Cigarettes available at more shops

borhoi

11 hours ago, borhoi said:

I mean, this is kind of the case in real life as well. People don't go to tobacco shops to get their Marlboro Lights. They go to get some specialty brand that isn't stocked elsewhere, pipe tobacco, cigars, et cetera. The fact that cigarettes have been scripted but you can't pick them up where people actually pick them up is a bit of a bummer immersion-wise. If it's going to make tobacco stores non-viable I'd counter by asking why they were put there in the first place? It's a niche business in real life.

I completely agree with you, however I still think it will kill all the tobacco stores same with the liquor stores if gas stations etc are allowed to sell liquor. I for example will turn my stores into a general store if this happens.

Let's say you can allow 24/7 to have specific drinks / cigarettes / cigars, instead of having them all.
Let's say you'd be allowed to buy a shitty cigarette quality pack at a 24/7 and for example beers.

Never in life seen a 24/7 selling whiskey and those typa drinks, mainly when, in here ( Portugal ), 24/7's are small rooms with machines where you take stuff out; there is no clerk.

As of this, we could divide a couple of items and allow the sale on 24/7's.

Tobacco stores will still available if your character wants to smoke good quality stuff instead of some rat-cigarettes, and liquor's store if you fancy anything else than beers.
Most of teenage go get the beers from a 24/7 because nobody would even sell them if they're under aged in a liquor store.

Same happens with tobacco. Usually if the 24/7 has a clerk and the teenage people lives nearby, they're already known and it's way easier to work a way out on acquiring smokes & drinks.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic