Illegal Roleplay

Roulette

1 minute ago, Shmoe said:

But also you have to consider that there is a majority that just do robbing-chains with minimal rp just for in-game items. 

Discussion wouldn't even be necessary for those as that's against the rules. Nothing to even discuss there. I'm sure admins are aware of who's robbing for the greater good of the server and who's robbing for their own selfish gain.

31 minutes ago, Mantle said:

If I'm roleplaying today and my characters best friend gets killed the night before. I'm going to roleplay the affects of that on him accordingly. If my character is outside his home, reflecting on everything and some random guy comes up talking shit... my character would DEFINITELY react differently to how someone who is living a normal life, stress free. You really cannot paint every character under the same brush and this is where I'm in agreement with @1357.

Losing those who are close to a character or are meaningful to a characters development is not nearly as existent as it should be. It's essentially a missing quality of role play which has been so since the beginning of gta related servers. The problem lies within people who figuratively believe it is entirely impossible to improve on what we've become accustomed to for so many years and only in a perfect world can we attempt better ideas. It's very closed minded and we treat and perceive it as if it's an unimaginable science.

People may read the above and be quick to assume i'm advocating all deaths to be permanent but that's not necessarily true. For starters, i most certainly and personally believe the few servers alike to ours in the sense both are on Grand Theft Auto, which have approached this concept in attempts to make it work, did so poorly, which led to it not working and also leading people to think this way. It's understandable, to an extent.

Secondly, i also believe that the Rules of Engagement should reverse back to how it worked in the past with additional adjustments.

It seemingly imposed character kills in faction wars on death, but subsequently was put back to PK centric deaths. The problem with this is, players are shooting at others and committing illicit activities or simply put crime, without taking their characters life or other non lethal consequences into consideration, such as prison and jail time. This is leading to all the fun without the risk that should be attached to it. From my perspective, this conclusively encourages poorly thought out attacks and character actions in general. Finding ways to induce the adrenaline rush in players who wish to perform acts that are otherwise dangerous.

There's already been multiple people who have confirmed and said the same thing in layman's terms. With how prevalent crime is on the server, to balance it out requires more imposed risk and improve on police to have a more meaningful presence to counter act and effectively combat the crime. It's something that should be handled in character by all means possible, but instead mainly enforced around rules that players are restrictively bound to. 

Gang beefs should be entertained on a higher level. There's a whole different world of gang role play and in general role play that is missing because deaths and risk are non existent. Only once people are ready to stop treating the server as cops and robbers and are willing to experience something new for once can any idea on a similar level come to fruition. If that means a few players lost then so be it, but that's only implying it's impossible to find a medium to appeal mostly everyone, similar to how it is now. 

The server is still so young that it's not too late to change its direction and carefully experiment. I say carefully because everything should of course be treated as presumptive as possible.

7 hours ago, Mantle said:

I agree with you but I think the current faction system holds it back. In my opinion, you shouldn't need to apply to post a faction thread. I've never seen that on another server and I'm not exactly sure the reasoning behind it on here but for me and everyone in our Discord, we WANT to show our roleplay as a gang/group/faction on the forums to other people but we literally can't until an application is accepted (which is currently closed?) which in turn really demotivates some of the members. 

I would love to see it moved towards everyone can post a thread (as the good ones will be the ones who garner support regardless). Those with good content over a period of time would THEN need to apply to become official. That's the only time an application would be necessary. Besides, from my own experience and another person I know, the current applications take 4+ weeks to get processed. Really just not an efficient way of doing things in my opinion, at least if the goal is to promote gang and/or faction activity.  

Maybe a more experienced member, an admin or someone from faction management can chime in and give their two cents as to why the current method is used.

this

10 hours ago, Mantle said:

I agree with you but I think the current faction system holds it back. In my opinion, you shouldn't need to apply to post a faction thread. I've never seen that on another server and I'm not exactly sure the reasoning behind it on here but for me and everyone in our Discord, we WANT to show our roleplay as a gang/group/faction on the forums to other people but we literally can't until an application is accepted (which is currently closed?) which in turn really demotivates some of the members.

I would love to see it moved towards everyone can post a thread (as the good ones will be the ones who garner support regardless). Those with good content over a period of time would THEN need to apply to become official. That's the only time an application would be necessary. Besides, from my own experience and another person I know, the current applications take 4+ weeks to get processed. Really just not an efficient way of doing things in my opinion, at least if the goal is to promote gang and/or faction activity.  

Maybe a more experienced member, an admin or someone from faction management can chime in and give their two cents as to why the current method is used.

The reason for applications is quality control and dedication. If you go through an application means you already have a plan and dedication to go through with it. Without this process we would have a new faction every day with low effort ideas and low effort rp. After Los Santos Crime Family disbanded I have seen many Italian-American characters and heard rumours of many trying to set up another Italian faction, but most of them honestly seem like meme characters and have no idea what they are doing. Now this might be due to their lack of knowledge on the rp. 

But that is the point of this application process, the people who have the knowledge to pull off what they are trying to do they get to start their own faction and then these people who might not have the best knowledge or ability to rp that kind of thing they can join and receive help of these leaders to improve their RP and knowledge on the subject. 

Not everyone is capable of leading a faction and it's not a bad thing, people should just join existing factions and try them out before saying they want to create their own.

18 hours ago, Mantle said:

I agree with you but I think the current faction system holds it back. In my opinion, you shouldn't need to apply to post a faction thread

100% - Showcasing your faction should not be limited, system is extremely flawed.

