search warrant on offline player reaction

Legate

If LSPD breaks into my characters sleeping space on a completely legitimate and roleplayed out search warrant at an earlier date and find drugs, then arrest me without ever notifying me that there was the slightest bit of disturbance in my characters sleeping space/home is that perfectly okay? Couple days have passed and nobody even hinted to me that maybe I should be roleplaying my door got kicked in. What happened to being fair, common courtesy, and all that? I've been told by an admin that "there's no system" but that was like a fuck you.

A pm saying my house was busted into and there’s a search warrant there to show for it would quell this all.

Common courtesy.

Edited by Captain
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I mean, it's about the same equivalent to when people break into others houses while they're offline, steal all their shit and then dip out without much of a notification. This isn't an issue based off of a singular faction or entity. I would probably say that this is better off being a suggestion to implement a system or rule about how a player should be notified about their house after it's been broken into. Considering admins have to spectate break in requests anyway, I would assume it'd be best if they're given a way to set notifications to houses.  

• Upvote 1

Seeing as how literally everyone else can do that with the /breakin system, yes. An admin regulates the breakin, spectates the entire event, and ensures that the breaking in party is doing what they're supposed to do. 

The system isn't perfect, but there are alot of players that don't play for days at a time. I don't think it's reasonable to expect the PD to wait for them to come online, especially when warrants are timed, and considering the amount of effort that goes into creating them. And I'd hardly call it a "fuck you", it's just an  answer - kinda braise to see it that way. 

EDIT: I actually don't see what the issue is now seeing as there's a notification system. 

Edited by Dodo

I personally think raiding the property of an offline player is a little bullshit, especially not notifying them of anything either, especially if the character is frequently there. What's the point of roleplay if the other party isn't even around to partake in it and you shit on everything he has while he's not even around? Not even notifying him in any way shape or form just makes it seem kinda powergamey/metagamey "hey we raided your properties while you were offline and we don't tell you so your character can't even react properly to this happening" like they'd obviously find out one way or another, and act accordingly but there's no chance to do that if it's all done under the nose of the player and gives them no info on what's happened. Makes for pretty one-sided police-favoring roleplay rather than supporting both sides of roleplay to make it even.

I think it's okay to have them there so long as the player is somehow notified of this afterward. A police raid and a B&E is hardly ever a tidy affair that leaves the house spotless and nice after, the player would clearly find out icly at some point but there's no chance of that without being notified and they can't react accordingly or even have any of their own RP branch off of it until the cops inevitably hit you with that "we raided ur shit kid lmao" after everythings already said and done or you look and realize ur shits not in your house lmao

• Thanks 1

/breakin notifies you and /stashinfo is there so you can adequately roleplay hiding your stuff. an administrator also needs to be present for every search warrant execution. 

the way we execute search warrants is no different to how illegal roleplayers execute breakins. this should be less "the lspd busted into my house and didn't inform me!!!" and more "i don't agree with the /breakin system".

Edited by Hlym

I will throw my two cents into this discussion.

In my opinion, I do not think it is necessary to contact someone "OOC" for an "IC" situation. I'm not going to message you saying that your house is getting raided by the PD so you can suddenly come online. We cannot roleplay for you and we cannot NPC your character being there. People have lives and people are busy, they shouldn't have to be pulled from that for a video game. We can't always be on this game 24/7.

The break-in system is meant to notify you that your house was broken into. Like it was mentioned before I don't think it's quite "fair" for the PD having to coordinate with your timing or when you're online to raid your house. Criminals go into your houses, raid them and leave and there hasn't been an issue with it so far (as far as I'm aware). 

Criminals use this system just as much as the police do but when it's the PD doing it, it turns into an issue? What if a criminal was to raid your house, would this discussion be any different?

Suggest that the break-in system gets revamped or suggestion a better notification system. 

@Frezemis it's not about me coming online for the warrant, it's about DAYS passing, days of intricate roleplay by LSPD by itself when it could have been LSPD and I, where I simply wasn't notified. I couldn't even RP knowing that LSPD broke the front door down because I didn't know it oocly. It was one sided roleplay.

More often than not I find my self in a position where LSPD has done all of the rp by themselves and not once is the player involved in anything prior to an arrest or any RP of that sort.

Common courtesy.

Edited by Captain

Really the simple fix is a notification like the break-in system. I understand the frustration of not knowing for days that the house was raided, I also understand that you cant be online all at the same time. Rp a note on the door or things being messed up and let the player know why.. That's kinda falling into just being nice and allowing others in on rp they are involved in when they don't know it.

Edited by cryybabyycryy