Notification for Warrant Searches and Break-in notification REVAMP.

Short description: Sending a notification to players who homes have been raided by warrant, and more information pertaining to unauthorized home entry.

Detailed description: Have the notification system alert a player when their property has been raided by PD, much like the break-in system, in either illegal or legal situations giving a time-stamp of date and time, and the state of the house (ie: if door was broken, if house was ransacked)

Items to add:  A notification at log on saying your property has been searched by LSPD, along with a time-stamp and short message of the state of the home for both illegal and legal entry.

How would your suggestion improve the server? This will create rp for the player who has been searched, giving them a chance to hire a lawyer, run and hide, turn themselves in or just panic. Also it adds to the realism that no one would enter your home and search through things without you being able to somehow notice. As for illegal it will give a player a idea of how to rp the aftermath.

*Edited with community ideas, thanks so much for the insight!

Edited by cryybabyycryy
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

still treating this like an lspd issue which is inherently wrong as everyone uses the same system. 

i could support this being implemented for both ILLEGAL and LEGAL usage of the /breakin command, though. any parties raiding a property should have to leave a flavour text detailing the state of the property and anything missing after the fact.

It is listed as a PD issue because this is already implemented for break-in. My suggestion here was not for details but just a simple notice.

But that is a great idea. Tho I do agree on listing damages or things out of place but as for items missing? Nah, I think that is to be found out ic... Robberies don't list items they have taken and due to game mechanics nothing that large can be taken.

Edited by cryybabyycryy

There is already a notice. The police department uses the /breakin system, too. Said notice shows up in /notifications. Changing the way the /breakin system notifies players in general is the better course of action, here. Maybe the overseeing admin can write a quick blurb for how entry was gained, and what the state of the property would be in. In most cases of a search warrant on a vacant or unoccupied property, a notice containing a copy of the warrant is usually left, too, so that can be another step in the proper execution of one on the side of PD.

Otherwise, there's not much else we can add to the /breakin system to give people a better idea of what happened. I don't want to have to force handling admins to write more than a few lines of text. 

Just now, Helm said:

There is already a notice. The police department uses the /breakin system, too. Said notice shows up in /notifications. Changing the way the /breakin system notifies players in general is the better course of action, here. Maybe the overseeing admin can write a quick blurb for how entry was gained, and what the state of the property would be in. In most cases of a search warrant on a vacant or unoccupied property, a notice containing a copy of the warrant is usually left, too, so that can be another step in the proper execution of one on the side of PD.

Otherwise, there's not much else we can add to the /breakin system to give people a better idea of what happened. I don't want to have to force handling admins to write more than a few lines of text. 

Not sure if it was a bug or what, but the player I know got no notice. Two break ins on me and I got noticed once.

My character's house has been broken into twice, and I have two notifications of it in /notifications that won't go away even when I use... Whatever the command is to clear said notifications. These are from months ago, too. 

We might be asking the Monkey's Paw to grant this wish if /notifications doesn't like to be cleared!

Not sure why it isn’t part of the break in process to be honest. After the rp, when the house is raided / burgled it would be no real effort to drop a quick notification with a date stamp (especially if it was a template automatic system) to the tone of either; your house was raided by PD / your house was broken into and burglarised. Extra points if there was then an option to leave a brief comment, eg;

Your house was broken into. State of property: ransacked

• Upvote 1

If there was possibly a way to have an icon showing a note or something within your house or on the front door which only the owner could see, could LSPD not use the new /note system and include a professional image stating the property has been raided?

Reason for the icon showing is because I don't believe notes show up if they're dropped or placed around, so it would be noticeable to the player OOC'ly etc.

Edited by Jura