Reduced pavement pollution mod.

JustAnM43

23 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

The trash isn't in the roads. Like I said earlier and like you (hopefully) read, this mod removes RNG generated piece of rebar, massive bricks, bottles and general trash in PARKING LOTS that would have been occupied and cleaned frequently since people park in them a lot. This doesn't remove any trash off the roads. I don't know about you, but last time I drove around town, I didn't have to dodge pieces of rebar, crowbars and bricks. You don't have to "drive like a maniac" in parking lots to flip your car. Like I said, these bits are RNG generated and have no use other than damaging your car when you're trying to park cause the devs thought it would be funny to throw them all over where you wouldn't see them.

I have never experienced the randomy generated dynamic junk to actually affect the vehicle. You can drive over them without any problem, they'll just break upon contact. They do not flip your car either, they have never damaged my vehicles a single bit. I think you're overexaggerating a lot here.

Also.....

.......what crowbars?

Edit: As we see, the clutter infact barely affects the vehicle, breaks easy and makes the alleyway look not-so-empty-and-ghosty. Only exception to the first two is the wheel, but that's quite realistic and they don't spawn all that often, if at all, outside of alleyways. 

https://streamable.com/bvxko

Edited by Rekhoem
2 hours ago, Rekhoem said:

I have never experienced the randomy generated dynamic junk to actually affect the vehicle. You can drive over them without any problem, they'll just break upon contact. They do not flip your car either, they have never damaged my vehicles a single bit. I think you're overexaggerating a lot here.

Also.....

.......what crowbars?

Edit: As we see, the clutter infact barely affects the vehicle, breaks easy and makes the alleyway look not-so-empty-and-ghosty. Only exception to the first two is the wheel, but that's quite realistic and they don't spawn all that often, if at all, outside of alleyways. 

https://streamable.com/bvxko

The video you sent is literally an alleyway with 3+ garages in a residential area where you'd have people actively cleaning and keeping the garage way clear. Who in their right mind would go "oh there's bricks outside my garage that can damage my vehicle when pulling out, no worries!" No idea what to tell you if you think that a bunch of litter and bricks that would have never been there bring "life to the city."

10 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

The video you sent is literally an alleyway with 3+ garages in a residential area where you'd have people actively cleaning and keeping the garage way clear. Who in their right mind would go "oh there's bricks outside my garage that can damage my vehicle when pulling out, no worries!" No idea what to tell you if you think that a bunch of litter and bricks that would have never been there bring "life to the city."

Let me tell you why people wouldn't clean it up:

+People are lazy.

+It's a side alley in shopping district. This means that people, especially youthers, will litter in the area, especially in the alleyways, because they're lazy, think littering is cool, don't give two shits about the environment and/or those who live there or because they just want to feel themselves confirmed by breaking the law (of littering.)

+If anything, people will not discard of the stuff in a proper manner. What happens, would, if anything at all, be the following:

James says "Hm. Those bricks could damage my vehicle."
James takes the bricks and tosses them aside, most likely against a wall or infront of someone else's garage. He's an egoistic fuck and never really liked neighbour Jim either, so the latter is most likely. He is too lazy to load the bricks in his car, drive to the local recycling center and discard of them in a proper manner. So he will just toss them aside without really cleaning the place.

James says "Yes, now I can move. Fuck everyone else."

And now, a few pictures straight out of residential areas in los angeles.

Los_Angeles_Skid_Row.jpg
1.jpg

IMG_1820.JPG

Edited by Rekhoem
7 minutes ago, Rekhoem said:

+People are lazy.

+It's a side alley in shopping district. This means that people, especially youthers, will litter in the area, especially in the alleyways, because they're lazy, think littering is cool, don't give two shits about the environment and/or those who live there or because they just want to feel themselves confirmed by breaking the law (of littering.)

+If anything, people will not discard of the stuff in a proper manner. What happens, would, if anything at all, be the following:

And now, a few pictures straight out of residential areas in los angeles.

Los_Angeles_Skid_Row.jpg
1.jpg

IMG_1820.JPG

Ah, yes. Let's introduce photos that are in low end areas of Los Angeles, especially the second one. Let's make sure we involve a photo of tents which is probably a protest or a homeless camp or some sort of event. It's super nice how you included Skid Row of all the places, that houses 5.000-8.000 homeless people. Quick reminder though. Hawick is middle/upper class neighborhood with pools and well maintained grass and hedges. Alley right next to them would have been realistically clean since people like property value, because who doesn't love money reselling a property! Research the photos before you post them next time, you'll have a stronger argument. I rest my case.

This has become such a shitfest. We get it, you believe people are naturally lazy and don't care about cleanliness and you'll fight over that on a topic that is suggesting to add a mod that only gets rid of unrealistic pieces of junk that can affect performance and do affect the immersion for various characters.

This thread isn't here to discuss what you think is wrong with humanity, this thread is here to bring up a mod that gets rid of junk where it wouldn't exist & I've already explained this point & posted pictures earlier. 

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Ah, yes. Let's introduce photos that are in low end areas of Los Angeles, especially the second one. Let's make sure we involve a photo of tents which is probably a protest or a homeless camp or some sort of event. It's super nice how you included Skid Row of all the places, that houses 5.000-8.000 homeless people. Quick reminder though. Hawick is middle/upper class neighborhood with pools and well maintained grass and hedges. Alley right next to them would have been realistically clean since people like property value, because who doesn't love money reselling a property! Research the photos before you post them next time, you'll have a stronger argument. I rest my case.

Hawick's in no way upper class. It's middle and lower-middle class, and serves as a mixed residential-commercial district to said middle and lower-middle class.

Additionally, my other arguments still stand. I'll recite them incase you overlooked them.

+People are lazy.

James says "Hm. Those bricks could damage my vehicle."
     James takes the bricks and tosses them aside, most likely against a wall or infront of someone else's garage. He's an egoistic fuck and never      really liked neighbour Jim either, so the latter is most likely. He is too lazy to load the bricks in his car, drive to the local recycling center and discard of them in a proper manner. So he will just toss them aside without really cleaning the place.

James says "Yes, now I can move. Fuck everyone else."

1 minute ago, Gryffin said:

This has become such a shitfest. We get it, you believe people are naturally lazy and don't care about cleanliness and you'll fight over that on a topic that is suggesting to add a mod that only gets rid of unrealistic pieces of junk that can affect performance and do affect the immersion for various characters.

This thread isn't here to discuss what you think is wrong with humanity, this thread is here to bring up a mod that gets rid of junk where it wouldn't exist & I've already explained this point & posted pictures earlier. 

My point is to not add the mod, not what is wrong with humanity. Or, if the mod gets added at all, modify it in a way that only those areas that are actually cleaned through e.g. scripted jobs appear clean.

4 minutes ago, Gryffin said:

It was already explained many times that this only gets rid of unrealistic pieces of trash that exist in unrealistic areas. Again, I really have no idea what you're complaining about.

Then what's the definition of unrealistic trash in unrealistic areas here? When taking a look at the mod's page, it shows industrial areas which would be realistically be heavily polluted. and gives no explaination of what areas exactly are being rid of what, only "all the large pieces of garbage from alleys and parking lots."

Like I said. If this can be done through a scripted job that results in the job affected area being clean for X days this would be fine by me. But if it just permanently removes things that are part of the atmosphere for a reason, then I'm absolutely not fine with this.

Edited by Rekhoem