A Suggestion/Question for everyone

Shinto

So as it stands, we do appreciate all the new lovely updates that come out, of course some are odd here and there but new content is always great for a server that is still developing into something truly great. Yet, I feel that there is a lack of concern in an area that should be focused on the most - stability.

While new updates are great and keeps the server fresh, having those updates on an unstable playground is.. disappointing. I for one, would much rather play on a server that works, doesn't crash 10+ times in the span of 3 hours and has decent sync, than get all excited over an update which will not really be playable since it keeps crashing in the middle of you doing something.

So as a suggestion to the staff/development team and a question to the entire community --

Would you rather want development to be focused on fixing the crashes and anything else broken, increasing stability for the next month or two or would you rather new content with partial fixes as it has been going?

Edit: I feel like this is something of a pressing concern considering the current stability problems with the server which really is annoying and demotivating a lot of people.

Edited by Shinto
  • Upvote 1

I'd rather have content updates with bug fixes. The nature of the client and indeed complexity of the game itself means that we're never going to be in a position to have a crash-free server, no matter what fixes are implemented and features introduced, the server will have stability issues in the long term, it's our role to push past it for the sake of the characters we develop and stories we make.

Therefore, I'd rather see new features that add to the experience, rather than running around fixing issues that arise from nowhere.

Also, development team doesn't work how you think it does, one guy might be really good at making new features and another at those new GUIs, like the phone system, but bad at fixing bugs, it's a team effort, it's not feasible for what you suggested to work in the server as it stands.

Edited by HaveADream
  • Developer
1 hour ago, HaveADream said:

I'd rather have content updates with bug fixes. The nature of the client and indeed complexity of the game itself means that we're never going to be in a position to have a crash-free server, no matter what fixes are implemented and features introduced, the server will have stability issues in the long term, it's our role to push past it for the sake of the characters we develop and stories we make.

Therefore, I'd rather see new features that add to the experience, rather than running around fixing issues that arise from nowhere.

Also, development team doesn't work how you think it does, one guy might be really good at making new features and another at those new GUIs, like the phone system, but bad at fixing bugs, it's a team effort, it's not feasible for what you suggested to work in the server as it stands.

This but also, ALOT of stability and sync relays in the hands of RageMP. SAMP was nothing like it is today when it first launched.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

This but also, ALOT of stability and sync relays in the hands of RageMP. SAMP was nothing like it is today when it first launched.

In other words do not expect an update on RageMP side anytime soon, because all I've seen in the past six months are a few gifs of showing sync, and a few Soon text along with it. The word Soon is a very relative term, it can happen this week, this month, in the coming months (3/6/12 months). They built hype around 0.4 that was delayed and eventually turned into a myth last year. Now they ported shit from 0.4 to 0.3.8, did a private test thing and posted this past Friday a video showing shooting sync (no car sync nothing else except rag-doll & shooting sync and dropping grenades). I lost hope if and when RageMP even releases an update (unless Rockstar pushes an update to GTA Online, then RageMP will have to push an update), because what I've seen is Nervous implementing sync fixes into the GameMode when it's the responsibility of the Client (RageMP) to be the one dealing with it. I can go on a limb here and guess that some of those fixes were the cause of the constant crashes two~three weeks ago after an update.

Why I am saying this? Because you mentioned SAMP and their update history? You had at least a year between updates on a minimum if not more, their project was dropped, restarted and dropped again, rinse and repeat multiple times. Took them nearly seven years (if I am not wrong) to finally fix the sync & stability instead of pushing features.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

If this is an actual choice, stabilize the server please. As a new-ish player, I'm trying really hard to not get turned off by the constant crashing and recurring entry fee's to hotspots.

If it's out of GTA:W's hands, I'll keep trucking on. ?

• mj2002 locked this topic