Reduced pavement pollution mod.

JustAnM43

26 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

H E L L    N O   !

Leave the trash alone. More the merrier. Beauty is in the details. Of course if it can be done area by area then why not.

If it could be done area wise, that would be pretty solid, cause Los Santos definitely has some areas that need cleaning up because they're in high end areas that would definitely be regularly cleaned.

17 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

I like trash teh way it is, it adds to the immersion, dont delete map details for useless stuff just because someone doesnt like a bottle in a parking lot.

Keep in mind that the server has limited space for mods and there's much more useful stuff out there than this.

Did you even read the suggestion? How is this "useless stuff?" Some areas in LS are filled with trash where they realistically wouldn't be and it kills off immersion. Like Tr1bal said, would be better to have it zone by done so it removes trash from the areas that would be regularly cleaned.

Also, the mod is literally 567KB so you can't tell me it would take up much storage. If you have anything more "useful than this", feel free to suggest it!

Keep the trash, I say!
The clutter adds to the immersion more than no/less clutter.

KEEP THE TRASH, I SAY!

Also, Los Santos is a city of millenial wanna-be-cool super gangsters, soem actual criminals, mob people, B-class stand-up celebrities and other scum of humanity only a city like LS can produce. LS as a city bears a facade of wealth and prosperity with the rats and garbage of it's lifestyles leaking out of all openings and orifices. Let's keep it that way. 

Removing trash is a thing that a city of sane, reasonable people that care about environment and justice would do. Which LS isn't.

tl;dr Junk adds to the atmosphere of the city, makes it feel less empty and also reflects the populations general views on environmental cleanliness, which can be viewed in the size and the gas usage of the cars some most people drive.

Edited by Rekhoem

Something the ones disagreeing are failing to realize is that this mod only removes the dynamic trash objects. Random cans rolling around the street that can flip your car or push it away will be gone, piles of bricks/old tires(also dynamic) will also be gone. Those are pieces of junk that appear in front of a lot of establishments that actually are active. No doubt people would actually clean those up, right?

Ta4OQ5.jpg
eO4OM8.jpg

All of these pieces of junk outside my character's business don't add to the immersion at all, they ruin the immersion. The only difference the average player will notice is that... There will no longer be soda cans rolling around on the streets. That's it.

16 minutes ago, Rekhoem said:

Keep the trash, I say!
The clutter adds to the immersion more than no/less clutter.

KEEP THE TRASH, I SAY!

Also, Los Santos is a city of millenial wanna-be-cool super gangsters, soem actual criminals, mob people, B-class stand-up celebrities and other scum of humanity only a city like LS can produce. LS as a city bears a facade of wealth and prosperity with the rats and garbage of it's lifestyles leaking out of all openings and orifices. Let's keep it that way. 

Removing trash is a thing that a city of sane, reasonable people that care about environment and justice would do. Which LS isn't.

tl;dr Junk adds to the atmosphere of the city, makes it feel less empty and also reflects the populations general views on environmental cleanliness, which can be viewed in the size and the gas usage of the cars some most people drive.

Inhabitants of a city don't determine it's cleanliness, it's the city government's job to ensure the streets are clean. I've been to many places irl that are realistically a lot worse off than Los Santos would be, but yet I've never seen trash laying around on the streets/sidewalks. 

Tldr: this suggestion doesn't impact your "immersion" because you've likely never paid attention to the random dynamic trash laying around, however what it will do is help the immersion for those who actually want to keep their character's environments clean. Besides, an obvious + is the fact that it'll help some players with FPS and CPU load in general.

16 minutes ago, Gryffin said:

Inhabitants of a city don't determine it's cleanliness, it's the city government's job to ensure the streets are clean. I've been to many places irl that are realistically a lot worse off than Los Santos would be, but yet I've never seen trash laying around on the streets/sidewalks. 

Tldr: this suggestion doesn't impact your "immersion" because you've likely never paid attention to the random dynamic trash laying around, however what it will do is help the immersion for those who actually want to keep their character's environments clean. Besides, an obvious + is the fact that it'll help some players with FPS and CPU load in general.

It's the inhabitants of the city that cause most of the dirt (with a minor part being caused by tourism.) So, yes. It is the inhabitants of the city that have a major influence on how clean a city is. Sure, the citie's government may send cleanup crews through the streets once or twice a week, but that's not really enough to keep them squeaky clean.

