Police should have non-scripted income.

vray

I think if were gonna move to non scriptable jobs. I think police and FD should strictly get paid by Sales tax going to the government. Everybody is dirt poor struggling but you have Police offduty driving Neon's and shit.

Edited by vray

Aside from that, the FD has rules against driving cars that are over roughly 100k, at least when attending FD related events such as driving to the station etc, because they don't find that realistic for their firefighters.

It's not realistic for the LSPD female high ranks to look like 17 year old teenagers but that's what it is & they are easily more qualified than Steve McGarrett from Hawaii Five-O at the age of 34. Instead of focusing on developing what they were assigned to to they flood Facebrowser with pictures on the beach in bikini and driving bikes and stuff. 

FYI: FD paycheck is in the form of 20-25k for 20 playing hours every week, I doubt PD is much higher, its nothing impressive. 

Edited by zaXer.

Guess this is again a case of a thread being created before the point is investigated.

Any issues with specific individuals within PD/FD not portraying their character to a good standard given their rank and income etc can be reported to both FM and PLM as has been reiterated a thousand times.

Budget cuts happened a couple months ago, not sure if it was made news headlines but hey ho. They get less than what they used to.

• Applaud 1
On 8/5/2019 at 9:58 AM, vray said:

I think if were gonna move to non scriptable jobs. I think police and FD should strictly get paid by Sales tax going to the government. Everybody is dirt poor struggling but you have Police offduty driving Neon's and shit.

We underwent a heavy pay cut recently as it is. I can speak for the FD here when I say this;

We get asset checked every month, if our assets are too high and we have no RPly reason to own such assets then we are forwarded for a PLM report. Everything we buy has to go through Command and approved with a proper RP explanation as to why we would own such things. 

Our pay checks are weekly, starting at 30k a week for 20 hours and a 5k increase with every rank you get promoted to. 

You'll find MANY people doing more than the 20 hours required for nothing, purely because we enjoy the RP. Personally I can rack up 80 hours a week no problem whilst only being paid for 20. If I was on a normal hourly rate at $700 I'd be making way more than I currently get paid. 

If you're dirt poor then try a different line of work or put more time in. You get paid for the time that you do. 

Edit: People still drive about in expensive cars from the OLD paycheck system. Hence the rework of the pay system for PD and FD.

Edited by JayO