Phone UI

Sterren

Support the suggestion or not  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Phone UI
Simply make it so that the phone is loaded in at all times, make it hide by letting it slide down to the bottom of the monitor, and potentially make it clickable too so it comes back up.

What does this improve for the server?
Each time a player wants to get their phone it doesn't require itself to load in as it's pre-loaded but hidden, it appears once the player either uses the /ph command or clicks the lid of the phone to come up, this simply reduces load times +  isn't something annoying to have hidden with a lid at the bottom, plus it'll look pretty neat if the phone slides up with a simple on-screen animation.

For the players that do not appreciate a lid at the bottom, it could be countered by allowing players to toggle the phone off with a command, which could be saved in the DB so once players rejoin and they prefer their phones not loaded in it's an option.

Will this be bothering for screenshots?
If players want to make a screenshot they can simply disable the entire hud with F7, won't it also hide CEF? If not assign the phone to be toggled off too once player presses F7, and re-enable itself once the player retoggles their hud on.

Alternative:
Have the phone disapear out of sight, but permanently loaded in to eliminate the phone loading, and make it appear with some sort of slide up from the spot it was hidden, an good spot to hide it at is beneath, beyond the resolution.

No clue if this is any good, so discuss beneath if anything of the above is changed or if you disagree.

Edited by Sterren
Added poll
  • 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, Sterren said:

someone dug up this suggestion, didn't even remember i made it.

idk if i approve of my own suggestion anymore as the phone has significantly improved over the year, this suggestion was made July 3 2019

The phone still takes some time to load...

19 minutes ago, Shekh said:

so the top of the phone would be visible in the bottom right all the time? thats just gonna be ugly

I think what he meant is that you'll be able to see the top notification bar of the phone where the time goes and other stuff.

• Upvote 1

I love this and it's a good suggestion. It would make using the phone a lot better. Right now I have my main PC which loads the phone almost instantly. But up until a month ago I was stuck with my shitty laptop for 2 month and having the load the phone every time was making it such a hassle since I had to wait multiple seconds at a time.

• mj2002 locked this topic