And opposing to you claim my character does pay attention to the environment and the trash, occasionally interacting with it. It's little things like this dynamic trash that makes the city feel a little more alive, in the absence of NPCs.

The one acceptable way to implement this mod is by adding another scripted job, I guess. This job would consist of people cleaning places via RP and associated commands, which would make the cleaned place stay clean for one or two days. But that'd be the only way of implementation I could imagine works out fine - Los Santos simply isn't a clean city.

About the CPU/GPU load the dynamic trash causes - it's minimal.

Edited by Rekhoem
8 minutes ago, Rekhoem said:

It's the inhabitants of the city that cause most of the dirt (with a minor part being caused by tourism.) So, yes. It is the inhabitants of the city that have a major influence on how clean a city is. Sure, the citie's government may send cleanup crews through the streets once or twice a week, but that's not really enough to keep them squeaky clean.

And opposing to you claim my character does pay attention to the environment and the trash, occasionally interacting with it. It's little things like this dynamic trash that makes the city feel a little more alive, in the absence of NPCs.

The one acceptable way to implement this mod is by adding another scripted job, I guess. This job would consist of people cleaning places via RP and associated commands, which would make the cleaned place stay clean for one or two days. But that'd be the only way of implementation I could imagine works out fine - Los Santos simply isn't a clean city.

About the CPU/GPU load the dynamic trash causes - it's minimal.

And that's the whole point - this mod doesn't remove every single piece of trash in the game. There's still a ton of it left even with this mod, you simply won't see establishments that look abandoned, even though they aren't. The cans rolling around the streets is just an example that most people will run into.

As for your last point, don't 100% quote me on this, but GTA 5 has a lot of dynamic props in the game and that's why it's famous for being hard on the CPU. Sure, players that have even mid-range or above computers won't notice much of a difference, if any, but it may help out those on the lower end. It's just a small bonus of actually having a realistic looking city.

It could make sense having a RP job that involves cleaning the streets and etc, but then again, I highly doubt anyone would be interested in it for longer than a week.

? When you honestly didn't expect people to be against cleaning up their neighbourhoods.

Okay let's put it this way. Immersion generated from dynamic trash objects is let's be honest, none. We only notice it when there is a can rolling around or when you've suddenly somehow driven over a brick in the middle of Downtown Vinewood or Mirror Park.

Think of it this way, there are people who would like to see a more cleaner environment in non-ghetto areas while still keeping some trash because obviously no city is ever spotless, as a matter of fact, there is still plenty of dirt in the ghetto's after this mod has been installed (Yes, I tested it and it's more accurate than you may think). This is what that mod does. Not only that, it also increases performance just a tad which helps plenty of players on the server by lessening their CPU and GPU load which can increase their FPS and lessen their desync. I'm sure that alone is a very good reason to implement this mod.

• Upvote 1

If you can run GTA V then a few bricks on the road aren't ruining your performance. 

A dev out there sat countless of hours to generate rubbish and texture stuff, then you delete it because you are annoyed at driving over a soda can. 

That stuff happens IRL, so deal with it as well. Don't drive 100mph in the city and maybe you won't flip driving over obstacles. I have never seen bricks or such objects on the road either, so unless you drove like crazy in a parking lot or a sidewalk I don't see how you can flip in one of them. 

But yes, I admit rolling cans are a bit annoying, but still.

6 hours ago, zaXer. said:

If you can run GTA V then a few bricks on the road aren't ruining your performance. 

A dev out there sat countless of hours to generate rubbish and texture stuff, then you delete it because you are annoyed at driving over a soda can. 

That stuff happens IRL, so deal with it as well. Don't drive 100mph in the city and maybe you won't flip driving over obstacles. I have never seen bricks or such objects on the road either, so unless you drove like crazy in a parking lot or a sidewalk I don't see how you can flip in one of them. 

But yes, I admit rolling cans are a bit annoying, but still.

The trash isn't in the roads. Like I said earlier and like you (hopefully) read, this mod removes RNG generated piece of rebar, massive bricks, bottles and general trash in PARKING LOTS that would have been occupied and cleaned frequently since people park in them a lot. This doesn't remove any trash off the roads. I don't know about you, but last time I drove around town, I didn't have to dodge pieces of rebar, crowbars and bricks. You don't have to "drive like a maniac" in parking lots to flip your car. Like I said, these bits are RNG generated and have no use other than damaging your car when you're trying to park cause the devs thought it would be funny to throw them all over where you wouldn't see them.