Remove the like limit.

Hastangz

4 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

remove likes all together

This.

Have a 'like' too while we still have them.

Edited by Guest
On 1/2/2021 at 8:57 AM, tomatoz said:

Think about it. This will ruin the reputation system. Everyone is going to have 100 or higher reputation. Reputation is something that needs to be earned, it’s not a contest, like 4 like, liking all of your friend’s posts, or liking all of your faction’s post.

See below. This suggestion works best for everyone.

On 1/1/2021 at 12:33 AM, The OG Juicebox said:

Just remove the reputation gain from "Thanks" and "Applaud" and let those be used in an unlimited capacity. Keep the reputation gain and limit on "Upvote" as it is now so people can upvote truly good ideas and posts when its deserved. This appeases both sides. Problem solved.

Edited by Cypher
  • 2 weeks later...

I mean the the reputation point system lost its value the moment sections like faction threads receive points instead of sections that actually matter. Even so, if you're a regular around the forums, you should know a person's reputation just by looking at their name.

I've been coming in and out the forums the past year or so just to see the progress of the community. Reputation points seem like decoration. I'm guessing the only reason these points were even implemented was to try and engage people with the forums more.  

At the end of the day, remove the limit of likes or not, the whole reputation system should be revamped or removed, unless it is there just for decoration but yet again, these are just points. 

Edited by airi2001
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 8:57 AM, tomatoz said:

Think about it. This will ruin the reputation system. Everyone is going to have 100 or higher reputation. Reputation is something that needs to be earned, it’s not a contest, like 4 like, liking all of your friend’s posts, or liking all of your faction’s post.

Solution below.

On 1/1/2021 at 12:33 AM, The OG Juicebox said:

Just remove the reputation gain from "Thanks" and "Applaud" and let those be used in an unlimited capacity. Keep the reputation gain and limit on "Upvote" as it is now so people can upvote truly good ideas and posts when its deserved. This appeases both sides. Problem solved.

Edited by Sixty
  • 1 month later...

I'm new and I just noticed this limit today when reading through high quality content and trying to like it. The limit is really illogical to be honest, you are essentially deincentivising the creation of quality content on the forum.

• 1 month later...

Getting real fucking tired of not being able to like posts that make good points, boys

Furthermore, who cares if someone likes their friends' posts? Like points are literally useless. Stop being so fucking sensitive.

Edited by Dom.
  • Upvote 2

Addressing one of the aforementioned problems: take out the like limit but add dislikes that will subtract from from your reputation, on top of taking out the applaud and thanks. Just have upvote, downvote.

If that's not your cup of tea then add something like account specific limitations. Meaning that much like the current limit, you can only upvote/downvote two or three posts from a specific person, but you can upvote/downvote other people's posts two or three times until your limit for that specific person has met the threshold for that day as well. So I could like two posts from John Doe but no more until the next day and also give two likes to Jane Doe but I can't give her anymore until tomorrow, etcetera and so forth.

That way you don't have people farming reputation but they can still show support or give rep to strangers that they deem deserve it.

• 2 weeks later...