15 hours ago, 1357 said:

There's applications because management isn't willing to accept any factions which may base themselves around gangs that otherwise does not exist in South Central or within an LA esque environment in general. Basically, factions are limited to what would only realistically exist in Greater Los Angeles.

Reason why we miss out on many great factions, there's no variety at all, in 6 years we had like 25% Bikers, 25% Italians, 40% generic black gangs and 10% of Asian. Random percentages but that's what it seems like to me.

17 hours ago, Mazikeen said:

You just login, you cycle around for a couple of minutes, nothing going on you /q. This becomes a routine, like something normal. 

15 hours ago, 1357 said:

Maybe this doesn't apply to everyone, but it certainly does for me and for that it made me giggle. It's difficult to come across any organic role play without having to venture outside of where for example a certain character would frequently inhabit for the sake of creating nonsensical role play.

This is frequent and it applies to a good amount of people, at least the ones I interact with, it's normal, add myself to the list as well, that happened SO often, when I log on, either drive around, realize there's nothing and log of or I log on, crash after 3 minutes and quit.

16 hours ago, HaveADream said:

I'd like to see much less illegal roleplay in general.

Ratio should be 70% legal 30% illegal or something around that, legal RP should be normal and illegal RP should be quite rare or happen in certain parts of the city. But legal RP is boring, I've heard ''Damn imma ck and make illegal char its so boring'' more often than I should've. And at this point, even legal RP is leaning towards illegal side of things since everyone owns a gun nowadays.

Some people ask for more illegal RP, others for more legal, I'll toss my 2 cents;

Legal RP is scarce although on a stroll around one could argue the opposite. Compared to other servers (have in mind, GRAND THEFT AUTO servers) the ratio of illegal roleplayers is quite higher than here. The issue is that "legit" legal roleplayers are really low. Instead of the regular bar owner you'd expect, he secretly runs a death squad that will drive you out of the lane and kill you with high caliber assault rifles, and the same with the vast majority of "legal" roleplayers who aren't different from the average mallrat strain we all know.

Concerning illegal RP, I guess I have less to say about it and for the good. My biggest concern was some factions, specifically some gangs, needing to chill their shit down and seems like they did so it's all better now.

1 hour ago, Lance said:

100% - Showcasing your faction should not be limited, system is extremely flawed.

Reason why we miss out on many great factions, there's no variety at all, in 6 years we had like 25% Bikers, 25% Italians, 40% generic black gangs and 10% of Asian. Random percentages but that's what it seems like to me.

This is frequent and it applies to a good amount of people, at least the ones I interact with, it's normal, add myself to the list as well, that happened SO often, when I log on, either drive around, realize there's nothing and log of or I log on, crash after 3 minutes and quit.

Ratio should be 70% legal 30% illegal or something around that, legal RP should be normal and illegal RP should be quite rare or happen in certain parts of the city. But legal RP is boring, I've heard ''Damn imma ck and make illegal char its so boring'' more often than I should've. And at this point, even legal RP is leaning towards illegal side of things since everyone owns a gun nowadays.

There will always be issues, system will be absolute limitation and none existant until we get public IFM, at the current state of IFM activity and things they can do it's pretty much like we don't have it. IFM is not much bothered about the State of the illegal roleplay as most of them don't even get to play for more than an hour. That ends up in interior roleplay anyway most of the time. Eyebrows have tried to do her best but she gets limited as fuck, even by Caporegime if he is chosen to be the ruling head when ever something goes down between factions. 

Public IFM can literally improve the servers illegal roleplay 10x times as least. 

Gang roleplay around South Central is literally only gun pulling and instant shooting at any given time with super RARE exceptions. Not to mention that people won't roleplay any fear or emotions and go to loot bodies like its Rust to get as little as knife.

Further on issues relies in the fact that current suppliers starting from about 2 or maybe even 3 months ago been only staff. Who are inactive AS FUCK, if hour or less is considered activity 3 days a week then sorry but maybe you should step it off as people can't even get engaged with the faction through IC manners, and it has to be arranged OOC or you have to sit more than 12 hours a day to hopefully meet someone. 

Next issue within illegal roleplay is the fact that these suppliers who're also staff and should know the best sell the guns that they get either for free in one of the cases but I don't want to point fingers. For 20k min when they get them for 8k. That's where comes the looting for guns as it's forced upon the best of illegal roleplayers. 

I will update this some time later. As I got to dip.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, shiroq said:

The reason for applications is quality control and dedication. If you go through an application means you already have a plan and dedication to go through with it. Without this process we would have a new faction every day with low effort ideas and low effort rp. After Los Santos Crime Family disbanded I have seen many Italian-American characters and heard rumours of many trying to set up another Italian faction, but most of them honestly seem like meme characters and have no idea what they are doing. Now this might be due to their lack of knowledge on the rp. 

But that is the point of this application process, the people who have the knowledge to pull off what they are trying to do they get to start their own faction and then these people who might not have the best knowledge or ability to rp that kind of thing they can join and receive help of these leaders to improve their RP and knowledge on the subject. 

Not everyone is capable of leading a faction and it's not a bad thing, people should just join existing factions and try them out before saying they want to create their own.

Bet a lot of people are gona have dedication after theyre application doesn't get them anywhere for a month, right. 

Why does fm have to slave off viewing threads, discussing between eachother which might take days since I believe they have a life of their own with work n all, and responding WHEN they could simply lock and archive a faction if they don't stick up to the standards. The majority of us come from the same servers where we're able to open any faction we want at any time. Obviously their  worked out for years, still up and running. So why not use the same technique, it's always easier to click a few buttons than to discuss the same thing over and over again for hours, correct? 

• Upvote 1