lagging, that works. I still haven't found a way to get back on to GTA5. I've had firewalls disabled, and tried basically everything in this thread. 

Edited by Kimberly

@Kimberly

If you're still interested in playing, I may have a solution for you I tried with a friend who had a very similar problem where we tried absolutely every possible option and combinations of options.

Add me on Discord xanx#0001 and I'll solve it for you step by step. If it works with you, I'll post the solution to the problem on the forums.