/vfind

PandaGaming

I thought about this idea. My friend said that what if it’s stolen and you would be somewhat OOCly finding out where the car is. My solution was to add like a lo jack GPS tracking feature so that the car could be traced via a /vfind command. The player would have to pay some extra money to have the modification added. Maybe the possibility of the LSPD some how tracking your car should it be stolen.

It will be used wrongly most of the time. I don't think this kind of command is not needed as you should remember where you park your car IRL so why not in in server?

However, as CRobinson said, it might be useful if PD has this ability to track a vehicle if it has a GPS installed. It won't be used by the owner but the police only when needed.

50 minutes ago, iCohen said:

It will be used wrongly most of the time. I don't think this kind of command is not needed as you should remember where you park your car IRL so why not in in server?

However, as CRobinson said, it might be useful if PD has this ability to track a vehicle if it has a GPS installed. It won't be used by the owner but the police only when needed.

This is too big map, pretty hard to remember where you /vpark'ed.

There are several scenarios where you /vpark;

1. you log off. most of the time you log off at your work place or your house.

2. You RP somewhere. I'm pretty sure you'll remember where you park you car since you drove to that place you're RPing at.

3. Getting a ride from somewhere with somebody. This might be the only time you really might forget where you parked your car. But if you think about it, you'd get a ride from somewhere you're aware of like a business, home, etc. 

I'm being so negative about this suggestion because it will be easily be abused when someone rob your car and you're too stressed to get it back. You'll wait for the moment he leaves it and you run or report the police with the location. I think we should give a fair chance to the robbers as well which a command like this won't do the trick. 

However, there are few scenarios where you need this command like if the robbers log off and just left the car at their HQ or something. In this case, the police should only be able to track it if said GPS system is installed. Or even a mechanic when you think about it since he can tow it for you. 

So yeah, I'm supporting this but only if it will be used with people who're trustworthy to not abuse it like the pd or mechanics since it's their job. 

11 minutes ago, Lance said:

You log in, you /vget. It gives you a checkpoint. Other than that why would you forget? Not like you own 10 cars that are parked in different locations.

I only see this being used when someone crashes and loses their car or it gets stolen.

As of right now /vget should do this if your car is already spawned. If it's not spawned, it spawns it and drops a blip. I'm not sure if there are conditions that prevent it from working correctly, such as people driving it, but not only is that probably not something we want but in its existing state this /vget will do exactly what you're asking for.

• Rukka locked this topic