Remove the like limit.

Hastangz

Some arguments I've heard against it are that people would just get their friends to 'spam likes' or whatever the hell.

It's literally just internet points and they don't matter. Please remove the limit, it's pointless and annoying to try and pick and choose whose posts to support just because you only have 3 a day.

6 hours ago, nwah_ said:

It's literally just internet points and they don't matter.

They might not matter for confident persons, however a lot of likes under a post as mentioned indicates relevance.

Removing the limit would allow people to constantly upvote not only each other's stories, but also topics of actual relevance for the whole server, such as suggestions.

With endless upvotes, people would much more frequently decide to simply give a suggestion a "thumbs up", even if they barely care, as long as they halfway agree with something.

This would lead to meaningless suggestions gaining seemingly much more relevance, as people would just upvote them.

The current system ensures the opposite- if I spot a suggestion I deem so important that I really want to see it implemented, but am out of votes for the day, I'll return to the topic the next day to put one down.

3 hours ago, knppel said:

They might not matter for confident persons, however a lot of likes under a post as mentioned indicates relevance.

Removing the limit would allow people to constantly upvote not only each other's stories, but also topics of actual relevance for the whole server, such as suggestions.

With endless upvotes, people would much more frequently decide to simply give a suggestion a "thumbs up", even if they barely care, as long as they halfway agree with something.

This would lead to meaningless suggestions gaining seemingly much more relevance, as people would just upvote them.

The current system ensures the opposite- if I spot a suggestion I deem so important that I really want to see it implemented, but am out of votes for the day, I'll return to the topic the next day to put one down.

People already give relevance to 'meaningless' suggestions by commenting '+1' 'Support this.' or the opposite on the post without really adding much of anything to the topic or conversation BECAUSE they have an arbitrary limit on their likes. But even then it's pretty much a non-issue, despite likes and posts in support, any truly impossible/outlandish suggestion gets archived by staff anyway.

People on this forum are pretty creative when it comes to their faction thread posts, character threads, IC articles, etc. There's just so much content that's being posted in a day that would warrant the most basic of validation by offering them a 'like', however with only 3 likes a day why should I have to pick and choose who gets the internet points? Am I supposed to make some word document list with posts I enjoyed but couldn't 'like' and end up with an insane back-log, rationing out my likes from day to day? It's just pointless and really, I see no reason to revere likes as if they're something precious.