Remove the like limit.

Hastangz

On 4/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, TheMac_Aodhagain said:

If that's not your cup of tea then add something like account specific limitations. Meaning that much like the current limit, you can only upvote/downvote two or three posts from a specific person, but you can upvote/downvote other people's posts two or three times until your limit for that specific person has met the threshold for that day as well. So I could like two posts from John Doe but no more until the next day and also give two likes to Jane Doe but I can't give her anymore until tomorrow, etcetera and so forth.

That way you don't have people farming reputation but they can still show support or give rep to strangers that they deem deserve it.

^ Best solution.

• Upvote 2
On 1/1/2021 at 12:33 AM, The OG Juicebox said:

Just remove the reputation gain from "Thanks" and "Applaud" and let those be used in an unlimited capacity. Keep the reputation gain and limit on "Upvote" as it is now so people can upvote truly good ideas and posts when its deserved. This appeases both sides. Problem solved.

This is the best solution.

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2021 at 12:33 AM, The OG Juicebox said:

Just remove the reputation gain from "Thanks" and "Applaud" and let those be used in an unlimited capacity. Keep the reputation gain and limit on "Upvote" as it is now so people can upvote truly good ideas and posts when its deserved. This appeases both sides. Problem solved.

Admins, can we get any comment on if this above solution is possible? I would love to be able to applaud a post more than twice per day, it's pretty annoying. I know it sounds pretty minuscule, but I enjoy giving credit where its deserved on a good post and would rather not have to respond with a +1 or the "clap" emoji if I don't feel like posting a huge reply. Take the thanks and applaud reactions off the list that adds reputation and leave it to upvote only, retaining the limit on upvote. It's a good solution. 

@Everett See my quote above. Is this possible?

Edited by Numelo
5 hours ago, Yoak said:

yes

i also know why they dont do it, it'll stop people posting for "clout"

Well that’s why the quote in my post above strikes a compromise. “Upvote” retains its limit and gives people rep. It can be used more sparingly for truly good ideas. “Applaud” and “Thanks” could be made to not count towards rep and remove the daily limit on them. Win win. 

Edited by Numelo