Taco Truck /stationtruck

cracked

Short description: Making a position based system to teleport a player into the middle of a taco truck and freeze them in there.

Detailed description: Basically, through using the players position relative to the taco trucks position, my theory is that you could technically add a command that would freeze the truck, prevent collision with the player owning it, and teleport the player into the middle with a command, then let them exit with a command aswell.

Commands to add: 1 stationing command for the truck, to open shop somewhere. 1 exiting command for the truck.

Items to add: ??? N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Realism, lots of pop-up taco trucks around LS, probably brings more RP. They could open realistically at the Pier, random neighborhoods etc. I know it would improve stuff.

Additional information: N/A

There's a way to get in the back, park and unpark it and you'll be in the back, however being there is very glitchy for others and you twitch back and forth to other players same as if you stand behind a bar. Not ot meniton the /trunk open stuff is not synced and if you open the trunk, if someone comes over they might not see it open (if they werent in range for /trunk to load).

13 hours ago, zaXer. said:

There's a way to get in the back, park and unpark it and you'll be in the back, however being there is very glitchy for others and you twitch back and forth to other players same as if you stand behind a bar. Not ot meniton the /trunk open stuff is not synced and if you open the trunk, if someone comes over they might not see it open (if they werent in range for /trunk to load).

Is it possible to teleport and freeze a player there then? Like how when you enter a property interior, but you'll be visible and sharing the same dim as other players?

It's not gonna work as I mentioned, people who come after you have teleported there see you standing out of the car.  The only option would be to have a driver so the car stays synced while you are in the back, even then not sure how it's gonna work. 

Edited by zaXer.
  • 6 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 2:42 PM, zaXer. said:

It's not gonna work as I mentioned, people who come after you have teleported there see you standing out of the car.  The only option would be to have a driver so the car stays synced while you are in the back, even then not sure how it's gonna work. 

Huh? 

Why would other people not see you getting teleported. That aint right. Yeah there is probably an issue with trunks, but thats only because the fact the trunk is open isn't saved, so players streaming in are not aware of it. That doesn't have anything todo with teleporting someone though.

I'm not sure on the taco truck, and its colliders used for collision detection. Might see if I can work something out.

• 3 months later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic