Remove the like limit.

Hastangz

27 minutes ago, nwah_ said:

with only 3 likes a day why should I have to pick and choose who gets the internet points? Am I supposed to make some word document list with posts I enjoyed but couldn't 'like' and end up with an insane back-log, rationing out my likes from day to day?

Or just idk play the game rather than to dwell over screenshots too much.

20 hours ago, Tr1bal said:

People are mostly giving likes to their friends/faction. 'Likes' are inflated. Should be removed.

I personally think they're a nice addition. Where's the harm in liking your friends' posts? Where's the harm in liking 1000 posts a day? Yes, they're meaningless to most, but they're a way of engaing without necessarily having something to say. I might agree with your comment and support it but not necessarily have anything to add or object to. I might like your content but not necessarily have anything to reply with. I would definitely enjoy posting a news article, for example, and have people react to it instead of just see it and have no idea what the feedback is. Liking is much better than having '+1' replies anyway.

16 hours ago, knppel said:

Or just idk play the game rather than to dwell over screenshots too much.

There isn't a rule saying you can't do both?

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, tomatoz said:

No. People are going to make this into a like4like and are just going to give their friends likes to boost their reputation.

But there's nothing wrong with that? Likes are currently a form of currency, if you may, but they shouldn't be. There shouldn't be a like hierarchy in the first place. If this limit is removed, one of two things is going to happen - people will use likes for their intended purposes (reacting to posts that you like, showing feedback) or the whole thing will become a contest which, again, isn't a bad thing - it'd just make the forums more active and, overall, bring more people to the forums and generate more activity.

Yeah, some people may get all of their friends to like their posts but isn't that already happening, but with posts? Getting your friends to reply to your topics and thus generating posts or getting all your friends to like 2 of your posts each day. I don't know but I've never heard of that happening or being a big problem. I support this suggestion, it'd be nice to be able to use likes for what likes should be used for and not have 99% of the people 'suffer' (big word used there) because of 1% who'd abuse it.

2 hours ago, Entity said:

But there's nothing wrong with that? Likes are currently a form of currency, if you may, but they shouldn't be. There shouldn't be a like hierarchy in the first place. If this limit is removed, one of two things is going to happen - people will use likes for their intended purposes (reacting to posts that you like, showing feedback) or the whole thing will become a contest which, again, isn't a bad thing - it'd just make the forums more active and, overall, bring more people to the forums and generate more activity.

Yeah, some people may get all of their friends to like their posts but isn't that already happening, but with posts? Getting your friends to reply to your topics and thus generating posts or getting all your friends to like 2 of your posts each day. I don't know but I've never heard of that happening or being a big problem. I support this suggestion, it'd be nice to be able to use likes for what likes should be used for and not have 99% of the people 'suffer' (big word used there) because of 1% who'd abuse it.

Think about it. This will ruin the reputation system. Everyone is going to have 100 or higher reputation. Reputation is something that needs to be earned, it’s not a contest, like 4 like, liking all of your friend’s posts, or liking all of your faction’s post.

7 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

Think about it. This will ruin the reputation system. Everyone is going to have 100 or higher reputation. Reputation is something that needs to be earned, it’s not a contest, like 4 like, liking all of your friend’s posts, or liking all of your faction’s post.

Yeah, I know it's going to ruin it, it would basically render likes useless.

But aren't they useless anyway? Do we need a reputation system? There's definitely some downsides to implementing this, but I think that the positive aspects massively outweigh these downsides. If it were after me, I'd just entirely remove the reputation system and let likes be what they were initially intended to be - reactions.